CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ske7ch posted on Neogaf giving a glimpse as to the arena playlist changes we will be seeing. Looks like there's a new philosophy regarding a social/ranked split. Ske7ch confirmed social skirmish. Hopefully that means that Team Arena can be closer to the HCS playlist that we all want it to be. Plus I'm excited for some social skirmish

• Upvote (+1) 7

I can see the argument for matching uniforms, but at the same time I can see the argument against it. I dont think its particularly a big deal in either direction. It wont have any affect on viewership, sponsors, or the players. Its just something to gripe about. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can see the argument for matching uniforms, but at the same time I can see the argument against it. I dont think its particularly a big deal in either direction. It wont have any affect on viewership, sponsors, or the players. Its just something to gripe about. 

The rule isn't there so that mikwen or lethul can't wear their favorite sweats, it's there so that this guy doesn't show up.

Unprofessionallookinggamerwithuglypants.jpg

The irony is you still can't see his pants.

The rule isn't there so that mikwen or lethul can't wear their favorite sweats, it's there so that this guy doesn't show up.

You lost me. This guy as in...me?

Unprofessionallookinggamerwithuglypants.jpg

I was wondering what I did to you:( 

This makes more sense.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it really that hard for everyone on the team to wear something as simple as jeans?

• Upvote (+1) 2

The league mandating a dress code is silly when there are much more pressing issues at hand, and forcing teams to match is just downright weird.

However, I've always believed that wearing sweatpants and the like is sorta unprofessional, and while Halo isn't a super-esport yet, there is no harm in making the broadcast and your sponsors look professional.

It's not a necessity but there's no harm in good appearances.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone know lethuls aim settings? His aim looks so smooth

Standard 4 sens, 2 accel, 0 dead zones I believe.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Standard 4 sens, 2 accel, 0 dead zones I believe.

Don't forget the most important one, 2 inner deadzone.

There's nothing weird about enforcing a dress code. I'm not sure every player should have to wear matching pants but they should atleast be forced to wear matching jerseys/shirts and something other than sweatpants/pajamas.

The little, seemingly inconsequential things add up. How many years into the HCS's life span is it gonna take before someone at ESL takes pictures of each pro player out of their team jerseys so that when eventually they change teams, they can still use the picture with out it looking silly?

• Upvote (+1) 1

No. I haven't. Have you ever made a Halo game before? No? Then don't criticize 343. Have you ever directed a movie? Then don't ever criticize one.

Don't be an idiot. My knowledge of code is limited to <b>this<\b> but here's what I see when I log onto Halo 5.

The game freezes and crashes 1/10 times. The servers constantly fuck themselves nearly weekly. Disconnecting from games and getting kicked to the menu for no reason. UI bugs left and right. Not being able to literally enter a custom game ON MY OWN because it just says "connecting". Entering a warzone game with only a pistol because retrieving data.

I'm sure there's a small handful of talented people but on the whole I would say the issues with 343 extend far past more management. The people themselves that work there as far as I can tell by just looking at any 343 title are clearly not the industry's best. Not their art team, not their sound team, not their multiplayer team, not campaign, not their level designers, I can't think of one aspect of a 343 game that's actually better than a Halo before it.

You are criticizing developers with zero knowledge of the release cycles they have to adhere to and trivializing the complexity of the problems they have to fix. If you really care for an in depth explanation you can shoot me a pm, but as far as their games go; MCC was a joint effort by multiple studios and Halo 4's launch wasn't exactly a shit show, though it could have had more polish. Knocking them on a developmental level without knowledge of their process and/or skill in the craft would be like me insulting a director not the movie the director created, not really fair in my eyes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The league mandating a dress code is silly when there are much more pressing issues at hand, and forcing teams to match is just downright weird.

However, I've always believed that wearing sweatpants and the like is sorta unprofessional, and while Halo isn't a super-esport yet, there is no harm in making the broadcast and your sponsors look professional.

It's not a necessity but there's no harm in good appearances.

To be fair...mandating uniforms probably took a whole 20 minutes out of somebodies work day to decide and write a ruling for, and I highly doubt it was anybody who has the ability to fix the hard hitting issues right now. Otherwise, I agree. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does this pants thing even get enforced?  Is there a fine?  Do you get sent to relegation if you don't match?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does this pants thing even get enforced?  Is there a fine?  Do you get sent to relegation if you don't match?

Auto disqualification and 12 years of hard labor for your family, three generations down. 

• Upvote (+1) 4