CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

E6 has every right to request for a substitute for the first 2 weeks of the pro league, but it'll be up to ESL to approve or deny it.

One's individual opinions/moral agenda does in no way constitute as "breaking the rules". As long as E6 is following the proper procedures, then they should be free from punishment

Edit: Pro League rules- http://gfx.esl.eu/gfx/media/play/halo/HCSProLeague/ProLeagueRules-Fall2016.pdf

Oh I understand the rules, I just fail to see the significance of having a roster lock deadline when any team can just drop a player and play with a "sub" until a transfer period permits them to make a legitimate team change.   

• Upvote (+1) 2

What could be cool is this; next HWC have a day after finals where there are a bunch of show matches between teams with no radar, streamed. Let the general public see what it would look like, and let the pros get a good understanding of if it works or not. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Long post

Definitely reaffirmes my support for Stellur more than it already was. How E6 has handled it is poor imo.

Let B go, learn from your mistake and make sure the pros agree on the contract before roster lock.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh I understand the rules, I just fail to see the significance of having a roster lock deadline when any team can just drop a player and play with a "sub" until a transfer period permits them to make a legitimate team change.

You have to slow down man:

"Any team or roster announcements made prior to ESL approval for the new roster are not considered official or final until final the roster is confirmed by ESL."

So Stellur hasn't officially been dropped until it's recognized by ESL. And we don't know yet if they've been permitted to use a sub. They have to show that they have an emergency with Stellur. You need to save your outrage until after we see what ESL does.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So in case you didn't see my post on the other page this season of FantasyHCS is now live

go sign up if you want to be a part of this season

we added password protected leagues so please feel free to take advantage of that and play with your friends ( :cash: ) 

http://www.fantasyhcs.com/leagues/  :fire:

--------------

that snakebite vod was really interesting, worth a watch for sure

• Upvote (+1) 6

With all this life changing money, can E6 hire a PR guy all ready? They could have taken the high road and taken minimal damage, even just with a short public apology that things didn't work out. Instead they look like monkeys with twitter accounts surrouded by sacks of $100 dollar bills.

200_s.gif

RIP my family

• Upvote (+1) 5

ESL will permit the sub. See that Stellur is still a free man and will be granted amnesty from the police state that is E6.

Hopefully Ayden doesn't run into any hostility considering he at first also refused to sign it but felt it was in his best interest that he did. Imo I can see it not working out and him not being "family" material but fingers are crossed for you bud!

• Upvote (+1) 1

So in case you didn't see my post on the other page this season of FantasyHCS is now live

go sign up if you want to be a part of this season

we added password protected leagues so please feel free to take advantage of that and play with your friends ( :cash: )

http://www.fantasyhcs.com/leagues/ :fire:

--------------

that snakebite vod was really interesting, worth a watch for sure

Will you guys ever implement some sort of drafting system? I think it'd make FantasyHCS a lot more fun and interesting, as opposed to the current "pick the best slayer of the top 4 teams" system. I don't know if you're familiar with TLN's old fantasy system, but each user would rank all the players according to how much they'd like the player to be on their fantasy team, and then an algorithm allocated players to each user's team based on their rankings, luck, and the demand/availability of each player. So each user gets a balanced (and more realistic) team of high scorers and lower scorers. Something like that might be a good starting point.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

ESL will be ruling on this soon apparently so we should know at some point in the near future. It will be interesting to see how they decide to handle this as clearly Stellur is capable of playing and E6 knowingly put him in their roster with no contract signed.

Two players bring Snakebite to a call since he has a good head on his shoulders

Even to the other pros he is Dadbite

You think @@SnakeBite would be upset if I start calling him Daddy?

I know this is a fucked up situation and I feel really bad for Stellur and Suspector. But God I love the fact there is an undisputed team everyone hates now. I've been sitting here for 10 minutes trying to come up with a sports analogy, but there really isn't one. Maybe when A-rod joined the Yankees. Everyone hated him and them.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Will you guys ever implement some sort of drafting system? I think it'd make FantasyHCS a lot more fun and interesting, as opposed to the current "pick the best slayer of the top 4 teams" system. 

i think we will for sure, a lot of people have been asking for it so the demand is definitely there. 

we also want to have a draft king style system as well (where you have a salary cap and each player is worth a certain amount of $)

I don't know if you're familiar with TLN's old fantasy system, but each user would rank all the players according to how much they'd like the player to be on their fantasy team, and then an algorithm allocated players to each user's team based on their rankings, luck, and the demand/availability of each player. Something like that might be a good starting point.

that is pretty wild, didn't know that

• Upvote (+1) 1

i think we will for sure, a lot of people have been asking for it so the demand is definitely there. 

we also want to have a draft king style system as well (where you have a salary cap and each player is worth a certain amount of $)

I was just about to say....You should make it similar to DraftKings and FanDuel. I would love to throw down HCS fantasy cash.

• Upvote (+1) 1

that is pretty wild, didn't know that

IMO a simple ranking of players based on last season performance and then allow a snake draft style would improve it a lot.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You have to slow down man:

"Any team or roster announcements made prior to ESL approval for the new roster are not considered official or final until final the roster is confirmed by ESL."

So Stellur hasn't officially been dropped until it's recognized by ESL. And we don't know yet if they've been permitted to use a sub. They have to show that they have an emergency with Stellur. You need to save your outrage until after we see what ESL does.

The emergency being E6's piss poor player management and their own incompetence correct?  :lxthul:

ESL will permit the sub. See that Stellur is still a free man and will be granted amnesty from the police state that is E6.

Hopefully Ayden doesn't run into any hostility considering he at first also refused to sign it but felt it was in his best interest that he did. Imo I can see it not working out and him not being "family" material but fingers are crossed for you bud!

Stellur definitely deserves it

Yeah props to Ayden for sticking through an ugly situation. Personally, I would definitely be looking to leave first chance I get,  hopefully he finds a good team at the transfer period.. 

I enjoyed Snakebite's point about people who make the "back in my day" posts regarding what players expect to be paid for. Times change and the expectations change with it, how is that a hard concept. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Honestly, it's fucking weird 

Sorry I dont have a father figure in my life so I look to a Halo pro for guidance

• Upvote (+1) 2