CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

No shit, obviously Huke and bubu are legit. My point wasn't "Contra/Devon > Huke/Bubu". Just that the Denial squad was obviously made up of four top-tier players and it's unfortunate to see half of them stuck with teammates clearly below their level for two seasons in a row.

Denial breaking up was probably the best news CLG has ever woke up to. That team could have been the one.

But Huke/Bubu's new team beat them  :apg:

but yes I know what you're saying and I agree

It's worth keeping in mind that Worlds Denial squad looked pretty average online but showed up at the events. Not saying this ALG squad is going to do the same but somehow Contra and Devon have gotten by before.

It's worth keeping in mind that Worlds Denial squad looked pretty average online but showed up at the events. Not saying this ALG squad is going to do the same but somehow Contra and Devon have gotten by before.

If Allegiance with Goofy hadn't choked to Optic earlier in the season, the Heinz roster would have made 4th place. Who knows what they could have done at that point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We don't need the money and Im donating most of it if not all. We came because it's a 64 team tournament why wouldn't we this is so fun to be at

Glad to hear it and thank you for going. Would have been nice to see more pro teams.  I know they would wreck shop, but being there and interacting with the fans and other teams is what has made open lans so much fun and attractive for people in the past.

I don't get the Contra and Dev hype. I've only recently started watching H5 and in the time they haven't really impressed me.

They are teaming with Falcated and shooter. Two decent players. One finished second last season the other probably the best AM last season and has done really well in the scrims for them.

But what do I know

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't get the Contra and Dev hype. I've only recently started watching H5 and in the time they haven't really impressed me.

They are teaming with Falcated and shooter. Two decent players. One finished second last season the other probably the best AM last season and has done really well in the scrims for them.

But what do I know

Contra and Devon have the reputation of performing very well during live events, but they are also known for not caring too much about online in terms of practice. I don't follow ALG closely nowadays so perhaps things have changed with those 2.

But what do I know

Same here, they are good players but nothing out of this world. Never understood the hype either. Also, people say their work ethic isn't the best. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Contra has the best shot in the game so there's reason enough to hype him.

Can that be quantified? Also, Halo 5 is more than just having the best shot. Positioning and movement are very important as well. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can that be quantified? Also, Halo 5 is more than just having the best shot. Positioning and movement are very important as well. 

By watching scrims I learned how to position myself in a corner with a smg, or storm rifle and, and waited to make my move when someone popped up on radar. Didn't miss an entire shot, because he didn't see it coming (GG @@LethuL). I deserve me to be on a pro team. I'm professional radar user. HMU GT: Ruck Fadar   :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah it amazes me how Contra and Devon continuously get the shit end of the stick. Do people really just credit Denial's HWC performances entirely to Huke and bubu?

It's almost like having a reputation for not taking online or practice seriously is bad for picking up players for an online league.

And the worst part is people will retcon that team and act like Huke wasnt their worst player then. He and Danoxide improved the most since Worlds

I'd argue Danoxide hasn't so much improved as much as he's actually had teams that will play around him now -- he didn't look as good with the Spartan/Eco/Stellur roster, but with the Randa/Heinz/(fourth)/Danoxide roster and the Naded/Eco/eL ToWn rosters, both of which are stacked with non-flashy players who do what it takes to win, he looks like a shining star.

Similar effect to Allegiance Suspector, and H2A Denial Mikwen.  Surrounded by players that set him up to succeed, and set the team up to succeed so long as he performs.

And he performs.

Edit to be clear: I'm not saying "Danoxide isn't good." (He is.) -- I'm saying it's less that he's gotten better at the game (granted, he has) and more that he's twice now been surrounded by triple selfless rosters that make him look way, WAY better.

• Upvote (+1) 6

But what do I know

watch Contra's stream for an hour, that will explain the hype; Devon is also good but imo not quite as ridiculous as Contra

• Upvote (+1) 8

watch Contra's stream for an hour, that will explain the hype; Devon is also good but imo not quite as ridiculous as Contra

I second this. If you can watch past his "start twitch" then you will see what a freak he is at this game, in my opinion. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

cntra and snipedownhave far and away the best pistols

if NV and CLG have 8 of the 10 best players, who would make up the remaining 2.

I'd like a poll @@VinFTW

Slow holiday weekend, I stepped in. Hope @@VinFTW doesn't mind.

Poll: Outside of the CLG and nV rosters, who is the best player in the Pro League?

I literally put every other player in there in alphabetical order.

• Upvote (+1) 2

A couple thoughts in my head right now:

Off Topic: It was super disappointing seeing Formal lose at CoDChamps again. He played out of his mind and the 2 players on his team who happen to have rings already played poorly the whole event. I would like to see Formal back in Halo and I bet he is really considering it atm, but I know he will get over the lose in a couple of days and look at the bigger picture which is to stay with CoD.

On Topic:

• NV have been impressing me a lot and seem to be the real deal. Huke Skywalker is the best gamertag I've ever seen.
  • Where is Lethul? :lxthul:
  • ALG are underwhelming
  • EG are still getting better, maybe a change in culture is what that team needed.
  • Need more Liquid scrims
  • LG are nice
  • Optic Halo is still a pro team, right?
  • Upvote (+1) 2

There is probably a reason Contra and Predevonator(which is the worst GT in the league, btw) haven't been able to keep a team together.

They have a reputation for apathy and arrogance amongst the other pro players. Insanely talented guys, but they know it and it seems like they have bought into their own hype.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'll have to give it a watch soon.

But if he's work ethic is as bad as people say. I'm surprised he hasn't ended up on Optic ;)

I voted for Naded. I still think that guy is an absolute beast. He just gets tilted easily. But when he's on, he's top 6-8 IMO

• Upvote (+1) 8