CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I am literally not mentally capable of giving any less of a shit about matching uniforms with the exceptions of wearing team jerseys if you have an org.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I could see how uniform pants would be annoying just from a comfortable standpoint. Whenever I go 6 and 13 I know it's because I am in constricting clothes or the TV isn't the exact right distance from my eyes. But seriously viewers rarely see your lower half, just make a pants a general request for tournaments.

I am literally not mentally capable of giving any less of a shit about matching uniforms with the exceptions of wearing team jerseys if you have an org.

k

• Upvote (+1) 4

Maybe if you could break 10k viewers for a tournament @@Timo I would understand a dress code but I feel like getting people to actually give a shit about the Halo Championship Series is a more pressing issue right now. 

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 21

Maybe if you could break 10k viewers for a tournament @@Timo I would understand a dress code but I feel like getting people to actually give a shit about the Halo Championship Series is a more pressing issue right now. 

i definitely get the want for professionalism, but comfort has to be more important especially when pros could be playing on stage until 3am :flip:

• Upvote (+1) 9

Why?

I really hope social skirmish is 4v4 and not 5v5

4v4
  • Upvote (+1) 8

No. I haven't. Have you ever made a Halo game before? No? Then don't criticize 343. Have you ever directed a movie? Then don't ever criticize one.

Don't be an idiot. My knowledge of code is limited to <b>this<\b> but here's what I see when I log onto Halo 5.

The game freezes and crashes 1/10 times. The servers constantly fuck themselves nearly weekly. Disconnecting from games and getting kicked to the menu for no reason. UI bugs left and right. Not being able to literally enter a custom game ON MY OWN because it just says "connecting". Entering a warzone game with only a pistol because retrieving data.

I'm sure there's a small handful of talented people but on the whole I would say the issues with 343 extend far past more management. The people themselves that work there as far as I can tell by just looking at any 343 title are clearly not the industry's best. Not their art team, not their sound team, not their multiplayer team, not campaign, not their level designers, I can't think of one aspect of a 343 game that's actually better than a Halo before it.

When did i say you have to be a programmer to criticize? I criticize this game ALL THE TIME. But there are hundreds of people working together to make hundreds of thousands of lines of code work together in a way that brought entertainment to a massive number of people. There are a ton of design issues (a symptom of poor leadership) and several glitches (an unfortunately reality of any massive application). The nature of the Halo sandbox makes it one of the most complicated shooters on the market from a performance standpoint.

So for you to sit in your armchair, and suggest that there's no talent at the studio, despite not even knowing what it takes to write a 'hello world' app wreaks of ignorance. And I'm the one being an idiot?

It's like saying an nfl quarterback has 'no talent' because his stats are poor. Despite the fact that getting drafted means he's proven to be one of the best in the country and despite the fact that there are countless other factors that contribute to his production.

I too dont put 343 up there with the industries best. But when you suggested they have no talent, i was just wondering what your qualifications as a talent about were because the first paragraph of your comment suggested you have NO IDEA what it takes to ship a game. I was right.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I've literally spent the last 10 minutes trying to find details about the HCS NA Finals.....I can't find anything on halo.gg, halowaypoint.com, esl, or hcs twitter.

It's interesting that there are no timely updates outside of weekly scores. having a dedicated hcs recap writer could do wonders for people who want to read about the events and league stories. i found some info on esl's site and on esportswiki, but halo waypoint should be the first place for someone to find out about hcs

I've literally spent the last 10 minutes trying to find details about the HCS NA Finals.....I can't find anything on halo.gg, halowaypoint.com, esl, or hcs twitter.

It is strange as they always say 'go to halo.gg' for anything hcs related and yet it rarely seems to get updated.  Hopefully its something that will improve as they certainly improved advertising for finals tickets in season 2 compared to season 1.  This should be the biggest event of the season in NA but as you said its hard to find anything anywhere.

Does anyone know how tickets sales have gone?

• Upvote (+1) 1

It is strange as they always say 'go to halo.gg' for anything hcs related and yet it rarely seems to get updated.  Hopefully its something that will improve as they certainly improved advertising for finals tickets in season 2 compared to season 1.  This should be the biggest event of the season in NA but as you said its hard to find anything anywhere.

Does anyone know how tickets sales have gone?

Sold out.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Sold out.

Glad to hear this. After shooting UGC Smash and seeing how crazy their crowds get I hope the crowd at HCS NA Finals gets pretty hype!   :fire:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sold out.

Do you know how many seats that place holds?

And to contribute to the pants discussion.... I agree with ESL on this one.  Everybody should wear matchy pants.  I don't think they need to be anal about it, as long as everybody has a similar shade of blue or brown or black or whatever it's fine but part of growing anything is giving a professional look to the people that might be interested in being sponsors.  And those people aren't really esports enthusiasts, they are businessmen looking at a speculative venture into esports.  They are going to want to know that the thing is ran and taken seriously from top to bottom.  They are used to suits and ties and uniforms and dress codes.

Its really not a hard thing to manuever and i'm sure there are people out there that have some sensory issues when it comes to clothing but there are so many affordable options in clothing right now they can make it work.

Edit:  To be clear, this priority on this issue is a 1/10 at most.  There are lots of other things that actually need more attention, but since we were discussing it and its a humorous topic to me, i figured i would weigh in :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Curious/random question: Has there ever been a drug test administered at these events after the huge press release about how they're doing drug testing? 

ESL hasn't tested since esl one cologne 2015 apparently 

hopefully they didn't abandon the program but it kinda seems that way

• Upvote (+1) 1

r/Halo side bar has date and start time that links to twitch.tv/halo, but yeah hard to find information easily about the Halo scene:(