CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

it probably won't happen because the scorpio is gonna flop

I don't think the Scorpio will flop because Microsoft has actually played the whole situation smart. Sony released the PS4 pro early, but by the time that the Scorpio releases 4k tvs/monitors will have gone down in price enough to make it a more enticing option. Though the fact that a flop is even a possibility makes it more likely that H6 would be rushed to sell consoles.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Only reason I'm unsure is because these are qualification for Worlds but hopefully everyone is allowed to attend.

@@Timo any clarification on whether or not the LANs are open to all teams(including international teams) and not just teams in that region would be nice.

Can't confirm, but I think they'll be region locked. 

Can't confirm, but I think they'll be region locked. 

shouldn't region lock the event just region lock the actual qualification

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think the Scorpio will flop because Microsoft has actually played the whole situation smart. Sony released the PS4 pro early, but by the time that the Scorpio releases 4k tvs/monitors will have gone down in price enough to make it a more enticing option. Though the fact that a flop is even a possibility makes it more likely that H6 would be rushed to sell consoles.

The only thing that could make the Scorpio flop is having a price point of more of $500 US dollars. If it's 400 or 450 then I can see it be a success being the more powerful console.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Still a lot of information needs to be released but I do love the idea of open lans leading to a double elimination 12 team tournament for $1,000,000.

Some stuff I hope to see:

-Top 3 from both open lans get into HWC. I would rather not any NA seed (other than last chance) at least be determined by online play. Online can help with seeding for the open lans.

- Tournaments should be scheduled appropriately, after the debacle the was the event that never ended, hopefully this is all sorted out (UGC has been very good in the past so I'm confident there).

- HWC needs to be an event near the East Coast. Ideally MLG would be able to run the tournament somewhere like NJ, D.C, Providence or Columbus (all have traditionally done well). Having a massive crowd should be a high priority for this event. 

But overall things look good, hopefully more information drops as soon as possible seeing as how the first open lan is almost a month away. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Still a lot of information needs to be released but I do love the idea of open lans leading to a double elimination 12 team tournament for $1,000,000.

Some stuff I hope to see:

-Top 3 from both open lans get into HWC. I would rather not any NA seed (other than last chance) at least be determined by online play. Online can help with seeding for the open lans.

- Tournaments should be scheduled appropriately, after the debacle the was the event that never ended, hopefully this is all sorted out (UGC has been very good in the past so I'm confident there).

- HWC needs to be an event near the East Coast. Ideally MLG would be able to run the tournament somewhere like NJ, D.C, Providence or Columbus (all have traditionally done well). Having a massive crowd should be a high priority for this event.

But overall things look good, hopefully more information drops as soon as possible seeing as how the first open lan is almost a month away.

I disagree with top 3 from each should get in. HCS worked well because of the points from online and LANs all got added up. Top 7 at the end of Vegas should automatically go. Rewards the season long consistency.

Yo it's gotten exponentially more hype since Che left. Coincidence? I think not.

Who is running the HCS now?  :thinking:

yeah everyone is clamoring for an overpriced under powered hybrid console

A console that is 2x or even 3x times more powerful than a PS4 Pro is impressive.

Yo it's gotten exponentially more hype since Che left. Coincidence? I think not.

Has it though? Don't see why this wouldn't have happened under him. 

--

I don't think H6 releases next year. Tom French and all the other dudes still have all hands on deck for H5. So unless they straight up make H6 very, very derivative from H5 (which would suck because it would mean probs no splitscreen), they're probably waiting until 2018 at least. 

(and tbh I think they'd just release an H3A with a massive MCC patch next year and then not release H6 for 2-3 years from now, like straight up release an H6 in like 2020. But that might just be my wishful thinking lol.)