CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

No? I'm using my opinion as opinion (pretty clearly, too, saying 'I think' 3 different times).

The sentences I bolded are worded as if they are in fact. You pointing out your "thinks" don't apply to what I was referencing. You need to wiki what a straw man is bruh.

• Upvote (+1) 3

"What the hell am I supposed to do with this INSIDE a Covenant ship?"

- Romeo, 2552

Well there was a sniper on zealot. Kappa

• Upvote (+1) 1

Adrift TS was the most standoffish.

There was literally a 0-0 competitive Adrift TS game.

Slayer itself, by nature, turns to standoffs if the maps allow it because the win condition is to die less than your opponent.  So you just stop dying if you lose the lead until there's a window to get a pickoff or power weapon.

You're right that Radar is 100% irrelevant to that situation in Slayer.

Radar is still a bad mechanic for competitive play and should be removed.

Agreed. Every game has had its maps/gametypes that are prone to having standoffs, with or without radar (examples would be the pit, lockout, etc..) but radar does contribute to standoffs and also takes away the "sneaky-beaver" pushes we used to see, which punished teams for not watching certain pushes that other teams could make.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

H5: "I just raped this kid with plasma caster spam" "I killed him because I had a scatscattet and he had a pistol" "I killed this kid with a BR while he had a pistol" "carbine spam is op" "storm rifle beats AR and smg" "I just raped this kid with my smg" "I switched to my assault rifle faster so I won the close range battle"

Vs

H3:"I just out BRd that scrub"

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 13

Just like its always 5 oclock somewhere, there is always a radar/sprint argument on TB

both of them make me want to drink

• Upvote (+1) 2

A bit off topic, but I've been watching the Destiny event and it's just a HUGE shotty fest so far. People take potshots at each other across mid, and when a player makes it across the gap they immediately get shut down by shotty in the base. For all its faults, I'm glad that we have a decent weapons sandbox and that the maps, to a certain extent, promote engagements at a lot of different ranges. I'm surprised that Destiny has had such long legs, especially in PVP. There's parts of it that I like now, but I'm always amazed by its huge viewership.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The sentences I bolded are worded as if they are in fact. You pointing out your "thinks" don't apply to what I was referencing. You need to wiki what a straw man is bruh.

I need to see what a straw man is, yet you're the one arguing about whether or not what I said was a fact, and not about the topic. Again, I'm not even saying radar is good or we shouldn't try removing it. Just feel it's getting way more focus compared to other issues and pros don't seem as bothered by its presence as forum posters, but let's just move on.

Has anyone else been getting this rocket glitch where u get an extra rocket randomly or is it just me?

This happened against me yesterday I was so confused. The other team used all 4 rockets in the first minute and then had a 5th one before the second round of spawns

A bit off topic, but I've been watching the Destiny event and it's just a HUGE shotty fest so far. People take potshots at each other across mid, and when a player makes it across the gap they immediately get shut down by shotty in the base. For all its faults, I'm glad that we have a decent weapons sandbox and that the maps, to a certain extent, promote engagements at a lot of different ranges. I'm surprised that Destiny has had such long legs, especially in PVP. There's parts of it that I like now, but I'm always amazed by its huge viewership.

Destiny's big issue is fast movement speed combined with a slow primary TTK. Because of this, Secondary weapons (special) are the best choice because it's a faster TTK (One headshot, close shotgun shell) combined with an ability to close space quickly.

Back in year 1, when TTK of primaries was much faster (and reliable) Shotguns were still used a lot (Felwinters) but Primary engagements were much more common.

Also Destiny's radar is even a bigger problem so you have a constant feed of information promoting super aggressive play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

EU pro players are calling for a delay on the pro league starting. Too many EU pros having internet issues.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Shotguns in Destiny are the absolute worst. Little skill to them, everyone runs around with one out, it really ruins competitive play.

This reminds me of the Key and Peele skit LOL. Did he get flagged?

yes

15 yard personal foul enforced on the kickoff 

• Upvote (+1) 2

This reminds me of the Key and Peele skit LOL. Did he get flagged?

key-and-peele-touchdown-celebration-b.gi

if you watch the ref at the very end of the clip you can see him draw the flag

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know people feel watching a "one gun game" gets boring regarding either the pistol on H1 (when in reality there's a variety of weapons used) or BR's in H2/H3 but I'd much rather watch those style of games than the Eden game that Royal 2 posted. No offense to him, considering that he got a perfection but at what point does crouching with a shotgun become more enjoyable to watch than other versions of Halo?

I posted it in another thread regarding Radar. Halo CE has a lot more verticality than Halo 5. Shadowrun has a lot more movement options/abilities than Halo 5. Neither NEEDS radar. Halo 5 doesn't NEED radar either. Over time the game will evolve and players will pick up on patterns and be able to anticipate movements better.

Lethul said the game would be too hard without radar...

God forbid the game take more skill right?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Regret has the same problem as all slayers (8 second respawn), and getting top control is just insanely dominant. Collapsing on spawners is really, really easy on that map. Teams usually go on really big runs on that map.

There is also really big come backs on that map. I think it's fun to watch. But I guess we all have different opinions.

"What the hell am I supposed to do with this INSIDE a Covenant ship?"

- Romeo, 2552

:wutface:

Come on guys it'll be fun!  :lxthul:

I can't make up my mind if I think that would legit be a good idea, or an completely trash idea.... Lol