CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

they didn't even let MLG negotiate terms........................................

its really hard to believe the developer has competitive halos best interest at heart

not to mention how totally uninspired everything HCS is, it's such a bland experience 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Being a HCS fan on the east coast  :mj:  :mj:  :mj:

I know, we have to stay up super late past our bedtimes when all these West Coasters are scrimming. 

There must be some political disconnect in the 343 and MLG offices. When one of the biggest esports companies wants to host a event and has a executive literally posting on a fan site about how they wanted to run one, the fact that they aren't contacted at all suggests there is serious contempt in the 343 offices for something

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its frustrating because its a very obvious oversight that will lead to poor attendance. I'm excited for sure, but I'm not going to be able to go and support open lans now, and many others won't be able to either. If the lans go poorly then they might not bring them back next season.

This^. We are trying to REVITALIZE the culture. The market is saturated with games right now and a good way to get exposure aside from what we already do on social media is getting people to a LAN. When looking at the big picture for growth in Halo, I don't see how having both LANs on the west coast was best for the franchise.

Now if they announced they had gone with MLG and would have 1 LAN in Vegas and the other in Columbus, the last 16 pages would have been all champagne and roses.

• Upvote (+1) 4

they didn't even let MLG negotiate terms........................................

its really hard to believe the developer has competitive halos best interest at heart

not to mention how totally uninspired everything HCS is, it's such a bland experience 

while you wait in between matches pls watch this cool Warzone gameplay with a Killtrocity ghost splatter...on AI. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think everything's great, sure it could be better but let's at least cherish what we received. Also, if you're a player who wants to go pro, all you have to do nowadays is to stand out online. In the past even if you were good online you had to pay your way to an event. I'm sure if Ulrich was around in this day and age he'd be pro. Overall I'm really happy with the state of Halo eSports.

you're happy that MLG can't hold events?  :wutface:

everything is not great

while you wait in between matches pls watch this cool Warzone gameplay with a Killtrocity ghost splatter. 

(for the 10000th time)

• Upvote (+1) 8

Will we ever get the real population numbers for halo 5?

Right after we get the rule book

you're happy that MLG can't hold events?  :wutface:

everything is not great

(for the 10000th time)

I honestly dislike MLG, I get why spectators like them but pros that have had to work with them in the past don't like them for the most part.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 18

or a jump map. Like wtf am I watching I thought this was a pro circuit. Fking am hour I swear.

Either change that damn ninja sig or stop posting every five seconds. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

PS: Before I catch problems for this post go look at how many events I went to before really profiting at all. I saved every dime I had, crashed on teammates floors. If you want it bad enough you find a way to make it happen. 

I checked your event history out of curiosity ... did not know you attended an H2 event (2007), that is ridiculous haha

Just an FYI to people worried about deals to some of these open events. There's some REALLY good deals online for hotels + flights to the Las Vegas event around that time of year. Looking now and flight + 5 day hotel stay (considering a couple extra days to explore Vegas) is coming in a little above 700$ right now. That's from Orlando to Vegas.  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Being an HCS fan in Wales.

:apg:

In Blackpool... No wait NA pros came over and went to my local chip shop!

ddce1s.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Knew this response was coming. Hope you're well Ryan.

You too friend, enjoyed MLG Orlando. I have talked enough about our history here, I think you'd do a fine job running events I just prefer ESL/PGL, haven't had anything to complain about on our end from them. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 21

I know, we have to stay up super late past our bedtimes when all these West Coasters are scrimming.

Imagine being a uk fan. I stay up to 5am just to watch matches.

• Upvote (+1) 4

This may seem harsh, but you only became relevant because of MLG and their events/combines, as well as many other pros. Please don't speak on the behalf of others, most pro Halo players owe everything to MLG, and I know I specifically would go out of my way to help them

Great point. MLG put a ton of existing players on the map.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I honestly dislike MLG, I get why spectators like them but pros that have had to work with them in the past don't like them for the most part.

I have my own complaints about MLG, but it mostly relates to the communication between them and me when I was working for them as reporter for LoL and as a scriptwriter for eSports Report.  It was very unclear both times when or why I was no longer needed.

Their treatment/compensation was far, far better than I've seen other TOs give their event staff, though.

MLG is a good thing for almost every party involved, and do the best job of actually responding to criticism of their events.  When a community says they fucked something up, they usually try to change/improve something the next time around.

• Upvote (+1) 3