CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Rammy not having a great Lan at Chatt makes me =(

http://www.hitbox.tv/platinum5tv

chat LAN is here

2nd LAN in a row where he's underperformed. Or maybe people just have unrealistically high expectations of him. And they did play one of the top teams there.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If I'm not mistaken, E6 has lost two games this entire tourney.

Both of them were Stasis Flag.  And I'm pretty sure E6 was Red on both.

Well according to @@GunRanger, "the better team wins stasis flag regardless of color"

Weedmaps > E6?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well according to @@GunRanger, "the better team wins stasis flag regardless of color"

Weedmaps > E6?  :kappa:

Red team -can- win the gametype, but Blue just has so much more freedom of map movement when it comes to approaching the enemy flag on an OE.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Red team -can- win the gametype, but Blue just has so much more freedom of map movement when it comes to approaching the enemy flag on an OE.

Can you please explain what you mean? I never noticed there's an advantage for your spawns. 

Can you please explain what you mean? I never noticed there's an advantage for your spawns. 

On red flag there is that tower by hydra and even the smaller tower on the opposite site.

64a075fd4feb2400f28e79e0703a851a.png

:holmes:

I dont blame him, spent all of my years of highschool in the hardest English class, and I still spell it wrong every time :mj:

I dont blame him, spent all of my years of highschool in the hardest English class, and I still spell it wrong every time :mj:

i couldn't spell 'definitely' to save my life

• Upvote (+1) 4

Blue side getting to Red Flag has a much better route Shotgun side (strong side of the map) -- where they're up basically on level ground with the rest of the combat area of the map to get into the enemy base.  Red going into Blue's base on Shotgun side have that low area they have to traverse (or they have to jump out in the open), giving up high ground advantage to get into the base on strong side of the map.

On Hydra side (weak, low side) of the map, if Blue are OEing to stop a flag, they have sightlines on red team running the flag back to their base.  For the Red team, however, they have a giant lip blocking their LoS and have to lift/jump up to get vision, exposing themselves in an area with no cover.  There are also platforms on BOTH sides of Red's base they have an elevated view of the Red side of the map, but if Red are on Blue's side of the map... there are no elevated platforms, just a thin wall or two to stand on.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Good event from the CoD guys, hopefully we'll regain our footing at some point in the near future. At least Halo's already making strides in the PC realm. One quip about CoD though, I'll still never fail to laugh at the sheer amount of emphasis the casters/players/community put on KD ratios. Probably the only stat the game goes by & pretty sums up my views on the stale & shallow skill of that game & just the general mindset people play that game with. I mean I find it laughable how poor the American teams are at S&D, the one gamemode that rewards strategy & ingenuity above other things. You really only see the veterans hold their own consistently in the game type & most of the other kids just run around like headless chickens.

I digress here though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

WMG looks better then Optic.

If they could get some good practice I can see them challenging Optic and Allegiance.

EDIT: Really hope people show up in these upcoming LANs so we can see some new faces and potential new pros.

If they could get some good practice I can see them challenging Optic and Allegiance.

EDIT: Really hope people show up in these upcoming LANs so we can see some new faces and potential new pros.

It would have been good to see Optic or Alg at this event. Just to put the yard stick down.

Imo smart move from E6 going there. Lan experience as a team and a lot of competitive games to practice.

It would have been good to see Optic or Alg at this event. Just to put the yard stick down.

Imo smart move from E6 going there. Lan experience as a team and a lot of competitive games to practice.

And a chance to scout out potential new pros and top AMs. 

Regardless of technical woes, 2050 was an important step forward for having more open LANs and new faces in the scene. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I always wondered if people thought these posts were clever when they typed them.

They aren't, I just don't understand why this thread becomes a Cod or Gears of War thread.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They aren't, I just don't understand why this thread becomes a Cod or Gears of War thread.

It's healthy to discuss what our "brother games" are doing to move console eSports forward. Plus, it's the off-season right now so it's not that big of a deal (that's how I look at it personally).

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sometimes I feel like we aren't even in the same scene with the things I see people write on here. How selective people can be with bringing up situations is honestly one of the hardest things to read

Your rational thinking has no power here

• Upvote (+1) 1

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds and Gears eSports Discussion‏

HCS Pro League 2016, Teams, Seeds, and Edgy posts Discussion

Halo is in an "off season", just passing the time with interesting news from similar titles isn't the end of the world.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1