CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Curious/random question: Has there ever been a drug test administered at these events after the huge press release about how they're doing drug testing? I ask because this seems like another instance of focusing on everything except for the major structural issues that are harming the ecosystem as opposed to fixing what the players and teams actually want. 

Frankly, I think players should wear pants on main stage but it seems like an odd thing to attack amidst the current state of affairs.

I thought I heard about someone at an ESL event like IEM being tested? Not sure what game or if that's even the event, but I think I heard of it happening once...and even that's a hazy memory lol

I cant believe we are actually discussing pants in Halo tournaments,  this is a first one for this forum. Let them wear w.e they feel comfortable with while abiding by some normal standard. Matching colors? oh  ffs....

• Upvote (+1) 2

ESL hasn't tested since esl one cologne 2015 apparently 

hopefully they didn't abandon the program but it kinda seems that way

Saw your discussion about testing last night on twitter. I pretty much agree with how you feel.

Saw your discussion about testing last night on twitter. I pretty much agree with how you feel.

thanks man i appreciate that, i feel like its a lot less complicated than people think

also i very strongly feel that "we" have a responsibility to protect these competitors from themselves 

Maybe if you could break 10k viewers for a tournament @@Timo I would understand a dress code but I feel like getting people to actually give a shit about the Halo Championship Series is a more pressing issue right now.

You mean the open LAN tournaments that are being streamed on the TO's channels and ESL has no involvement in whatsoever?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know it's been a running joke for awhile that we've been playing Halo 5 Beta for a year, but comparing the bare bones game we got a launch, no Forge, tiny amount of playlists and custom games a shell of what we're used, to what we have now is sad to me. While all the updates are nice it just reinforces the feeling we actually were playing a Beta. It's almost enough to make me wish this game was delayed a year so we could have all the things everyone expects from a Halo game available at the start, maybe the population wouldn't have died so fast.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Interesting to hear about KOTH. 

No idea how it will work in this game though. And having SH already in the game kinda defeats the purpose of KOTH

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No idea how it will work in this game though. And having SH already in the game kinda defeats the purpose of KOTH

Accidental neg, but koth plays nothing like strongholds.

• Upvote (+1) 7

As LockOn said, KoTH is literally nothing like Strongholds in any sense other than the fact that there are controllable zones on the map.

And just like Oddball/Richochet, there is no confirmation that KoTH will be purpose-built on the current maps, so don't expect it for competitive play until we see how they've set up the gametype.

Curious/random question: Has there ever been a drug test administered at these events after the huge press release about how they're doing drug testing? I ask because this seems like another instance of focusing on everything except for the major structural issues that are harming the ecosystem as opposed to fixing what the players and teams actually want. 

Frankly, I think players should wear pants on main stage but it seems like an odd thing to attack amidst the current state of affairs.

For Halo specifically? I have never heard of any type of drug testing happening. I am sure at-least ONE pro would post/tweet about that if it happened. 

Lets get to the bottom of this pants thing before we focus on something as trivial as performance enhancing drugs  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Crazy how many times they'll drop the same player. Absolutely insane they'd drop someone after finishing second.

It's Halo, at least one player will get dropped if you don't place first. 

It's Halo, at least one player will get dropped if you don't place first.

Didn't this same team drop Batchford twice already, though? And brought him back both times because they do worse? I just don't get what they're thinking.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Didn't this same team drop Batchford twice already, though? And brought him back both times because they do worse? I just don't get what they're thinking.

Death, Taxes, and Batch getting dropped from Infused only to get picked back up again.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Lets get to the bottom of this pants thing before we focus on something as trivial as performance enhancing drugs  :simms:

The new standard. 

Screen-Shot-2015-06-07-at-9.45.07-PM.png

Belt is optional.

• Upvote (+1) 3