CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You can't compete the entirety of the ranked population to the MLG playlist and call that a comparison. Social lists were still more populated than ranked as an entirety. And by playing ranked you aren't really playing casually anymore. Either way, trying to say more ranked playlists is what the casuals want is just wrong. People have been component about the lack of GOOD social playlists since the game launched.

You're making a strawman argument. That more people played social than ranked in Halo3 doesn't change that fact that larger portion of the casual audience was drawn to ranked playlists- playlists that features automatics and radar and equipment, no less. you can't say this group isn't casual when they actively avoided tournament settings and their population dwarfed that of those who prefered those settings.

So to deny this group the opportunity to play ranked Halo, while giving a niche group control over the only objective playlist is nonsensical.

The number of people who play ranked w/o giving a shit about what WE think competitive settings and maps should be GREATLY outnumbers us.

Also when did I say casuals want more Rank Playlists? I said they don't appreciate that a ranked playlist that has catered to casuals since Halo2 has been taken over by a tiny niche that used to get their own playlist.

What's the website that I've seen people use to track scrims?

Used to be halo5arena that people used, but now it's HaloDataHive because @@charas has turned into Judas and betrayed us all.

ranked playlists- playlists that features automatics and radar and equipment, no less.

Would like to stress that this was the Team Slayer playlist, not an all-encompassing Arena playlist.  Team Objective / Team Skirmish was usually dead.  Squad Battle/Ranked BTB was a little more populated, but due to larger teams had an even harder time finding matches.

MLG outpopulated the Team Objective playlist in H3.

• Upvote (+1) 5

You're making a strawman argument. That more people played social than ranked in Halo3 doesn't change that fact that larger portion of the casual audience was drawn to ranked playlists- playlists that features automatics and radar and equipment, no less. you can't say this group isn't casual when they actively avoided tournament settings and their population dwarfed that of those who prefered those settings.

So to deny this group the opportunity to play ranked Halo, while giving a niche group control over the only objective playlist is nonsensical.

The number of people who play ranked w/o giving a shit about what WE think competitive settings and maps should be GREATLY outnumbers us.

I don't even know what you are trying to say anymore. Social lists are more popular. People are complaining about a lack of social playlists. Having ranked lists is great but MORE casuals play social than ranked.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

So you're fine with it destroying the magnum as well?

The pistol destroys the AR what are you talking about? The only situation the AR wins is when Spartans are like 1-2 feet apart.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

The pistol destroys the AR what are you talking about? The only situation the AR wins is when Spartans are like 1-2 feet apart.

The AR has a faster kill time and is much easier to use. And it's the worst auto. So everything else kills even more quickly than the pistol. Thats bad balance.
  • Upvote (+1) 9

I don't even know what you are trying to say anymore. Social lists are more popular. People are complaining about a lack of social playlists. Having ranked lists is great but MORE casuals play social than ranked.

And several times more casuals play ranked than the total number of people who regularly watch pro halo... What's your point?

why did you join the convo if you don't understand the topic? We're talking about how linking Team Arena to competitive scene has robbed the casual audience of the ranked objective playlist they enjoyed (in larger numbers) since H2. So not only are they mad about the poor social playlist management. They are mad about the ranked playlist management. And they directly associate this displeasure with 343i pandering to the pro scene. Which IMO ends up hurting the pro scene.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This Liquid series could end up one-sided still, but 1 game apart so far and given what we seen recently, do we think CLG is just playing poorly, or is this more about the other teams? Could be, and probably is both at once (especially NV), and then we see them in better form once the season starts.

CLG wrote the play book in Season 1 for team play and map movement, then more players and teams imitated their style as they tried to figure out what makes them so good, and maybe most top teams really have closed the gap. It happened a little suddenly, though, for that to seem completely likely, so maybe just not firing on all cylinders right now. 

two of the players that almost beat shottzzy and co were kaotic and articc, both of which are 15 and can not compete.  they beat the entire luminosity squad 3-1 to get to bubu and friends.. 

this age thing makes me sad, if its for insurance reasons i understand. but a team of shottzy kaotic articc and cclaim (the under 16 squad) could easily contend for a pro league spot. 

Pretty sure most people here started playing/competing in the 14-16 age range lol

We're there age requirements for participating in MLG tourneys back in the day?

I remember going to MLG Chicago in '05 or '06 and seeing Lil Poison play in FFA at age like 8 or 9... He was dead tired at like 10-11PM I wanna say when the games were still going on. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Totally untrue, in high level play people are good enough with the AR to beat the pistol with their AR in many situations that are further than extremely close combat (as you suggest by your 1-2 feet remark). I'm confident with an AR battling someone from one end of Coliseum's catwalk to the other, honestly. It's effective at too far of a range. As long as you're good at thrusting, you're on equal footing with pistol users in too many situations.

• Upvote (+1) 2

i'm not a psychoanalyst, but lxthul was playing incredible until that scrim loss to nv, and hasn't been the same since. 

if there's anything distressing going on with him outside of halo, i hope he gets it resolved.

liquid has looked very impressive. congrats to them. 

Its probably just women trouble.

Going in go Team Objective in H3 and playing against awful players and their guests was so much fun to me. My dad, who was in his mid forties at the time(he was actually pretty damn good), and I would do that and Social Slayer and drop huge numbers.

Good clean family fun.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The 2 optic scrims ive watched a lot of have been against AGL, and i can't tell if optic is really good at catching up after going down a lot, or if ALG struggles with holding leads.  Seems like every game ALG goes up significantly optic has been able to bring it back to close, maybe not always win but definitely catch up significantly.

LiL Poison?

That's a name I haven't heard in a loooong time.

Tellin me. I can distinctly remember back when I was just starting to play with "good" players in 05, I ended up in an ffa lobby of his. Fun times.

This Liquid roster is looking extremely good.  Glad to see 3/4 teams all in contention for #1.

nV vs TL tomorrow will be very interesting.