CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

been trying to come up with a top 4 for finals. Can't do it. I just can not imagine some of these great teams being left out..

would love to see top 8 again. need some upsets and miracle runs man.

Yeah, the finals format is desperately in need of a change.. especially when you have 2 team just sitting at home  

• Upvote (+1) 3

Talk about a 2-sided coin.  He claims to want to help grow the Halo community and starts creating content, but then turns around and IMO, buries EU Halo.  It may have been a joke, but it definitely doesn't help when something like that comes from a Pro League player.  I've seen quite a few other NA pros hype up EU matches, live tweet their own thoughts on the series, things of that nature.  That's what I want to see more of.

DOIRu5V.gif

*apparently Cratos' tweet didn't attach with the quote.  This isn't directed at Cyren.

I cant seem to find this tweet, could someone enlighten me as to what was said?

I cant seem to find this tweet, could someone enlighten me as to what was said?

I believe it was this tweet:

That he just replied "nah" to, but has deleted now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Beyond admins seem to have no interest in running such a tournament based on previous posts, I have no idea why that idea is thus still gaining so much traction lol. 

Oh so the Aug 25th roster lock meant absolutely nothing.. now I'm starting to understand 

:kappa:

@@CyReN @@Saucey have both said previously that they are going to run tournaments with whatever the current competitive settings are. Can't fault them as these tournaments are a player's possible chance at getting their name out there for pros/AMs/Organizations to notice them with their placings or play against other pros etc. Sucks that the settings are bad, but can't fault TB for that. However, there will be a function in TB's tournament hosting tool eventually that will allow community tournaments/individuals to host tournaments of their own accord. I expect when the tool goes live we'll be seeing some No Radar tournaments. Looking forward to it very much.

You just need a properly designed game which promotes aggressiveness and constant map movement. Halo 5 in its current state is not that game. Hate to sound like a broken record but Halo: CE is. Mainly because the fast spawning, powerful powerups act as quasi objectives. Halo 5 could implement that idea with no huge amount of effort from 343 btw.

Shame that 343 has a bit of a monopoly on competitive Halo at the moment. When Halo was grassroots and we could change the settings, legitimately playtest them and then implement them to make for better competitive settings the games were so much more fun to play.

I'm convinced people don't watch Halo 5 at all if they think the game is slow paced.

Wut? Halo 5 is the fastest game in the franchise.

The game certainly has the fastest movement, but it is by no means the fastest playing of the series. Halo: CE for sure had the fastest gameplay.

I believe it was this tweet:

That he just replied "nah" to, but has deleted now.

Thanks for the info.  Always good to see such positive vibes across the halo world :wutface:

Screw you man, you and your crazy European fans wanting to support the scene and stuff!

I'm joking for those that can't tell.

wpid-article-1307361371928-0c56ee7300000

Can't fault them as these tournaments are a player's possible chance at getting their name out there for pros/AMs/Organizations to notice them with their placings or play against other pros etc.

However, there will be a function in TB's tournament hosting tool eventually that will allow community tournaments/individuals to host tournaments of their own accord. I expect when the tool goes live we'll be seeing some No Radar tournaments. Looking forward to it very much.

The goal with our ASTRO Spartans tournaments are exactly what you just said. In the past there have been complaints from amateur players here on the forums that pros run in "packs" and have their own little circle, so it is harder for amateurs to break in and get better. Our events have provided an outlet for amateurs to make a name for themselves, and potentially be noticed. We have seen some really incredible "unknown" talent rise up in our 2v2 tournaments specifically that are not only giving pros a run for their money, but actually beating them. I am glad that we have been able to provide this opportunity for players who are hungry to prove themselves against the best players in the world. 

As far as our "Community Organizer" feature, it is currently in development and one of my top priorities. Once I feel that the new addition to our platform is in a state where it can be tested by the community (premium members more than likely at first, a "beta" perhaps), then it can be released for general use. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

i wish I was the guy on the right who's touching his bicep

Its his tricep... but i wish i was too  :kappa:

Wut? Halo 5 is the fastest game in the franchise.

You can MOVE the fastest in Halo 5, but I would not call it the fastest game. Movement speed =/= game speed, warlock CTF would like a word with you, etc etc.

Can we also decide that Cratos is indeed a grade-A asshat now?  I know there were some people here defending him in the past but misrepresenting salary and shit to Suspector and Stellur and disrespecting the EU halo scene have solidified his douche status for me.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That couple of weeks where we liked Cratos was fun. Resume normal programming.

I never liked him.
  • Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If you couldn't tell Cratos isn't the brightest from the way he posted, shit he talked, and tweets he sent before all this happened, then I dunno, this is all consistent. Not expecting every Halo player to be an intellectual, they're just regular dudes who are really good at a game (and this is why Snakebite sounds so much smarter and more level headed than most players--that normal base level of maturity really stands out!), but his actions aren't just 'trolling', he believes all this trash talk and nonsense about being the best. 

I guess that could seem a little personal given that they communicate with us more than a pro athlete would, and we should be glad to have high-skilled people involved in the scene, etc, but you can (and people do) criticize an athlete who constantly runs his mouth and makes weird public claims.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys just need to wait to hear Cratos' side of the story. I've known Carlos my whole life and he would never say anything that would be intended in a negative manner. This is all just a big misunderstanding.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I guess that could seem a little personal given that they communicate with us more than a pro athlete would, and we should be glad to have high-skilled people involved in the scene, etc, but you can (and people do) criticize an athlete who constantly runs his mouth and makes weird public claims.

Would we miss it if Cratos stops communicating with us because we call him out on his stupid shit? I wouldn't. None of his communication with us is very substantive anyway.

If someone like Snakebite (to use your example) stopped posting or interacting with their twitch or whatever it would be a travesty, but cratos? meh

Would we miss it if Cratos stops communicating with us because we call him out on his stupid shit? I wouldn't. None of his communication with us is very substantive anyway.

If someone like Snakebite (to use your example) stopped posting or interacting with their twitch or whatever it would be a travesty, but cratos? meh

The scene needs personalities. If every pro was a robot like Snakebite I probably wouldn't follow HCS as much.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 12

So I guess the question is did Cratos delete it because it was meant as a joke and the joke backfired? Or did someone from 343/The HCS team tell him to delete it? (isn't there a rule about being fined for that kind of thing).

Speculate away everyone.

Yeah, I get personalities for entertainment value, but there are plenty of others who aren't shitheads about it. Ninja's probably the most outgoing, zany and fun player while remaining plenty nice, respectful...and coherent.

My guess: Cratos probably genuinely meant that 'nah' tweet, and deleted it before he got shit

Another thing I noticed last night when Snipedown was being interviewed yesterday for UGC, they mentioned how unlike any other Halo there are a lot more lopsided games. 0-100 strongholds, in NV v. CLG, each team was steaked 2 times in the series which didn't happen to top teams in past Halos.

My guess is outside of weapon balance and game meta, radar plays a big role in that as well. With the power weapons its easy to snowball a game. With say, radar and a scatter or shotty or auto, you can secure said power weapons.

Fellow beyond members, I have spent a lot of time thinking of ways to being back our lord and savior @@LethuL  and after much time and thought I have come up with only one rational solution. 

We must begin sacrificing beyond members in an effort to resurrect our lord and savior.

First, we must decide our method of sacrifice

Then, we will have to decide whom it is that we will be offering up first

And finally, we shall repeat until our lord and savior is resurrected

Godspeed and heil :lxthul: / 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Fellow beyond members, I have spent a lot of time thinking of ways to being back our lord and savior @@LethuL and after much time and thought I have come up with only one rational solution.

We must begin sacrificing beyond members in an effort to resurrect our lord and savior.

First, we must decide our method of sacrifice

Then, we will have to decide whom it is that we will be offering up first

And finally, we shall repeat until our lord and savior is resurrected

Godspeed and heil :lxthul: /

Shotgun not me. Where's Cooper? :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3