CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

On a side note, if anyone has ever had the ambition to start an agency to represent players for contract negotiations with the orgs, now is the time.

I tried to get a few of the players on board to this idea in early 2016. I thought I could do it to. It really didn't take off at all. Perhaps it was timing or, maybe, the players just aren't overly interested in the idea.

• Upvote (+1) 4

In LoL, where these anti-poaching rules exist, the end date for each player contract is also required to be public knowledge.  Players and Orgs can talk freely to a player after his contract expires and before he has renewed it.  Likewise, players whose contracts have expired are usually free to shop around for better offers.

That sounds mutually beneficial. I assume then that there are also rules about talking to players before their contract expires?

That sounds mutually beneficial. I assume then that there are also rules about talking to players before their contract expires?

Right.  If a member of an org (player, manager, whatever) talks directly to a player of another org without first obtaining permission from the management/ownership of the org to which that player is signed, it is considered Poaching, and the culprits guilty of the poaching are fined, and sometimes given temporary bans from competitive play.

tried it in the beginning and before regionals, it was so easy to stay alive and break set ups, could literally flank out every time for free. everything was pretty chaotic and unorganized because of people moving so fast with no radar and all the levels on the map.

Nothing against Randa here, I respect his opinion, but this is only one opinion and shouldn't be the end-all-be-all on the discussion. Pros need to run no-radar 8s for more feedback, also a no radar 4v4 tournament hosted by Beyond is a great idea to get more people talking about it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Well this is just for the first few weeks of pro league. A team wouldn't be able to do this after week 4 unless the player just said ok ill retire. The real roster lock is the in-season change.

Oh so the Aug 25th roster lock meant absolutely nothing.. now I'm starting to understand 

:kappa:

Beyond admins seem to have no interest in running such a tournament based on previous posts, I have no idea why that idea is thus still gaining so much traction lol. 

Right.  If a member of an org (player, manager, whatever) talks directly to a player of another org without first obtaining permission from the management/ownership of the org to which that player is signed, it is considered Poaching, and the culprits guilty of the poaching are fined, and sometimes given temporary bans from competitive play.

Hm. I do not like the "permission" aspect of that rule. I think being required to inform the Org the talks are occurring and possibly the contents of all dialogue would suffice. It seems as if being required to ask for permission, and then for it to be denied, would only increase the likelihood of poaching occurring. Are the Orgs required to let players know by when and by whom they have been contacted by asking for permission?

I tried to get a few of the players on board to this idea in early 2016. I thought I could do it to. It really didn't take off at all. Perhaps it was timing or, maybe, the players just aren't overly interested in the idea.

First of all, there really isn't enough money in Halo for something like this. Second of all, you don't know that those two things are the issues at hand. What qualifications do you present that would give a player cause to allow you power to negotiate his terms? How do you present yourself? Is there even a market for such work at this point (absolutely not)?

• Downvote (-1) 4

First of all, there really isn't enough money in Halo for something like this. Second of all, you don't know that those two things are the issues at hand. What qualifications do you present that would give a player cause to allow you power to negotiate his terms? How do you present yourself? Is there even a market for such work at this point (absolutely not)?

100% True. Perhaps it was that they didn't want to do it through/with me, either. 

Oh so the Aug 25th roster lock meant absolutely nothing.. now I'm starting to understand 

:kappa:

Well it still means something as you can only make one change during the season, unless a player on your roster decides to retire for the season ala Naded.

100% True. Perhaps it was that they didn't want to do it through/with me, either. 

I'm glad you took my post well! I figured it may come off a bit rude.

I don't think or know that that's the case. I just think there are a lot of factors at play, the most important being that Halo Pros aren't really even in a position to need or afford an agent.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dave's a fucking legend, man.

^this

also, if y'all really want a no radar tournament how bout a crowdfunded tourney to see it goes down and anyone is interested

• Upvote (+1) 2

So has anyone figured out if ESL is actually gonna weigh in on this Stellur vs E6 situation? Or have they already and I just missed it?

If they do something it'll be hush, with E6 making an announcement saying the org has parted ways with Stellur, or we see him for game week one.

Dave's a fucking legend, man.

I appreciate the compliment! High praise, indeed, from you. In fact, I've always wanted to be able to break down the game as well as you do.

I honestly don't think Radar is that bad. It wouldn't be nearly as hated on as it is if there was fewer automatics/nerfed autos.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm glad you took my post well! I figured it may come off a bit rude.

I don't think or know that that's the case. I just think there are a lot of factors at play, the most important being that Halo Pros aren't really even in a position to need or afford an agent.

Not my style to take it any other way. You were/are correct.

Of course, I wouldn't have been looking to make money from the venture - just help out, if needed. But, yes, lots of factors at play that are not always in the forefront of the conversation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So has anyone figured out if ESL is actually gonna weigh in on this Stellur vs E6 situation? Or have they already and I just missed it?

Nope, we don't know if they're allowing E6 to sub out Stellur for this and next week, vetoes are in 8 minutes, and both us and CLG don't know what E6's roster is.

Edit: And as I post that, @@Vivi literally informs us that CLG/E6 and E6/TL vetoes are temporarily postponed.  So, apparently pitchforks can be put away for now.

• Upvote (+1) 5