CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm an Optic fan, but I'm also realistic. They skipped two tournaments. They couldn't get scrims, even though they tried frequently. They simply didn't practice as much as they have, and it showed. That's the reality. The better prepared team won, that's how competition goes, and even though it stings to say, nV without question deserves the win.

seeing some of the mistakes they were making today, it's hard to argue against this. stacking pink when no one was going there?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think every team outside of Optic/nV should be considering making roster changes and maybe Liquid because they're basically playing for 3rd place at this point.

This event really showcased that there's still a sizeable between nV/Optic and the other teams I really can't see any of the other teams doing what nV did today.

Liquid needs a change but they did beat NV last event. Eg took them to 5 too. We need to see a real event with everyone to truly make a determination.

What's with all the shit talking going on with Ninja on twitter today?

Saw this tweet:

And this tweet:

I think people were mad that he wasn't hosting the Halo channel today (I assume he wasn't today because he didn't yesterday). Plus many were saying he never grinds the game anymore which is kinda true. Can't really blame him though since the servers are shit.

Saw this tweet:

And this tweet:

I think it has to do with that fact that he didnt host the stream or tweeted it out.

Except he had a perfectly good reason not to.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Saw this tweet:

And this tweet:

Apparently Ninja didnt host the stream either while all the other Pros were doing it. He hosted H1Z1 lol.

There is a tweet out there with a screen shot confirming this.

When Ola and Mikwen didn't qualify for Worlds, they kept on grinding the game to improve on their weaknesses. Look at them now.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think it has to do with that fact that he didnt host the stream or tweeted it out.

What's the perfectly good reason? The fact that he lost and didn't qualify for finals? lol

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I think people were more upset he didn't tweet the stream

And after using it in Warzone the grenade launcher 100% should replace caster

What was the reason?

When Ola and Mikwen didn't qualify for Worlds, they kept on grinding the game to improve on their weaknesses. Look at them now.

If a Huke and Snipedown falls in Ninja's lap im sure he will play the game 24/7 too

Chances are he waiting for imminent roster mania

• Downvote (-1) 4

Their weaknesses were Arkanum and OGRE2.

Partially true, but Ola and Mikwen weren't half the players they are now in Halo 5, especially Mikwen before Worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If a Huke and Snipedown falls in Ninja's lap im sure he will play the game 24/7 too

Bad excuse.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bad excuse.

Bad excuse for what? 

Not playing or tweeting out the stream?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What's the perfectly good reason? The fact that he lost and didn't qualify for finals? lol

Nah the fact that he was at the event he hosted. He even streamed from it but keep being snarky if you want.

What was the reason?

He was hosting/attending/streaming at King of the Kappa. A two day H1Z1 event in collab with twitch prime and beyond the summit.  

• Upvote (+1) 5

Bad excuse for what? 

Not playing or tweeting out the stream?

Maybe I'm miss interpreting your post because of the first sentence. You think EG won't stick together and that is why he rather separate himself from the game until rostermania? If I were EG, I would pull the trigger sooner than later. Save the suspense.

This roster-mania before the first world's cup is probably gonna make me sad. I would honestly love the top 3 teams from this weekend to stick together. I like them each as teams and I think they could have a reason to.

First of all I don't think optic was ideally prepared for this event. They haven't had many scrims and have really only played E6 for the past week if I recall correctly, but I guess that's one of the faults of a top 4 tourney. That being said, I believe they can still win if they prepare for the next event (and go to every event they can).

Nv may stay together but I'd say they have about a 70% chance of making a change. They barely won these past two tourneys and I don't think many people would claim they are the best 4 players in Halo. That being said, they're clearly capable of being winners and i want them to stay together because they are probably the best at being that "old school hype team" that goes crazy at event.

I want liquid to stay together because they match up with Nv really well and I don't think they've peaked. Also they're the best team that isn't on the level of optic and Nv, which I think will be a huge factor for worlds (top 3 from the first event get their ticket to finals, though this years roster lock should be interesting I assume it will be the roster you qualify with but that's a different discussion). Also for the Bromances.

The reason this off season scares me is I believe that these three teams are isolated in a special way: The only way any one of them could get better would be get someone from one of the other two to join up.

All that being said I do have predictions (these are each discreet in that most any two would not occur concurrently, I also don't account for the repercussions of these):

1. Lethul to Nv for Mikwen: No Kappa. It would be a stab in the back but the Truce team at UGC showed potential. Would basically do the same thing as Lethul to CLG last year by buffing one of the top teams and causing the other chaos.
  2. Huke to OG in place of ???: Honestly don't know who would be dropped, but kids a god and if OG wanted an upgrade I think he's the only one they would consider.
  3. TL drops Penguin or Rayne: I feel liquid can be super inconsistent. Spartan really stepped up this season and became more consistent and Hamy is probably most consistent but when they're having a bad game, these two seem to play selfish in a bad way and Penguin and spartan's play styles seem to clash a little too often.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 12

Maybe I'm miss interpreting your post because of the first sentence. You think EG won't stick together and that is why he rather separate himself from the game until rostermania? If I were EG, I would pull the trigger sooner than later. Save the suspense.

No I think he hasn't been playing because he didn't make finals. Same reason LG (or other members of EG) hasnt been playing. I havn't seen Victory or Naded online. Danoxide plays with e-girls all day and El Town been grinding MWR wagers for 3 weeks straight.

Im sure they will play now (or after rostermania) with an event in a month. 

Nah he's made twice what he made in Halo this year from donations alone while streaming H1Z1. I feel like he plays Halo for the tournaments but I could be wrong. As far as what he enjoy's doing most, it's streaming H1Z1. When was the last time he streamed (or played for that matter) halo for something other than scrims? As far as waiting for roster mania, i honestly dont think he cares which team he's on at this point. He's been extremely complacent during every roster change period since worlds (wasn't prepared for renegades to split after worlds, waited till last minute to team with players he barely ran with this season, doesn't grind during the off season ect.).

Also you may not realize what the timeline was here but Mikwen and Ola were grinding for 7 months before Snip3 and Huke teamed with them, and they were getting really good all during that time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Before January 20th

I could make better settings in my sleep, got no idea why they're taking so long