CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So our potential problems are as follows

1. 343 isn't listening

2. Pros are not presenting their ideas properly

3. Combination of both

Pros need to get a rep from each team BEFORE feedback sessions or summits, vote on hot topic settings decisions, write whatever was agreed upon down on bullet point / list format, and present them to 343 during feedback sessions as a united front.

The current way of doing things is clearly going nowhere.

Disclaimer: I have not been involved in any of the calls between pros/devs, nor was I present for the Summit, so I can only speak on what I see as an outsider seeing forum, on stream, and Twitter interactions from Players and Devs.

I think #2 definitely occurs, especially when we have issues of pros immediately seeing just the verbal form of what's going to be tested and taking to Twitter, or playing it one or two nights of scrims before writing off the entirety of the settings and refusing to play them further.

It's especially problematic when their major issues with the settings presented are from one or two off-the-wall changes (LET'S ADD A SCATTERSHOT EVERYWHERE, BUT REPLACE THE ONE WE HAD WITH A REGULAR SHOTGUN) that pros refuse to articulate feedback on the other minor changes that kinda hold back the potential for forward progress.

However, from seeing this consistent lack of communication and explanation on changes from 343, as well as stubbornness to push forth certain changes, I can completely understand the Stonewalling some pros tend to do.

The current system is broken.  But from what I can see, it's broken due to external parties (read: Neither Developers nor Top Players) that for some reason are being given input on what the new settings should entail.

• Upvote (+1) 8

The current way of doing things is clearly going nowhere.

I dunno man, dual Binary's on Coliseum was amazing :/

• Upvote (+1) 2

Jokes :) a certain member on here a week ago was saying those things and Halo players with controller would basically whoop kb/m.

And that user may or may not be the same one who claims that the Halo CE battle rifle is easier to use than the Halo 3 Hydra.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This is our chance, WE NEED TO MAKE A COLLECTIVE PUSH FOR A NEW SYSTEM OF TRANSPARENCY AND TESTING.

Tweet out, get Pros to comment in and call 343i or something.

Things need to change.

Have a series of web meetings or have pros emails email documents containing suggested changes. Then have 343i release confirmed/acknowledged changes or requested changes.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I will always upvote Maniacs posts.

: - - - - )

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder if anyone at 343 watched that video comparing their whole philosophy to Bungies. It has a lot of views for such a niche topic, and an extremely good like to dislike ratio.

Bungie had a good game philosophy but they did nothing for the competitive community. MLG handled all the settings and stuff. 343i is concerned with the competitive community unlike Bungie, but their past 2 games destroyed the competitive fan base, to where MLG and other leagues dropped Halo.

343i is doing what Bungie should of done, but they are fucking it up drastically.

Plus Bungie gave us Reach...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone else keep getting stuck at the "deploying" screen after games

yes omg 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The thing that confuses me the most is the fact that Microsoft/343 put a significant amount of money into HCS and the Pro Circuit, yet they can't do anything to make the game more competitive.

Like how do they expect competitive Halo to grow if they just throw prize money at it yet make the game less enjoyable from a competitive standpoint?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I feel like we could really benefit from having a community manager focused on the competitive community. Bravo and Unyshek do a great job, but they have their hands full with the casual community. Obviously there will always be a ton of corporate red tape blocking total transparency from devs on any AAA game, but any communication we can get is welcomed and it's pretty clear that what we have now isn't enough.

Also, on the topic of focus testing, I would love to see 343 pro/multiplayer team round up some pros/ams/forum kids/arena champs and run test lobbies every once in a while. Do it twice a month, stream it on the Halo twitch channel and I'm sure a lot of people will tune in. It would give us a little insight into what goes on behind the scenes and let them collect some feedback on changes before they hit the playlist.

Like how do they expect competitive Halo to grow if they just throw prize money at it yet make the game less enjoyable from a competitive standpoint?

Isn't that what COD and LOL do? Seems to be working for them  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is there any honest to god reason Why they cant spitball balance changes and get day ti day feedback from team beyond/pro? Josh makes it sound like a legal issue, gives red tape ad AN excuse to not discuss settings thè same way a dev wont talk about s games campaign mode before release. You cant spoil settings changes though, like why?.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I keep seeing this argument that pros aren't submitting their ideas properly to 343.

Then what the fuck was the Pro Halo Player Summit about? Tell me they did more than play Foosball...

• Upvote (+1) 8

I don't mind scatter on regret. The storm rifle is just as op. Don't know why they would put more than 6 shots though

Can't believe empire is staying. I'd rather empire flag with 5 caps or overgrowth even. I hate watching that gametype