CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Seriously ... hard to describe how depressing it is to think that Halo would be primarily or only played with KB+M. I've played a shit-ton of FPS games on PC (started with Doom/Quake) and KB+M is fine, I realize there's a higher skill ceiling, etc., but Halo on anything but a controller just feels so incredibly wrong to me. I honestly doubt that I could really enjoy Halo without a controller, as weird as that sounds. I guess it doesn't matter if there's a (KB+M) PC competitive scene or even a PC proleague as long as I can play MM with a controller-only playlist (even if it's on PC, for H6 or whatever).

Anyway if H5 or H6 goes KB+M only, virtually all of the current pros would vanish from the scene overnight ... such a huge difference in terms of skill ceiling and aiming. The pool of PC gamers is ridiculously huge and second-rate CS players would obliterate the tiny player pool for pro Halo. I should note that I'm not happy about this, I've been following some of these Halo pros since like 2008

I wouldn't worry about that. Even if a PC competitive community forms, they'd split the platforms into two leagues and give Xbox priority. Halo is an XBOX game first and foremost, both ms and 343 know that.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

So at what point do we refuse to support this team because they say rape?

I feel like this is your 5th bad take in a row 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I can't tell if serious.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wouldn't worry about that. Even if a PC competitive community forms, they'd split the platforms into two leagues and give Xbox priority. Halo is an XBOX game first and foremost, both ms and 343 know that.

I dunno ... this generation of consoles really might be the last.  When a $300 PC can run video games at 4k / 60fps (so in 2019) I don't see a market for consoles ... hence this push to publish all Xbox games to W10, I think

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's totally valid to have the opinion that halo wouldn't "feel right" on m+kb, but it's not a valid criticism of why halo wouldn't work/thrive/grow on it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'd love to have events played on the PC version of H5 from now on. Easier to stream, easier to setup for the players, probably far less issues with lagouts and the potential of better quality.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

1) Swift Kill & Calm. They got fourth at Worlds, but everybody forgot them and they retired  :simms:

Calm literally didn't have an XBox of his own, and had Satellite internet.  No way anyone was going to pick him up for an online league.

Dunno why no one tried SwiftKill though, before he stepped down on his own and switched to coaching.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Dunno why no one tried SwiftKill though, before he stepped down on his own and switched to coaching.

Because he's a combine kid and no combine kids ever amounted to anything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because he's a combine kid and no combine kids ever amounted to anything.

That's a fact.

They go around mumbling "college is a scam" and posting on forums before anything else.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I can't tell if serious.

Well everyone was saying how bad the word is and downvoting anyone who said otherwise to oblivion, but now Ninja and Roy are saying it and no one cares. Just seems strange to me

• Upvote (+1) 5

Well everyone was saying how bad the word is and downvoting anyone who said otherwise to oblivion, but now Ninja and Roy are saying it and no one cares. Just seems strange to me

I think it's more the discussion has ran its course at this point. It's shitty to say it but if you've been saying it for years, trying to stop yourself isn't easy. 

Heck, I still blurt out with some words I thought I'd blocked out.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This isn't exactly new behavior from either of them. I imagine most people who would pull support over it have already done so, and people aren't making as big a deal because they aren't surprised. But that's just my guess.

It's totally valid to have the opinion that halo wouldn't "feel right" on m+kb, but it's not a valid criticism of why halo wouldn't work/thrive/grow on it.

What good is halo growing if it's not like what made us love it? We get nothing out of halo being bigger on PC.

You can apply your argument to sprint, radar, autos etc btw

You're the only one drawing attention to it. I have Roy's stream muted most of the time because I don't like his music selection. HAPPY?

• Downvote (-1) 1

You're the only one drawing attention to it. I have Roy's stream muted most of the time because I don't like his music selection. HAPPY?

You should know by now beyond are only satisfied by the sacrifice of animals to the halo gods

• Upvote (+1) 3

I didn't really like the whole Royal 2, Frosty bagging thing when I was watching it. I saw Ninja's reaction to it and at first I sort of understood it, then I was like where is the competitor that is going to make it stop?

Ninja what the hell are you going to do about it? If YOU are so outmatched by them then why are you playing scary games for 8 hours a day on your stream? Listen, I get it, streaming is your source of income and if all you care about is placing somewhere around 4th in HCS and pulling good viewers playing other games to earn a paycheck, nobody is going to fault you. But if that actually is the case, don't get all upset at Frosty and Royal 2 simply because you can't hang... 

I miss the old Ninja who had a fire lit under his ass when everyone told him he'd never be good enough to compete with the top teams. You did for at least a little bit, but what was the common denominator? You grinded. You worked your ass off.

What I watched the other night was the gameplay of someone who simply just doesn't know the game as well as he should... poor movement, poor decision making, getting out shot time and time again. I can't believe that you dropped 2 kills over an entire game of strongholds tonight against Liquid and that didn't piss you off. Sure your team won, but where is your integrity? Where is your will to be the best? That had to be embarrassing as hell... yet there you are playing a scary game and then saying that you're gonna play it for hours when you start streaming tomorrow.

Sadly I think your drive for Halo is no longer there. Can't wait for the neg rep, but I've never really been a PC member of the Halo community... so fk it. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 50

What you saw the other night was CLG doing what CLG does. You talk like Ninja was getting embarrassed when he actually had the highest K/D for EG in that scrim.

Edit: and no I'm not saying K/D matters.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'd love to have events played on the PC version of H5 from now on. Easier to stream, easier to setup for the players, probably far less issues with lagouts and the potential of better quality.

I disagree. But if Halo 5 was played on PC then imagine the shots KennyS would hit with the snipe :O

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I disagree. But if Halo 5 was played on PC then imagine the shots KennyS would hit with the snipe :O

KennyS in 2016  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's absurd people can't take getting tbagged. Blows my mind we have a discussionstrong on it. It really is no big deal.

Its more absurd that people would go out of their way to teabag someone for a majority of the time during scrims. I can understand doing it in a tournament but how exactly does teabagging in scrims help your team get better? Teabagging isnt a big deal but i guarantee you they wouldnt be doing it if they were losing or werent the top team. Everything is a joke when youre the best.

• Downvote (-1) 6