CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Didn't this same team drop Batchford twice already, though? And brought him back both times because they do worse? I just don't get what they're thinking.

I think last time they were trying to get SLG who decided to stay with Pulse. Could be wrong though.

As LockOn said, KoTH is literally nothing like Strongholds in any sense other than the fact that there are controllable zones on the map.

And just like Oddball/Richochet, there is no confirmation that KoTH will be purpose-built on the current maps, so don't expect it for competitive play until we see how they've set up the gametype.

At the very least they should bring those to the Social Skirmish playlist (along with Assault because why not).

Strongholds

Capture The Flag

Oddball

King Of The Hill

Slayer

Man, it'll be nice to have a real rotation of differing gametypes. Please make it happen 343.

you're in luck (from NeoGAF):

I think you're going to like some of the playlist changes coming with this update, particularly a philosophical separation in "ranked" vs. "social." Social Skirmish is what I'm personally excited about - I admittedly don't personally care too much about rank, I just want to play a wide variety of games/maps and have fun doing it. Social Skirmish should deliver that in spades (not to mention exciting updates to Action Sack). In "year two" you're going to see a shift in how playlists are being managed and a commitment to more ongoing Forge content integration and 'risk' taking outside of the ranked lists.

• Upvote (+1) 1

EU roster changes have commenced 

Wish Batch could catch a break for once :(

I know, Batchford has consistently been one of the better players on Infused and pretty much their best player when they play on LAN.

I think last time they were trying to get SLG who decided to stay with Pulse. Could be wrong though.

Thats pretty much how i remember it.

Much of worlds will be (hopefully) played on LAN so Batchford would be an amazing pickup.  Already heard that Phlux/Kimbo are running with Snakey, not sure if they have a fourth though.  I could totally see Batchford on Vibe in place of Snakey, would be a great team.

Anyone going to Gamestop for the launch of Halo 5 tonight?

I must have a pretty dry sense of humor because this is the funniest shit I have read on here in a while.

And why does @@Batchford keep getting dropped? He played great for them on LAN last weekend which is where you make your money.  Doesn't make sense???

Strongholds

Capture The Flag

Oddball

King Of The Hill

Slayer

Man, it'll be nice to have a real rotation of differing gametypes. Please make it happen 343.

FTFY.

Seriously, how have we been playing Halo competitively for over a decade and still play Slayer?

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 5

outside of removing stasis, what map changes would you like to see?

I'd honestly like to see some forge maps introduced into the rotation

Please no more Empire SH. I can't take any more.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I would fix stasis first, then play with it a bit.  I don't think its a bad map but they need to make the geometry equal so we can play with it some more and really know.

I agree with @@Bassman, Empire strongholds needs to go.  Is it Bassman like the fish, or Bassman like low pitched sound btw?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone going to Gamestop for the launch of Halo 5 tonight?

Ohyou.PNG

I would fix stasis first, then play with it a bit.  I don't think its a bad map but they need to make the geometry equal so we can play with it some more and really know.

I agree with @@Bassman, Empire strongholds needs to go.  Is it Bassman like the fish, or Bassman like low pitched sound btw?

would you replace it with an empire koth or oddball?

FTFY.

Seriously, how have we been playing Halo competitively for over a decade and still play Slayer?

Why would this be negged? He is 100% right especially in H5 slayer is trash for competitive play. Hasn't been good since CE and is the least competitive and most fluky gametype by a mile.
  • Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Why would this be negged? He is 100% right especially in H5 slayer is trash for competitive play. Hasn't been good since CE and is the least competitive and most fluky gametype by a mile.

it puts more importance on individual skill than other gametypes but that doesnt mean its bad by any means. you can win objective games while being outslayed, but this is the one game that has no forgiveness on deaths. even though i personally enjoy obj games more, i can see why ts has always been in rotation

• Upvote (+1) 9

I enjoy a good old fashion Slayer match between pros. 

• Upvote (+1) 7