CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think we should create a gofundme account for Commonly and help him protect his family.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hey everyone in this discussion. My name is Oscar and I' ve been lurking on this forum for quite some time. I‘ ve been an EG fan since the beginning of MCC and follow the scene closely although it being a bit difficult living in the Netherlands with the pro league matches being played late at night/early in the morning

First I want to give some major props to the people who create content and get a positive vibe around Halo.

But back to business, I write my first post because I signed up for this Halo Fantasy league. I looked around for a bit but apparently you have to sign up for leagues or get in touch with people to play with. Are there people here that play in the Fantasy league that I can play with and can explain to me how it works it’s all a bit new to me.

Thanks in advance!

Hmmm..

EG fan just like me..

Dutch just like me..

Having a hard time watching pro league matches just like me..

Alright, PM me and I'll show you some tips and tricks to do well in the Fantasy HCS. (Placed 2nd at the end of season 1) :)

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think we should create a gofundme account for Commonly and help him protect his family.

I support this cause. I also support the cause of giving you +1 rep. I know that low feeling.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I wish Lethul would come back.

Co1lq_fUIAEGN5O.jpg

i wish I was the guy on the right who's touching his bicep
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Nothing against Randa here, I respect his opinion, but this is only one opinion and shouldn't be the end-all-be-all on the discussion. Pros need to run no-radar 8s for more feedback, also a no radar 4v4 tournament hosted by Beyond is a great idea to get more people talking about it.

No one is going to want to play a settings that are the drastically different from the pro league settings though, especially since it wont benefit them, yet it will most likely hinder their performance by getting used to the play style and the tendencies of no radar. What you should do is push for them to also test no radar when they do their pro summits during the off season.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I support this cause. I also support the cause of giving you +1 rep. I know that low feeling.

Thanks man. i need all the reps i can get. Help a halo player out guys!

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You just need a properly designed game which promotes aggressiveness and constant map movement. Halo 5 in its current state is not that game. Hate to sound like a broken record but Halo: CE is. Mainly because the fast spawning, powerful powerups act as quasi objectives. Halo 5 could implement that idea with no huge amount of effort from 343 btw.

This is literally the opposite of how h5 slayer is played. It's all about constantly collapsing and rotating. You see less teams "set up" than ever in the halo series.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks man. i need all the reps i can get. Help a halo player out guys!

same

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey man! You do have to make an account, but once you do you can join any league that is open (doesn't have a little lock symbol next to the league name). You can also feel free to create your own league and have other people join. I saw a Team Beyond - titled league up, and I'll be posting my own open league tomorrow. You can join more than one if you'd like! For more about how everything works, a new introductory article just got posted on the site: http://fantasyhcs.com/news/viewarticle.php?articleid=37

Season 2 Hype! Can't wait to watch some HCS again!

Yeah I cant wait for season two.  Unfortunately I missed out on Fantasy HCS last season but have already created an EU league if anyone wants to join.

Also A few EU scrim results from last night

Fabe 11 - 1 Xmen

Fabe 3 - 2 Vibe

Prophecy (new dinos name?) 2 - 2 Unwanted ones (AM team with Warlord and doodle (ex infused))

There were more games i think but i couldnt stay online to watch and cant find the results anywhere at the moment.  Overall though Fabe looking pretty dominant.  Some of the Fabe/vibe games were really good but were unfortunately blighted by server issues.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey man! You do have to make an account, but once you do you can join any league that is open (doesn't have a little lock symbol next to the league name). You can also feel free to create your own league and have other people join. I saw a Team Beyond - titled league up, and I'll be posting my own open league tomorrow. You can join more than one if you'd like! For more about how everything works, a new introductory article just got posted on the site: http://fantasyhcs.com/news/viewarticle.php?articleid=37

Huke almost outscored aPG just from CTF alone....

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks for the reply!

I'm singed up and have joined some leagues so see y'all also in the fantasy league!

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can't believe how fast Team Beyond memes explode. Soon after @@Commonly being "The Problem" it was all over twitch chats and gamertags. Now, less than 12 hours after E6 can find my family, it's all over twitch chats and gamertags. Never change, Beyond. :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

nV beat ALG 13-1 last night. Not sure about any other scrims though. nV looks solid. 

Thats the second time they have beat them 13-1. But Contra and Devon are LAN players  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

You just need a properly designed game which promotes aggressiveness and constant map movement. Halo 5 in its current state is not that game. Hate to sound like a broken record but Halo: CE is. Mainly because the fast spawning, powerful powerups act as quasi objectives. Halo 5 could implement that idea with no huge amount of effort from 343 btw.

Wut? Halo 5 is the fastest game in the franchise.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 12

Wut? Halo 5 is the fastest game in the franchise.

I disagree although I'm sure h5 could have the fastest gameplay. Remember Warlord slayer? It was a damn fast gametype without any thrusters sprint or all of those things. The map and mechanics are well balanced that make for fast gameplay. H5 with radar rewards players for sitting in corners and scanning the radar to see if anyone comes nearby. That doesn't encourage a fast playstyle imo

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I can't believe how fast Team Beyond memes explode. Soon after @@Commonly being "The Problem" it was all over twitch chats and gamertags. Now, less than 12 hours after E6 can find my family, it's all over twitch chats and gamertags. Never change, Beyond. :simms:

I was having a conversation about this the other day, someone mentioned to me that as soon as a "meme" or a Pro posts some problems with their org, it's spreads everywhere in 10 minutes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Talk about a 2-sided coin.  He claims to want to help grow the Halo community and starts creating content, but then turns around and IMO, buries EU Halo.  It may have been a joke, but it definitely doesn't help when something like that comes from a Pro League player.  I've seen quite a few other NA pros hype up EU matches, live tweet their own thoughts on the series, things of that nature.  That's what I want to see more of.

DOIRu5V.gif

*apparently Cratos' tweet didn't attach with the quote.  This isn't directed at Cyren.

• Upvote (+1) 2