CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You basically do that in the waiting animations, it would be cool if they tied them to the dpad or a button combo so you could perform them while moving.

That's what I was referring to. Both CS and I know Modern Warfare Remastered has a button where you can inspect your gun

• Upvote (+1) 1

after playing a lot more today:

• aiming is definitely more responsive, sniping feels smoother, etc., though the weird aim accel curve is still there (I'm used to it now so whatever); I had to readjust for a while but now my aiming feels solid overall
  • pro pipe is OP in WZA, I got a killtac + frenzy the first time I used it
  • heroic WZFF is almost impossible to lose if you're looking to finish up those commendations ...
  • for me, 4 sens / 3 accel seems to be the best for 'twitch' aiming and 3 sens / 2 accel feels surprisingly responsive now, best for 'regular'/slower aiming (it felt way too slow before due to input lag)
  • social playlists appear to be truly social
  • glad to not be playing Team Snipers on BTB maps
  • custom games browser is literally the best thing to happen to the Halo franchise in 15 years
  • Upvote (+1) 5

+rep for using "poop". As the father of a 2 year old i have new respect for the word.

Anyway, my thoughts on the update:

Positives:

1) Aiming is significantly better. Its not Destiny good, but its so much better than before.

2) The default sensitivities actual make fucking sense now! I switched to default 3 sense 2 accel (kept deadzones the same) and it felt.... good. Solving the sense crisis shouldn't be difficult since you can actually tell what it feels like now and doesn't seem to be changing from game to game (on dev maps anyway....)

3) Social/Ranked split is good. I mostly stuck to Social Skirmish last night and some games were close, some were blowouts, and some were in between. It "felt" social, but at the same time its a new list so my MMR might not be set yet.

4) No ghost melees! Well, at least not last night. When i do play im used to getting 2 or 3 a night, depending how long i play. They all seemed to connect well yesterday but the lunge distance has definitely increased along with it.

5) Custom game browser is dope. Really easy to find random games and get into them however its hard to find specific games (like Evolved for example)

Improvements needed(i dont want to call this negatives because overall this is the best update we have gotten)

1) Custom browser needs more search options. Ability to name lobby and search by name (trying to find evolved customs last night while i know people here were playing them and could not)

2) Gifting REQs is a pain in the ass. There is no logical sorting to your friends list, so finding who you want to send one too takes forever.

3) Forge maps needs to be removed from MM. Their framerates are not stable, leading to shitty aiming. I would even rather see Forge maps forced to run at 30 FPS all the time than have the framerate jump around all over the place like it does. Stable framerate is better than a changing framerate even if the changing framerate average is slightly higher.

4) There are too many total playlists. Maybe this will work for social if the rank restrictions are really really loose, but even ranked has too many. We really only need Team Arena (HCS), Doubles, and FFA for ranked playlists imo. Maybe slayer since the demand is probably there, but I don't feel that a slayer-only playlist deserves to be ranked.

5) PC KBM controls are still terribad

As a side note... here is one thing that has been grinding my gears since yesterday.... Spartan charge was removed from Grifball.... BUT WE STILL HAVE IT IN ARENA wtf mate...

For future reference, evolved is going to be under BTB because that's the only way to get a decent radar in FFA. So if we do have a lobby it's gonna be under that. But yes, not being able to see host and not being able to search is a huge problem. So is not being able to see the ping you have to said custom game before joining.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I know it will never happen because of licensing with MLG and whatnot but I would do bad things for a "Throwback Pack" that had skins like Final Boss, Carbon, TD, Instinct

Literally came just to post this, I would buy every single one. Maybe one day if we're lucky and 343 lets MLG back in the scene

I know it will never happen because of licensing with MLG and whatnot but I would do bad things for a "Throwback Pack" that had skins like Final Boss, Carbon, TD, Instinct

I would do dirty things for a Carbon skin.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I bet that if MLG was back in the scene @ could work with 343 to release a pack like that that could be used for crowdfunding tournament prize pools.

That would be amazing.  I would buy it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Damn those Allegiance and C9 skins are sexy.

Wait, there are ALG skins?!

I would do very bad things just for emblems if those were easier for 343 to implement. I'd rock that TD emblem until the very end.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can somebody explain who this guy is and where these skins came from?  Are these all active on the store?  Hidden in the pc build?  So confused.  

I would do very bad things just for emblems if those were easier for 343 to implement. I'd rock that TD emblem until the very end.

Emblems seem easier to me, at least from a programming standpoint. 

Can somebody explain who this guy is and where these skins came from?  Are these all active on the store?  Hidden in the pc build?  So confused.  

Modder. He is data mining the PC build and just found all of these added with the new update.

The Team Liquid skins were just released today for $9.99. No word on C9, E6 and ALG. I imagine C9 aren't coming anytime soon since they aren't current involved with Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I will go to my grave defending tyrant

Different powerweapons, nerfed splinters, and better spawns would make Tyrant CTF one of my top 5 gametypes. I also liked the way it played in assault, but we've gotta fix assault first before anything else happens

Hidden in the build, yeah. He's a modder and consistently finds hidden content. They'll probably release in 2017 (dependent on the results of relegation and Worlds schedule)

• Upvote (+1) 1

They should have all the team skins in the game by now. ALG and E6 have been in Halo long enough to get them even if they are relegated. They should be available for the teams this weekend if 343 were smart.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I will go to my grave saying that Torque is better than Stasis

Then you are gonna be lonely while you are alive.

I think I hate stasis slightly more since it's an asymmetrical flag map. Probably the worst idea of all time. But both suck.

They should have all the team skins in the game by now. ALG and E6 have been in Halo long enough to get them even if they are relegated. They should be available for the teams this weekend if 343 were smart.

I agree that they should've had ALG and E6 by now.

But it'd sure be awkward if they released today and the team was relegated tomorrow.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Different powerweapons, nerfed splinters, and better spawns would make Tyrant CTF one of my top 5 gametypes. I also liked the way it played in assault, but we've gotta fix assault first before anything else happens

They've changed assault so that it doesn't instantly reset when the enemy picks it up anymore. Massive improvement.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree that they should've had ALG and E6 by now.

But it'd sure be awkward if they released today and the team was relegated tomorrow.

If a team gets relegated, do the skins stay available in the store?