CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

U.S. Census Bureau? Lol dude just type it into the internet. It's not hard. These things are basic marketing skills. Things 343 should know about.

While I do think he was joking about actually contacting the bureau, I'd bet way way more ppl would road trip to a central state between midwest/east coast(like Ohio) than they would driving or flying to vegas.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You guys will complain about literally anything ... West coast LANs are not ideal but holy shit, this is just one season (of four per year), and we're getting two open LANs, which is a huge improvement from last season.  By Q3 2017 or whenever I'm sure things will be even better.  

Have they confirmed 4 seasons? My biggest gripe besides the 2 locations being both West Coast are that potential open tournaments won't happen because of the lack of teams and fans at these events.

You guys will complain about literally anything ... West coast LANs are not ideal but holy shit, this is just one season (of four per year), and we're getting two open LANs, which is a huge improvement from last season.  By Q3 2017 or whenever I'm sure things will be even better.  

There's four seasons?!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Instead of putting personal shit aside (it has to be that), 343 is being petty as fuck with MLG. 

Snipedown put down some real talk. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

and we're getting two open LANs, which is a huge improvement from last season. 

we had a shit load of open LANs in h2a......

you are correct however, 2 is more than 0

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think there's actually four seasons.

Qualification for this season was May, then June-July season.  Then August break.  4 months.

This season starts in September, break in October, finals in December.  4 months.

Then presumably we have a series of qualifications for Worlds in March/April offseason again.  4 months.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Granted I agree both events being west coast is VERY unfortunate, but idk what else we can complain about. 

Online events = we want open events

Open LAN event = we want to sit home and save money.

When you are not a professional player who gets everything payed for it sucks, but you need to spend money if you want to make it. Other than a few pros who got pretty lucky we all went through it. 

PS: Before I catch problems for this post go look at how many events I went to before really profiting at all. I saved every dime I had, crashed on teammates floors. If you want it bad enough you find a way to make it happen. 

I think our biggest issue right now is that 343 blatantly spat on MLG in a very unprofessional manner. 

Other than that, no one will argue with you that there is struggle on the road to greatness. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

While I do think he was joking about actually contacting the bureau, I'd bet way way more ppl would road trip to a central state between midwest/east coast(like Ohio) than they would driving or flying to vegas.

Wait, did you just assume my gender?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Granted I agree both events being west coast is VERY unfortunate, but idk what else we can complain about. 

When you are not a professional player who gets everything payed for it sucks, but you need to spend money if you want to make it. Other than a few pros who got pretty lucky we all went through it. 

PS: Before I catch problems for this post go look at how many events I went to before really profiting at all. I saved every dime I had, crashed on teammates floors. If you want it bad enough you find a way to make it happen. 

Also now a days an AM team can get some kind of sponsor who will cover something. I remember being a professional player getting top 8 still spending my own money to make to an event. 

I agree that success should not just be handed over, but there are easy things that 343 can do to make the pathway to becoming a pro or even just going to an event to compete more accessible.

Events in areas that correspond with where the majority of the Halo eSports player-base is located is a big way to improve accessibility, find new talent, and encourage players who are brand new to eSports to become involved. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wait, did you just assume my gender?

calm down edgel0rd

also i can't wait to find out who the best halo players are in California! /s

• Upvote (+1) 4

Its frustrating because its a very obvious oversight that will lead to poor attendance. I'm excited for sure, but I'm not going to be able to go and support open lans now, and many others won't be able to either. If the lans go poorly then they might not bring them back next season.

Meh. I'll be back when MLG finally gets back in the halo business. At this point I'm mostly keeping up with te HCS for the sake of nostalgia and the buzz is quickly fading.

It's been a pleasure guys and girls of the Beyond forums!

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Also now a days an AM team can get some kind of sponsor who will cover something. I remember being a professional player getting top 8 still spending my own money to make to an event. 

Ya I agree with you about this for players. But for spectators which a lot of us are now that we've grown up and in our mid to upper 20's, traveling to the west coast isn't worth it. And getting viewers/spectators is more important now then ever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am sure 343/PGL/ESA will give more details on Open Circuit and how it all work en detail soon.

Did you follow the HCS last season? Lack of details was one of the community's biggest complaints.

I certainly hope they release this info soon and the communication is better this season, but their track record doesn't inspire confidence.

That statement right there is why you are so successful my man. Props to you. You are the posterboy for a professional. Keep up the good work. If only more people lived by this in real life, not even talking about Halo, the world and society would be a much better place.

• Upvote (+1) 2

With Optic already getting stomped in 8th and still being better than the open teams?

Optic need to win a few games