CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Does anyone have high-level competitive experience with no radar? Maybe I'm just brainwashed from having it enabled for so long that I forgot the importance of no radar.

I definitely agree that full radar dulls the game and encourages crouching autos, but at the same time all these abilities and map verticality leaves me undecided.

Closing distances in H5 is done at a fraction of the time that were used to with classic Halo. Is AA-only radar an option? I feel like that's a happy medium or at least worth a test as well as no-radar.

Edit: Feel free to call me an idiot because I literally have no experience with disabled radar in H5, just thinking out loud.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@CyReN @@Infinity @@Saucey Is there any chance you guys would host non-official tournaments for the community to play in as well? I haven't played in a single one, but obviously people like the no radar. I'm not suggestion being the guinea pigs for anything or any situation like that, just maybe a fun community tournament, not even necessarily with Astros or small prize on the line. Free to enter type deal as usual with maybe even a smaller prize on the line than your Astro tournaments so people can try out the no radar settings. Just a thought.

EDIT: I know someone was in touch with @@Apoll0 about community created tournaments for the "adult" league we'd discussed, but I know that platform isn't available yet either. 

Community tournaments will be sweet. Hopefully the Arena thing mentioned here https://news.xbox.com/2016/09/06/xbox-clubs-lfg-preview/ will reduce overhead required to keep track of a league.  Kind of in a holding pattern right now until some of these features become available.  I can't spare enough time to run one of these things the old fashioned way haha

• Upvote (+1) 1

When was the last nV scrimmed? Very well could have missed it but I've been trying to keep up. I'm a college football coach so football season can get kinda crazy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

When was the last nV scrimmed? Very well could have missed it but I've been trying to keep up. I'm a college football coach so football season can get kinda crazy.

Yeah, I'm an astronaut. I may have missed it too, might have just spaced out :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

ALG scrimming OpTic 10:30 EST

Finally the 2 worst teams in the League are scrimming to see which one is the worst... OG hasnt won a scrim and haevnt even come close either... They should win this scrim since ALG is pretty bad but who knows 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

The last time nV scrimmed was on the 3rd.

UGC's tournament presumably being on the same weekend as open cups etc. will inevitably hurt attendance. The only hope we have is if 343i make them an officially sanctioned event. I don't trust them (343) enough to do so anyway, but making it radar-less would likely kill any slim chance of it happening :/ 

in either case, hopefully the prize pool plus crowdfunding is enough to get am (and pro) teams to turn out regardless of the online thing. hopefully we can get some more "innovative" tournaments in the offseason. Money talks and if people are playing radar-less settings significantly enough maybe it's enough to get it through 343i's thick skulls (ALSO ESP. IF THERE ARE PC TOURNAMENTS THAT WOULD BE #LIT)

yay, although the fact that they even considered coli sword grinds my gears and hurts my confidence in them

yay, although the fact that they even considered coli sword grinds my gears and hurts my confidence in them

Binary Rifles

ZFXYL4A.png

• Upvote (+1) 7

It's weird tbh. I feel like Coli is one of the fairer and better maps in the rotation right now, and it gets hype with the snipes and such. I don't know why they keep trying to change it, there are more important things to balance.

I don't follow CS:GO at all but it's pretty crazy seeing there pro-league matches getting 14k viewers.

Well OpTic was playing tonight and they are pretty good. 

I don't follow CS:GO at all but it's pretty crazy seeing there pro-league matches getting 14k viewers.

Big matches get over 30k easily

I remember when Tsquared was called the "emotional leader" of Str8 Rippin as a compliment. (Back when Foulacy was captain).

How far have we fallen...

So what happened to Kimbo? I heard they dropped him for Jimbo but I don't know it he got a team for the Fall season.

Big matches get over 30k easily

Damn that's pretty insane and they handle breaks way better then the Halo version does I'd much rather see products for teams then these stupid warzone montages/action sack gametypes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nevermind, I've been corrected by @@ssbChad -- Vetoes are apparently Mondays this season.

(Which conflicts with the Handbook that was released yesterday, which says Vetoes are on Tuesdays...)

Any word on if vetoes for the pro league will be made available to the public, whether it's before the matches or just released to be posted somewhere like the halo esports wiki?

I really enjoyed seeing what teams vetoed at the LAN. It really gives some insight into what gametypes teams either struggle with, or just don't want to play.

@@Timo @@Vivi

• Upvote (+1) 1

All I want is an @@LethuL stream :(.

Seems like ever since that loss against NV and his mental blow up about it, he hasn't been streaming. It's all good give him some time to cool down I'm sure he will be back soon.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1