CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Months of consistent phone calls to student finance (any students from the UK will know these fuckers are worse than 343 for customer satisfaction) and its finally come through. Sleepless nights and an emotional wreck many times because of how tough its been, and the first thing i wanna buy is Team Liquid skins.

Isnt it fantastic to know my priorities :kappa:

Student finance! 200_s.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whats the deal with new maps and forge being used for HCS? I'm starting to get very bored of spectating the same maps.

Edit

Guess no one knows hey?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I will go to my grave defending tyrant

I actually like tyrant. It's got some fun flag routes. I just wish the center of the map wasn't so congested.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I will go to my grave defending tyrant

I'm not a huge advocate of removing sprint, but Tyrant would play so much better without it!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well, I guess there go my hopes that this update would magically fix the fact that I become a bullet magnet mid-thrust :(

I'm confused about what you mean by this...

The game honestly just feels so much better to play now. Couldn't even believe it I was shooting over 70% multiple games in a row. This might be the first time playing H5 alone was actually fun.

I'm confused about what you mean by this...

For some reason I seem to have an extremely high chance of being headshot/sniped while I'm midthrust, even while going behind walls. I guess i was hoping there were server updates that would improve the consistency between my client side and the server side.

For some reason I seem to have an extremely high chance of being headshot/sniped while I'm midthrust, even while going behind walls. I guess i was hoping there were server updates that would improve the consistency between my client side and the server side.

I'm not sure what the "Tick rate" is for Halo, I know some games like Destiny for example have some f-ing disgusting tick rates that cause you to die well behind corners.

The game honestly just feels so much better to play now. Couldn't even believe it I was shooting over 70% multiple games in a row. This might be the first time playing H5 alone was actually fun.

What sensitivity did you go with?  Are you sticking with your normal and keeping deadzones at 0%?

How do we think the aiming update with affect the pros? Will Optic now runaway with it?

Everyone's shot will benefit similarly, I'd imagine. So it'll still come down to execution. No one has been as consistent as Optic in this regard.

Cant say the same for that logo

Blink if you're ok.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah, it's pretty poop. I imagine it's a lot worse with a huge friends list.

+rep for using "poop".  As the father of a 2 year old i have new respect for the word.

Anyway, my thoughts on the update:

Positives:

1) Aiming is significantly better.  Its not Destiny good, but its so much better than before.

2) The default sensitivities actual make fucking sense now!  I switched to default 3 sense 2 accel (kept deadzones the same) and it felt.... good.  Solving the sense crisis shouldn't be difficult since you can actually tell what it feels like now and doesn't seem to be changing from game to game (on dev maps anyway....)

3) Social/Ranked split is good.  I mostly stuck to Social Skirmish last night and some games were close, some were blowouts, and some were in between.  It "felt" social, but at the same time its a new list so my MMR might not be set yet.

4) No ghost melees! Well, at least not last night.  When i do play im used to getting  2 or 3 a night, depending how long i play.  They all seemed to connect well yesterday but the lunge distance has definitely increased along with it.

5) Custom game browser is dope.  Really easy to find random games and get into them however its hard to find specific games (like Evolved for example)

Improvements needed(i dont want to call this negatives because overall this is the best update we have gotten)

1) Custom browser needs more search options.  Ability to name lobby and search by name (trying to find evolved customs last night while i know people here were playing them and could not)

2) Gifting REQs is a pain in the ass. There is no logical sorting to your friends list, so finding who you want to send one too takes forever.

3) Forge maps needs to be removed from MM.  Their framerates are not stable, leading to shitty aiming.  I would even rather see Forge maps forced to run at 30 FPS all the time than have the framerate jump around all over the place like it does.  Stable framerate is better than  a changing framerate even if the changing framerate average is slightly higher.

4) There are too many total playlists.  Maybe this will work for social if the rank restrictions are really really loose, but even ranked has too many.  We really only need Team Arena (HCS), Doubles, and FFA for ranked playlists imo. Maybe slayer since the demand is probably there, but I don't feel that a slayer-only playlist deserves to be ranked.

5) PC KBM controls are still terribad

As a side note... here is one thing that has been grinding my gears since yesterday.... Spartan charge was removed from Grifball.... BUT WE STILL HAVE IT IN ARENA wtf mate...

• Upvote (+1) 2

CzL9tzNUsAEvw1p.jpg

Anyone buy this and try it out?  I had the grunt voice on last night...pretty fun to hear something different for Warzone, and custom/social games.  But I'll have to turn it off if I run ranked games.  It would be really distracting, and just not as good Jeff's callouts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

CzL9tzNUsAEvw1p.jpg

Anyone buy this and try it out?  I had the grunt voice on last night...pretty fun to hear something different for Warzone, and custom/social games.  But I'll have to turn it off if I run ranked games.  It would be really distracting, and just not as good Jeff's callouts.

Been using the Grunt all day - hilarious stuff, especially when a Grunt Mech rolls on in and you kill him.

• Upvote (+1) 1