CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Lifestyle is going to run no radar 8s on stream after he warms up.

If you want to see for yourself how the game plays without it, go check out his stream before the Beyond tourney.

https://www.twitch.tv/life2thastyle

Usually, I wouldn't respond to people like you but I m just not in a great mood.

Can you PLEASE, FUCK OFF WITH THIS NO RADAR DISCUSSION.

THAT SHIP HAS SAILED, NOONE CARES, YOU WANT NO RADAR, GREAT !!!!!!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT YOU WANNA KNOW SOMETHING 343 COULDN'T GIVE A FUCK.

WE DIDNT WANT SPRINT EITHER GUESS WHAT WERE STUCK WITH IT, SO CAN YOU PLEASE YOU FUCK OFF.

This is in no way relevant to this thread. Why the fuck are you discussing this when there is pro league tomorrow.

• Upvote (+1) 21
  • Downvote (-1) 46

Remember that not all players are Onyx+ competitive players and/or have a headset. If we're talking removing radar from HCS, that is a whole different story and there should definitely be more extensive testing.

However, most of us are Team Arena sweaties and to say that radar NEEDS to be removed from the base game will just further alienate the casual audience who are most likely to have "bad awareness". The game is incredibly balanced as it is and changing one thing will inevitably lead to a new list of complaints when the "no radar" honeymoon phase ends. Not to mention that the "filthy casuals" still make up the majority of players and are the ones buying REQ packs and putting money in 343's pocket to support this game.

Just bringing a different perspective to the topic.

Solution = Team Objective playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Usually, I wouldn't respond to people like you but I m just not in a great mood.

THAT SHIP HAS SAILED, NOONE CARES, YOU WANT NO RADAR, GREAT !!!!!!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE DIDNT WANT SPRINT EITHER GUESS WHAT WERE STUCK WITH IT, SO CAN YOU PLEASE YOU FUCK OFF.

This is in no way relevant to this thread. Why the fuck are you discussing this when there is pro league tomorrow.

Just want to point out that I'm currently in the SA-only camp for radar, but that could change the more I watch.

Also I'm going to have to upvote you for this post. Sorry.  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would neg rep but then that's what you want. :lxthul:

EDIT: Welp, beat to it.

The only way things get changed are if people decide to talk about it. Better that people talk about than not.

And this thread goes off topic too much anyway, at least this is about Halo and not COD.

This is in no way relevant to this thread. 

I can count the amount of times people have consistently posted on-topic things in a single page of any part of this thread with my fingers.

Also, I'm worried for your health. Go watch some old footage of the first HCS and relax.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

EG down 40-12 in slayer

Ninja: should I push?

Towey: it's not too late, we can still destroy the enemy core!

• Upvote (+1) 4

EU Halo is falling apart.

As some of you may know, there is a current glitch going about that is being dubbed "BT Glitch" where people who play under the ISP BT suffer West Coast levels of Ping while everyone else is on EU connection.

Hopefully something is done about it ASAP, otherwise me and my team refuse to play in Pro League tomorrow. It is not fair for anyone, especially when there is that much money/LAN Spots on the line.

This is an example of what it is like under the bug.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Remember that not all players are Onyx+ competitive players and/or have a headset. If we're talking removing radar from HCS, that is a whole different story and there should definitely be more extensive testing.

However, most of us are Team Arena sweaties and to say that radar NEEDS to be removed from the base game will just further alienate the casual audience who are most likely to have "bad awareness". The game is incredibly balanced as it is and changing one thing will inevitably lead to a new list of complaints when the "no radar" honeymoon phase ends. Not to mention that the "filthy casuals" still make up the majority of players and are the ones buying REQ packs and putting money in 343's pocket to support this game.

you mean the same casual audience that

A. aren't playing the game for various reasons (splitscreen comes to mind), so much so that bravo still wont release cold hard populations numbers?

B. primarily play warzone, you know, the MM made entirely for them to play if they aren't trying to sweat in arena?

C. when catered to gave us halo 4?

pray tell, who exactly is the team arena playlist for if it has to cater to casuals who are already catered to in warzone? 

you can't have an incredibly balanced halo game by catering to the lowest common denominator.

• Upvote (+1) 1

On the other hand. Why do these "kids" have bad awareness? Because of radar. If radar isn't in the game people have to rely on their own awareness and you don't get better if you don't work at it. If there is radar the casual audience isn't gonna get that awareness you develop when there is no radar.

• Upvote (+1) 3

EU Halo is falling apart.

As some of you may know, there is a current glitch going about that is being dubbed "BT Glitch" where people who play under the ISP BT suffer West Coast levels of Ping while everyone else is on EU connection.

PI-blog-brexit.gif

For real though that sucks :<

• Upvote (+1) 3

The push for no radar couldnt come at  a worse time could it? Pro League starts tomorrow. Any settings will be locked in until 2017.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

18 votes on this post and it's sitting at 0 as of now. I actually recoiled when I pressed the rep box.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The push for no radar couldnt come at a worse time could it? Pro League starts tomorrow. Any settings will be locked in until 2017.

It's not even that, it's that the pros are having a hard enough time fighting for good gametypes/weapons on map. Baby steps.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

A. aren't playing the game for various reasons (splitscreen comes to mind), so much so that bravo still wont release cold hard populations numbers?

B. primarily play warzone, you know, the MM made entirely for them to play if they aren't trying to sweat in arena?

pray tell, who exactly is the team arena playlist for if it has to cater to casuals who are already catered to in warzone? 

you can't have an incredibly balanced halo game by catering to the lowest common denominator.

Believe it or not, there are casual players who enjoy 4v4 play over getting farmed in pay-to-win WZ. Players that love the game, still hop on only to get  :poop: on daily because of lack of party restrictions and could give a f*** about pro Halo. Most casual players would tell you that H5 in general is catered to the comp audience, they are just heavily underrepresented on TB. 

And from 343's standpoint, would more people quit the game over keeping radar or removing radar? 

And before the hate piles in, let me end by saying that I enjoy following HCS, I play Team Arena exclusively, and I don't suck. Just looking out for the little guy. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Please don't blame halo 4 on casual halo fans. That game wasn't for them... It was for people who don't like Halo.

Secondly, it's not fair to call casual fans "the lowest common denominator". They are the most important factor in EVERY halo's success. They are the reason that their ever was an environment for Pro Halo to thrive.

The team Arena playlist SHOULD be for the casual halo player who wants a classic experience- The standard MM experience every single online halo title had up until now.

Players interested in the upper echelon of competition should have their own playlist. just like previous titles...

• Upvote (+1) 4