CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The reason I want slayer to stay:

HCS Season 1 Finals

Losers Bracket Finals, CLG vs Noble

Game 5: Shrine TS

Had like 4 replays, it was totally insane in a good way, not like OG/Denial at relegations.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I see people complain about the cost of teams skins on here whenever they are announced and seeing as we are about to get Liquid skins presumably (and hopefully Str8 skins) I figured I would do my best to help out. Use Bing. Use Microsoft rewards. You can redeem points for searching and the little daily challenges for Xbox gift cards. I've gotten the 3 out of the 4 team skins by just searching.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Jut ask the pros how much they enjoy slayer in H5. Enjoying watching it is fine, but that doesn't give it more competitive merit.

@@LethuL @@Mikwen

Hi

So what are the top 4 teams heading into finals? Is it nV, Optic, Str8, EG?...

Optic, nV, Liquid, and Str8

• Upvote (+1) 1

Finally Halo 5 is looking like a complete game lol.

Bro, you gonna be running evolved PC customs when the custom browser drops or what?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd put Empire SH over every slayer, Fathom CTF, and Stasis CTF.

If the rumor of Splinters being removed turns out true, and we can get a GL or Sentinel Beam in place of SAW, I don't think I'd have a good complaint about the gametype.

• Downvote (-1) 2

I'm just spit balling but I would bet that the casual fan enjoys slayer the most. It promotes individual skill making it fun for a casual to watch. I enjoy slayer as well.

Could be wrong though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'd put Empire SH over every slayer, Fathom CTF, and Stasis CTF.

If the rumor of Splinters being removed turns out true, and we can get a GL or Sentinel Beam in place of SAW, I don't think I'd have a good complaint about the gametype.

It's not a rumour, Quinn tweeted that they're removing them on some maps entirely and reducing them on other, placing them in smarter locations.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not a rumour, Quinn tweeted that they're removing them on some maps entirely and reducing them on other, placing them in smarter locations.

Removed on empire was what I should have said. Didn't get a chance to check out the leaked layouts before Quinn took them down.

FTFY.

Seriously, how have we been playing Halo competitively for over a decade and still play Slayer?

What games still use a deathmatch mode competitively? I feel like if we could get a decent version of Breakout it should replace slayer.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 10

If I had to pick maps that must have splinter nades, it would be Plaza, Regret, and Fathom. Preferably, I would rather it be completely gone, but at least they are addressing the issue. 

Jut ask the pros how much they enjoy slayer in H5. Enjoying watching it is fine, but that doesn't give it more competitive merit.

Sure, but it's important to keep the fans entertained :P 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Will rank be ressetting on thursday with the update?

Not until next year, probably.

I would fix stasis first, then play with it a bit.  I don't think its a bad map but they need to make the geometry equal so we can play with it some more and really know.

I agree with @@Bassman, Empire strongholds needs to go.  Is it Bassman like the fish, or Bassman like low pitched sound btw?

As in the low pitched sound. When I made my GT, I was a young naive 7th grader who attached my usernames to the fact that I happened to play bass guitar in the schools jazz band. Definitely wish I could go back and be at least a LITTLE more creative XD Maybe I should rebrand....some new and fresh name like Eco......

• Upvote (+1) 5

Sometimes I think you just want the attention.

I just like the idea of a round based elimination gametype. People are always complaining about slayer why can't we try it?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I just like the idea of a round based elimination gametype. People are always complaining about slayer why can't we try it?

Because it's drastically different compared to anything else and nobody wants it.

KoTH, Assault and Oddball are possible - lets do that instead.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Slayer is good when the map is good, but I don't think it should be a game 5 tournament decider. Always have.

Because it's drastically different compared to anything else and nobody wants it.

KoTH, Assault and Oddball are possible - lets do that instead.

SnD please?

A round based elimination Assault-like gametype with default health settings, good weapon placements on the right maps would be a great alternative to Slayer IMO. I think Breakout gave the idea of something like this a bad stigma since it was executed so poorly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because in a game like Halo, that has shields and significantly slower kill-times, it becomes exponentially more difficult to win rounds after simply one person goes down. We actually have tried Breakout (well, it was forced upon us) and there was a team that literally committed suicide on stream because they hate playing that gametype so much. No one wanted to watch it and no one wanted to play it.

It's a cool idea for what it was, but some things just aren't competitively viable. Elimination has been around since CE, but it's not played competitively in Halo for a lot of reasons.

• Upvote (+1) 1