CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

There's being a personality, then there's being an assclown. Big difference.

+ Repped for Assclown.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Its his tricep... but i wish i was too  :kappa:

You can MOVE the fastest in Halo 5, but I would not call it the fastest game. Movement speed =/= game speed, warlock CTF would like a word with you, etc etc.

Can we also decide that Cratos is indeed a grade-A asshat now?  I know there were some people here defending him in the past but misrepresenting salary and shit to Suspector and Stellur and disrespecting the EU halo scene have solidified his douche status for me.

Hmm, Formula 1 cars move fast, but I wouldn't call them fast..... :thinking: Last I checked, movement correlates with game speed. 

I've been playing Halo since the very beginning and Halo 5 is a very fast game. Secondly, Warlock is a very small map. 

Sometimes I am confused if people watch Halo 5. 

This also cracked me up a lot:

qrjtwnE.png

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 12

Is there a reason we have an arbitrary 8 second respawn for every gametype? I just don't get why 343 literally changes every detail for no reason.

My guess is to give us something consistent -- there may have been feedback during testing that, "I don't like objective gametypes as much because I'm looking at respawn screen for twice as long." -- and so as a result, 343 just moved the spawn time for both closer toward its median.

Instead of Objectives being 10s and Slayer being 5s, like we've had forever, it's now 8s for both.  So we have consistency, and objectives don't have a subconscious feel of being less fun due to more time spent dead.

Hmm, Formula 1 cars move fast, but I wouldn't call them fast..... :thinking: Last I checked, movement correlates with game speed. 

I've been playing Halo since the very beginning and Halo 5 is a very fast game. Secondly, Warlock is a very small map. 

Yeah Warlock is a very small map but with the mechanics of Halo 2 it makes for a fast paced game. There is a difference in movement speed and how fast a game is played. Yeah you can sprint and thrust in h5 but the maps that are built around the mechanics in the older Halos make for a fast paced game without having to implement sprint etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has anyone else been getting this rocket glitch where u get an extra rocket randomly or is it just me?

Yeah Warlock is a very small map but with the mechanics of Halo 2 it makes for a fast paced game. There is a difference in movement speed and how fast a game is played. Yeah you can sprint and thrust in h5 but the maps that are built around the mechanics in the older Halos make for a fast paced game without having to implement sprint etc.

I know all about the old games - played the fuck out of them and followed MLG from the very beginning. Halo 5 is the fastest game - doesn't make the others super slow, but it is what it is. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Has anyone else been getting this rocket glitch where u get an extra rocket randomly or is it just me?

The same old lag one, where you fire a rocket right before you die and it goes off but doesn't use ammo? Or a different one?
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The same old lag one, where you fire a rocket right before you die and it goes off but doesn't use ammo? Or a different one?

Yea that one. Its always been in the game? I just noticed it like yesterday

Yea that one. Its always been in the game? I just noticed it like yesterday

That problem has been in Halo games forever.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The scene needs personalities. If every pro was a robot like Snakebite I probably wouldn't follow HCS as much.

Snakebite isn't a robot, he's just has a very rational out look on everything which can throw most people off. Not going to find many people his age on the internet that are as mature as him. Hell, sometimes I want to ask Snakebite, "C'mon, tell us how you really feel"?

Does that happen after firing a rocket that seemingly does 0 damage?

This also cracked me up a lot:

qrjtwnE.png

:wutface:

Racing is a bad analogy.  The goal of racing is to be fast period.  that is the objective.  The goal of Halo is NOT to be fast, its to score the objective until you win.  Speed is a tool you have to accomplish the objective, but it is obviously not the objective in and of itself.

I would say that both CE and Halo 2 were "faster" than Halo 5.  There is a reason why Midship and Warlock flag were played to 5 caps and in H5 all games are played to 3 caps even on relatively small maps like Fathom, for example.  It takes longer to accomplish the objective, which makes the game slower.

When pro's are running 8s with no radar, (because that is going to happen right? right???) i want to see them play slayer games with 5 second respawns and objective games with 10 too.

Edit:  I am not sure why you got all the negs either, it seems like a good argument to have no? even if we dont agree?

• Upvote (+1) 6

The biggest reason Slayer is more snowbally in Halo 5 than it has been in any other Halo is the fact that Respawn Timers in Slayer are 60% longer (8 seconds, from 5 seconds) than they have been in any other Slayer in any other Halo.

Well, I'll be damned. From all the games I've played and all the Halo I have watched, I didn't even notice. Thinking back on it now I'm unsure how never focused on the number of seconds these guys were in respawn.

Imo, what a shit deal. Tweak all the weapons you want, in H5 you can do a lot and move quickly in 3 seconds.

CE 2v2's get to 50 quicker than H5 4v4. CE is faster homie.

Which map? What settings? There are so many variables. I've seen some very fast H5 4v4s. 

Does that happen after firing a rocket that seemingly does 0 damage?

:wutface:

Racing is a bad analogy.  The goal of racing is to be fast period.  that is the objective.  The goal of Halo is NOT to be fast, its to score the objective until you win.  Speed is a tool you have to accomplish the objective, but it is obviously not the objective in and of itself.

I would say that both CE and Halo 2 were "faster" than Halo 5.  There is a reason why Midship and Warlock flag were played to 5 caps and in H5 all games are played to 3 caps even on relatively small maps like Fathom, for example.  It takes longer to accomplish the objective, which makes the game slower.

When pro's are running 8s with no radar, (because that is going to happen right? right???) i want to see them play slayer games with 5 second respawns and objective games with 10 too.

Edit:  I am not sure why you got all the negs either, it seems like a good argument to have no? even if we dont agree?

I wasn't making an analogy, but simply stating that more often than not, the speed of the movement correlates to the speed of the game. Just how Formula 1 is one of the fastest racing leagues there. 

In terms of negs: people downvote opinions they don't like instead of engaging in conversation.  

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Same here actually. I couldnt afford a xbox but my local hobby store/LAN center where i played in card tournaments, had PC's with Halo CE on them. Id play for hours and hours with my friends. Then they brought consoles up there and we all played H2 and H3 all the time. :)

Haloween lock ins were the best

Yeah dude. I was the first in my house hold to be Halo CE and I did it with a usb Playstation controller. Those were the days man. 

Yea, Royal 2's perfection showed me some super fast play.

Also, FFA would like a word with you.

It's definitely not the fastest game. However it's much faster than any other recent entry in the Franchise. How many TS games do we have go to time? How often are we in multiple minute deadlock standoffs?

H2A was a huge culprit of slow gameplay, so maybe it's clouding my judgement, but it's nice not having Slayers end at 10-9

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm convinced people don't watch Halo 5 at all if they think the game is slow paced.

Depends on the gametype and map

• Upvote (+1) 1

CE 2v2's get to 50 quicker than H5 4v4. CE is faster homie.

But what is the TTK in both games respectively? I have never taken time to look at that. TTK is what makes a game feel fast or slow in this conversation I think. I think overall map movement Halo 5 is faster but Matches in Halo CE seem to go faster but that could be TTK and map layout differences. IMO. Have we compared these things? 

Which map? What settings? There are so many variables. I've seen some very fast H5 4v4s.

I wasn't making an analogy, but simply stating that more often than not, the speed of the movement correlates to the speed of the game. Just how Formula 1 is one of the fastest racing leagues there.

In terms of negs: people downvote opinions they don't like instead of engaging in conversation.

Umm slayer? And what do you mean what settings? Obviously we are measuring the competitive settings since that's what the discussion is about. CE 2's go up to 50 lol try and do that with Halo 5 and see how long it takes. Now just imagine CE 4v4. Do you know how quickly most games end? If not just hop on YouTube you'll see pretty quickly.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

But what is the TTK in both games respectively? I have never taken time to look at that. TTK is what makes a game feel fast or slow in this conversation I think. I think overall map movement Halo 5 is faster but Matches in Halo CE seem to go faster but that could be TTK and map layout differences. IMO. Have we compared these things?

CE is so fast because of how predictable spawns are, how quick the TTK is and how it's possible to completely control power weapons without moving.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yes. And that's exactly the point. CE is fast because of the mechanics, TTK, spawns, and power weapons/ups.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

CE is so fast because of how predictable spawns are, how quick the TTK is and how it's possible to completely control power weapons without moving.

Completely control power weapons without moving? What?
  • Upvote (+1) 3