CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Damn, GunRanger.  I remember you from wayyyyyyyyy back in the day.

Is ninja the only pro who uses a custom sens?

hqdefault.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

LG beat them in a beyond tourney which mattered a lot more than scrims.

EG spends too much time trying to defend a half capped stronghold, than trying to just cap the undefended one

LMAO that tourney took place 1 week after they formed, a lot has changed since then... The League starts in a few days, i bet they get smoked proving that tourney meant nothing 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I work nights so I was sleeping through all this.  Can someone ELI5 the whole situation?

e6 did something questionable and the beyond beehive is losing its shit

• Downvote (-1) 4

You're kinda being a dick.

To be fair that was kind of the point. I touched on the forums main bones of contention with E6 (logo, spelling, private jet).

Probably could have used an emote or meme in there somewhere. Apologies.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why would Huke and Snipedown have anything to say about E6 shading players? Snipedown shaded E6 by poaching their player. E6 would have had every right to make that transfer difficult.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 8

eSports really does attract some shady characters. No reason Stellur would invent the owner saying that about his family, and you're in complete denial if you think it wasn't a veiled threat. Even veiled threats like that still speak volumes about someones character. e6 = shady af.

• Upvote (+1) 3

17n5S84.png

rip if old but I noticed this a few days in the Halo app before it came out.

• Upvote (+1) 4

What's a Halo app?

The launcher for Forge, Halo Wars 2 and future Halo titles on PC. 

Pretty dope.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Interesting E6 General made the twitlonger, considering he is the son of the owner of E6 and I have never spoken a word to him in my life. Anyways not once did i say that Ayden and I are better than Carlos and Jesse and we deserve more. Not sure where that came from. As for denying the comment about the family, its whatever, it was definitely said. However I did not say he threatened my family. I was just simply restating what he said. Also E6 claims they have never scumbagged or done harm to any players and then also goes on to challenge anyone out there to say how they mistreated them. I wonder what @@Huke and @@Snip3down have to say about that xD.

Woke up the forums this morning to this like......

hdA8tiO.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why did I even go to sleep last night?

The best thing to come from this is the rivalry between Stellur and E6 in season 2. We have way more stories this season and it makes things way more interesting.  

Re: the whole "Slayer has too many weapons" thing.

Personally I think that reducing the weapons is a band-aid fix to the gametype just not being very good. Admittedly there aren't exactly a lot of alternatives to pick from in H5, but deaths being directly tied to scoring (especially on maps without camo) makes breaking a setup very costly in terms of score deficit if it goes even slightly wrong.

Royal 2's playstyle in that game he uploaded is exactly why I take issue with Slayer being played in tournaments. No other team based FPS uses a deathmatch variant in competition for good reason - it actively skews the risk/reward balance of most plays made from a trailing position towards being riskier because if it goes wrong your opposition doesn't just earn a few seconds to further improve their positional advantage, but also widens the score gap. With Objectives even if you're ahead you have to keep pushing to get further ahead and momentum can go back and forth much more fluidly.

• Upvote (+1) 3

eg just played a 19 game series. 

roy just explained what i was talking about. they need to slow down. glad they are having these talks.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ninja/ProudChimpanzeePipeHype

EDIT: My quote from my earlier post "Been watching all night, EG NEVER trys to hold setups. not in strongholds.. not in slayers, nothing. The only thing getting them through this is their individual gun skill."

They all say that every scrim. "Guys we just need to slow it down"

Just something to note on the E6 Stellur situation. When you tell someone their salary you tell them what you pay them, not what they get after taxes. You don't get told "You'll get $30 000 after taxes" when asking about compensation in a job interview, they tell you "We'll give you $40 000 annual salary" and its up to you to figure out what that means in actual take home after taxes.

If they were told they'd be making 3k then their salary being changed to 1.5 is a shitty thing to do, but the 3 to 2.5 was just Cratos informing them of what their actual takehome after taxes would be. I don't understand how people have understood the situation as two separate lies. 

• Upvote (+1) 6