CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Snip

While I don't think that was Stellur's issue, according to both his and Cratos reply, the 2.5k was an official offer from the owner.

Cratos told Ayden 3k, then said it'd be 2.5k after taxes. Stellur then gets an official offer of 2.5k(before taxes) from the owner. Then gets a new offer of 1.5k.

The taxes weren't the issue. Cratos oversold it. E6 owner messed up. Stellur felt like his time(and opportunity) was wasted when he got 3 different numbers and could have stayed with Eco on TL.

• Upvote (+1) 7

snip

I wouldn't have a problem if slayer was removed from competitive play entirely at all.  I know a lot of people would, but i find it dull to watch.

Calling all stat nerds!!  Can we get a stat on what percentage of games the first team to go up by 20% of the "score-to-win" ends up losing?  So how often a team that is up by 1 flag cap, 20 points in strongholds or 10 kills in slayer at one point ends up losing, and break it down by gametype?

• Upvote (+1) 3

If E6 does drop Stellur and pick someone else up, I hope there is some sort of punishment for them making a team change after the roster lock deadline. Instead of getting away with this BS excuse they plan on using which is "benching" Stellur until the transfer period and playing with a "sub" until then. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Regarding poaching, since Stellur was still under a Liquid contract when he got the offer from Cratos(and Suspector), isn't that poaching?

I would assume that he was given permission from Liquid to negotiate with other teams after they decided to change their roster and acquire Hamy/Penguin for the league spot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would assume that he was given permission from Liquid to negotiate with other teams after they decided to change their roster and acquire Hamy/Penguin for the league spot.

I feel like the Liquid situation was an outlier. TL stuck with Spartan so the other players were probably free to do what they wanted, and Stellur wasn't with E6 until after this was obviously happening.

What if Dedo and MrAdamP and all the others speaking out for E6 are just trying to keep their families safe?  :thinking: 

Do you think they found them?

I wouldn't have a problem if slayer was removed from competitive play entirely at all. I know a lot of people would, but i find it dull to watch.

Calling all stat nerds!! Can we get a stat on what percentage of games the first team to go up by 20% of the "score-to-win" ends up losing? So how often a team that is up by 1 flag cap, 20 points in strongholds or 10 kills in slayer at one point ends up losing, and break it down by gametype?

They need to figure in some objective to encourage map movement while racking up kills. Like give a team points only for kills made while in control of a nuetral object.

Reset the object after 45 seconds so a team can't just hole up with it and wait for kills to come to them.

Am I the only one that enjoys watching all game types? (except breakout of course)

Sometimes slayer is exciting, but more often that not its a boring stalemate or a boring snowball. I'd like some way to keep players moving AND make comebacks more of a thing.

Strongholds is amazing because of this. Strongholds is even exciting when it appears to be a blowout, because you know a comeback can be started at any moment AND because teams can't just hole up with a lead.

Edit: I think better maps and setting could help the issue, but i think it's inherent in a death match gametype.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Moses_FPS

I was sent a link to that social media bible thing you made earlier. Holy shit, good job. Most valuable thing I've ever been linked.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Am I the only one that enjoys watching all game types? (except breakout of course)

Gametypes are fine.

Its the maps and settings that suck

I wish more maps had more power weapons/items which I feel would help slightly with slayer not promoting movement. Would like to see them on faster timers too. Camo + OS on maps usually promote some good movement.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

@@Moses_FPS

I was sent a link to that social media bible thing you made earlier. Holy shit, good job. Most valuable thing I've ever been linked.

thanks dude, i appreciate the kind words  :)

i figured it would be a good way to connect the community a little more 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone else miss the h3 custom where if you were weak you'd burn it?

I prefer getting the extra charge time if I was weak, the good old CE LONG CHARGE. I generally dislike how power ups are burned in H3 and H5.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone else miss the h3 custom where if you were weak you'd burn it?

That was nice but if that was the same for Halo 5 literally every custom would be burned lol

I prefer getting the extra charge time if I was weak, the good old CE LONG CHARGE. I generally dislike how power ups are burned in H3 and H5.

I like the h3 one more than h5 cuz people wouldn't just blindly run at it, get one shot and then get a full os. Maybe it's just me

Would you rather....

Have these new map settings?

OR

Have the original map settings + Breakout back in?

By original map settings do you mean HWC settings or coli sh and empire ctf original  :kappa:

But forreal I'd take stasis over Empire sh with storm rifles any day and I fucking hate stasis

• Downvote (-1) 1