CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

They need to figure in some objective to encourage map movement while racking up kills. Like give a team points only for kills made while in control of a nuetral object.

Reset the object after 45 seconds so a team can't just hole up with it and wait for kills to come to them.

Yes, more objective game types would be better but the problem isn't just coming up with new game types, it's also having the maps to play them on competitively

I dislike how 343 has put just about every powerup in a neutral position instead of positions you can control. The old Eden sh with OS by red nest was one of the best gametypes imo. It wasn't just an 8 man dog pile at bottom mid every 2 minutes. If you controlled red nest you could control OS. Same with camo on old Plaza.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yes, more objective game types would be better but the problem isn't just coming up with new game types, it's also having the maps to play them on competitively

I think that the Empire CTF with closed up windows had potential. With maybe 5 caps to win

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Dadbite dropping some knowledge in his stream right now about the E6 shenana-doucha-gins

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is fantasy HCS a thing again for this season? I wanna get in on that

you can sign up for this season now, going to announce it shortly :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Accidental neg rep. I'll go find two of your posts and upvote them

@@808heartbreaks. Im on my tablet and its hard to use the forums on here

its ok i still like you

edit : can someone post some of that intel snakebite is dropping on stream for us at work not trying to work

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well, that's a problem too, but I'm specifically talking about an issue with slayer on any map. It can always devolve into a snow ball, or stalemate due to its inherent characteristics.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If E6 does drop Stellur and pick someone else up, I hope there is some sort of punishment for them making a team change after the roster lock deadline. Instead of getting away with this BS excuse they plan on using which is "benching" Stellur until the transfer period and playing with a "sub" until then.

How can E6 be punished if they haven't broken any of the official rules yet?

Details plz?

HOnestly, too much stuff to try to explain here without getting a significant portion of it wrong.  watch his rebroadcast:

https://www.twitch.tv/snakebite/v/88989343?t=9m00s

Edit: updated link

Edit 2: for some reason the link doesn't seem to be retaining the timestamp so start at 9 minutes.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm curious if all this drama gets mentioned in Pro League stream. Has me excited for E6 matches personally.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So what you're saying is replace slayer with breakout? Snakebite would like to have a word with you.

I hope this was sarcasm. If it was I'll find two of your other posts and turn the -1 into a +1.

How can E6 be punished if they haven't broken any of the official rules yet?

Well they haven't "yet" but, they will be when they decide to "bench" stellur who is perfectly able to play and start playing with a "sub" for the duration of the season leading up to the transfer period. Which imo would be breaking the rules by essentially making a roster change after the roster lock date.. and trying to justify it through complete and utter BS

What is up with people calling other people Dad?

is that a mirco-aggression against people with more than one dad?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Well they haven't "yet" but, they will be when they decide to "bench" stellur who is perfectly able to play and playing with a "sub" for the duration of the season leading up to the transfer period. Which imo would be breaking the rules by essentially making a roster change after the roster lock date.. and trying to justify it through complete and utter BS

Is everyone forgetting that Stellur hasn't even signed the contract to be on E6? Also there is the conflicting truths of whether or not E6 even bought out his contract from TL.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is everyone forgetting that Stellur hasn't even signed the contract to be on E6? Also there is the conflicting truths of whether or not E6 even bought out his contract from TL.

But then it would still be making a roster move after roster lock.. unless E6 is not a pro team because they failed to put together a full roster before the roster lock? :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well they haven't "yet" but, they will be when they decide to "bench" stellur who is perfectly able to play and start playing with a "sub" for the duration of the season leading up to the transfer period. Which imo would be breaking the rules by essentially making a roster change after the roster lock date.. and trying to justify it through complete and utter BS

E6 has every right to request for a substitute for the first 2 weeks of the pro league, but it'll be up to ESL to approve or deny it.

One's individual opinions/moral agenda does in no way constitute as "breaking the rules". As long as E6 is following the proper procedures, then they should be free from punishment

Edit: Pro League rules- http://gfx.esl.eu/gfx/media/play/halo/HCSProLeague/ProLeagueRules-Fall2016.pdf

Hell, no radar might not even fix the issue, but we should at least test it out in a few scrims or something. If the Pro players are willing to do that, 343 should at least be willing to listen.

Josh Holmes (I think it was him at least, I'm struggling to remember exactly) was saying this exact thing a few days ago. Pros should run some scrims with no radar and use the evidence that provides to make a stronger case for or against keeping radar in the HCS. As it stands even among pro players there are mixed opinions on the subject, so testing it is really the only way to change any minds.

Probably won't happen with Season 2 kicking off though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

But then it would still be making a roster move after roster lock.. unless E6 is not a pro team because they failed to put together a full roster before the roster lock? :intensifies:

Until E6 actually tries to play someone other than Stellur, you can't say that they've broken any rules.

As of right now, they have a plan to replace him when roster lock is over, and are exploring options for getting a "sub" until then. Whether or not ESL will heed their sub request is a still up in the air. Stellur seems to think that they'll have to play with him, so we'll see.

Josh Holmes (I think it was him at least, I'm struggling to remember exactly) was saying this exact thing a few days ago. Pros should run some scrims with no radar and use the evidence that provides to make a stronger case for or against keeping radar in the HCS. As it stands even among pro players there are mixed opinions on the subject, so testing it is really the only way to change any minds.

Probably won't happen with Season 2 kicking off though.

Its called resistance to change. Some people have made a lot of money with this settings and have no reason to change them. If we had no Radar Slayer wouldnt be an issue, since you could break setups easily, this H5 maps have lots of routes. 

Some thoughts:

First of all, thank you @@Royal2  for the content, please continue to upload.

Unfortunately that video made me etch close to the No Radar camp here. In the past I've said that in the early, early Halo 2 days we played things like Zanzibar 1 flag and KOTH with radar. At the time however we didn't really have a grasp on what was competitive, or competitive settings at all. In 2005, skillful montages included generic doubles and single sticks lol.

It's now been over a decade. Camping with a shotgun for over a minute is not 2016's definition of Halo skill. I'll bet you dollars to donuts casters would have switched off Royal 2's POV at a tournament because that's not fun to stare at. If ESL/HCS can use MLG's photos why can't they use their experience as well? If you want to make a Pro League than settings and gametypes shouldn't rely on BROAD "focus groups and data", it should rely on Pro player input and 10 years of competitive history. The way 343 is doing the changes makes no sense. We spend so much time reverting terrible changes because they're not asking the right people what needs to be changed from the start, and just shoving shit in without it being tested by the people who PLAY IN THE PRO LEAGUE. What I don't understand is that you're willing to cater to the competitive community and take DLC maps and assault out of your "premiere" 4v4 playlist (something I'm sure a TON of casuals were A-OK with). It's like you're half-assing your commitment or something.

When you have someone who went to your summit meeting (correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure @@Rayne went?), so annoyed he lashes out on Twitter publicly and your response is " <3.", that's a joke. It really is. Clearly your summit failed. Unless the topic there had nothing to do with competitive settings.

Listen, all I'm saying is it seems like while trying to appease both parties in this game we've somewhat lost skillfulness in competitive settings, and that's something we should strive harder for in the Pro League. Hell, no radar might not even fix the issue, but we should at least test it out in a few scrims or something. If the Pro players are willing to do that, 343 should at least be willing to listen.

PS. Post was inspired by this tweet:

:lxthul: 

100%

Royal2 played a beautiful game there.  Perfect gameplay.... and it was boring as hell to watch (no offense @@Royal2, you're still the tits).

I do think that the "No radar in competitive" argument should take a seat for a bit, only because the pro league is about to start and I honestly don't think its fair to the pro players to change the rules at this point, unless a major majority want it that way.  I am pretty sure that in a vacuum most pro's would say that radar has got to go, but.... they have been practicing with it for a long time and money is about to be on the line again so I 100% understand their reticence in removing it at this point.

But next season....

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1