CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

But twitch already does this now....

I'm pretty sure Twitch implemented it as part of the default tool set 

News to me, then. :P  That along with incorporating their form of Oddshot into the default Twitch video player is pretty awesome.

This is Halo we're talking about. There are probably only a few orgs that really care about a team

They may not care as much about Halo, but every org cares about advertising. You're essentially buying a spot for your org name and logo to appear in the HCS for however long they choose to remain involved. If the team catches fire and does better than expected, it opens to door to stay in Halo without having to build a team from the ground up. At worst they perform the same and you're still getting your org name out there in another title and making more people aware of it.

This is Halo we're talking about. There are probably only a few orgs that really care about a team

yes. halo 5 pro league is not really that big.

​if this would be worlds in spring with 3m prize pool, we woul've a different conversation

Why are you so cynical? Orgs can gain exposure in Halo they wouldn't otherwise get 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I love how this thread went from "Aww that's so sad. I feel bad for Maniac," to "HOLY FUCKING SHIT HELL YES OPTIC ARE GOOD NOW."   :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 8

some orgs really care about their competitive legacy

some orgs care about exposure and brand building

esports are weird like that, winning isn't always the #1 agenda 

unlike real sports (for the most part)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Heinz thought he was getting a spot on a massive org, and now they have no one to run with after Nick retires and can't pick up anyone who has an org without buying out the contract with their own money. 

Life.

Stellur is a free agent according to @@TiberiusAudley on the yesterday's episode of The Pit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know, I sorta of like the idea of building the team up from a last place team. Seems sweeter in the end if they win.

That is why I'm still going to support the old optic team.

• Upvote (+1) 4

For the record - @@mediabrute called it in the 45 minutes we were all sitting there being bored as fuck and trolling each other.

A few people mentioned it before that. First post on here I saw was about 3 hours before the stream went live, I think.

Thank you CLG...for supporting Halo, the community and being a legendary team.

6rkjys.jpg

CLG actually dropped cloud and 2gre because they wanted everyone to be shorter than 5'6

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1