CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

LOL ... look, maybe the people who post on these forums have just grown accustomed to it, but noting that this thread and the H5 thread have "a ton of vitriol and negativity" is actually a very tactful and reasonable way of putting it.  From an outside perspective, like from someone who isn't accustomed to reading 100 shitposts per day, this community is ridiculously, absurdly toxic.  The fact that there have been maybe 50-100 constructive posts in a sea of 50,000 shitposts doesn't really mean much.  Josh Holmes actually did answer most of the "hard questions" (lol), it was just with answers that TB forum users didn't like.  

Plus the five-paragraph "constructive" posts that everyone is so proud of are usually (not always) like 30% accurate, 30% H1 fanboyism, and 40% whining bullshit.  I'm sincerely amazed that 343 keeps bothering to stop by here.    

This is so untrue it makes my head hurt. 

When you perpetuate these kinds of ideas it becomes ingrained in people who aren't around here much and then becomes the norm. Nearly every single poster on here has made constructive posts, but why keep doing it when we clearly are an afterthought. So we have fun and post memes and Emma gifs. Those aren't shitposts, imo the only shitposts in this thread at least are all from the alt Cratos accounts. 

The italicized portion of your post is so ridiculous I don't even know where to begin. How is asking for no radar H1 fanboyism? I don't think I've seen a single post saying H5 should be more like H1 ever. As for the whining, you're damn right we're whining, I've essentially spent $500+ based on my faith in 343 and time and time again I've been let down. Excuse me if I want the game I purchased to work correctly, guess I'm just entitled. 

I'm sincerely amazed you bother to keep stopping by if this community is as you describe it, because ya know what Halo has been through way worse than this but if you can't hang with us now, I don't want you around if (done using the word when) Halo becomes big again.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm sincerely amazed you bother to keep stopping by if this community is as you describe it, because ya know what Halo has been through way worse than this but if you can't hang with us now, I don't want you around if (done using the word when) Halo becomes big again.

lol, you're amazed that I'm stopping by this community?  I was on the MLG forums and now I'm here, this is MY community, being ruined by a handful of whiners.  I was here for Ninja's 1v1 Reach streams and all the AGLs, my friend

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 5

lol, you're amazed that I'm stopping by this community?  I was on the MLG forums and now I'm here, this is MY community, being ruined by a handful of whiners.  I was here for Ninja's 1v1 Reach streams and all the AGLs, my friend

Great, then stop acting like a spoiled '11 kid and get with the program. For the record you already changed from "50,000 shitposters" to a "handful of whiners".

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

LOL ... look, maybe the people who post on these forums have just grown accustomed to it, but noting that this thread and the H5 thread have "a ton of vitriol and negativity" is actually a very tactful and reasonable way of putting it.  From an outside perspective, like from someone who isn't accustomed to reading 100 shitposts per day, this community is ridiculously, absurdly toxic.  The fact that there have been maybe 50-100 constructive posts in a sea of 50,000 shitposts doesn't really mean much.  Josh Holmes actually did answer most of the "hard questions" (lol), it was just with answers that TB forum users didn't like.  

Plus the five-paragraph "constructive" posts that everyone is so proud of are usually (not always) like 30% accurate, 30% H1 fanboyism, and 40% whining bullshit.  I'm sincerely amazed that 343 keeps bothering to stop by here.    

Maybe it there wouldn't be so much negativity if this community wasn't ignored for the past two years? 

Just a thought. 

Make a good game, listen to feedback, communicate with your playerbase, and there will be less negativity. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Great, then stop acting like a spoiled '11 kid and get with the program. For the record you already changed from "50,000 shitposters" to a "handful of whiners".

*shitposts

I don't think anyone would be put off by the memes / gifs etc, that's really nothing to do with why caretakers of the community wouldn't want to come here. More to do with the constant cynicism, the people on the lookout for whenever someone pops their head in here, the people that have notepads with quotables from years ago or the people that will post anything even remotely relevant from another scene to show up the current 'state of Halo'. The list goes on and I would post examples but really I don't want to waste my energy.

Feeding negativity in such a way won't really get you so far, in fact I would argue it insulates said community and breeds more negativity - it's cyclical. 

OT- posting in page 1337

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Are we bringing back the join date comments? 

Fucking 08 kids everywhere man I swear.   :kappa:

Did VwS just quit again?!

• Upvote (+1) 2

*shitposts

I don't think anyone would be put off by the memes / gifs etc, that's really nothing to do with why caretakers of the community wouldn't want to come here. More to do with the constant cynicism, the people on the lookout for whenever someone pops their head in here, the people that have notepads with quotables from years ago or the people that will post anything even remotely relevant from another scene to show up the current 'state of Halo'. The list goes on and I would post examples but really I don't want to waste my energy.

Feeding negativity in such a way won't really get you so far, in fact I would argue it insulates said community and breeds more negativity - it's cyclical. 

OT- posting in page 1337

I understand the point about cynicism, because this community can be cynical but I still don't think we can be blamed for that. As far as people on the lookout and people with notepads I have no idea what you're talking about. Usually when someone of prominence comes in here they are treated royally by the vast majority. Obviously there's going to be a few bad eggs, but that's every community. I never disagree with that, I disagree with the idea that this community is a majority of crap with only a few good posters/comments. Which is what the other poster implied. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

CoD is getting a LAN league and is getting $4 million in prizing for 2017.

The stuff MLG does is insane. Also just remember, this could've been Halo.

EDIT: Apparently there's gonna be real announcements for CoD when PSX Invitational starts. That was just the beginning lol.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"I see a lot of great, valid feedback here which is sweet. Of course I also see a ton of the same vitriol and negativity that this community has, for better or worse, become known for."

He is a spokesman for a company and he calls out the community to be vitriol and negative. It is like this relationship is a bad marriage or something. Nope, we are just very passionate customers and they are the company selling the stuff. But hey, it is up to 343 to do and say whatever they want. I can only speak for myself. There are so vast amounts of knowledge and love for Halo on Beyond and it would be smart if 343 starts to  focus on that instead. They can just ignore the shit posts. But no, they seems to take them as reason to not posting here and therefore they can still ignore all the hard questions. From a business stand point I think that is a mistake. But again, that is entirely up to 343.

I just don't understand how you can choose to read it this way. What sketch said is not the same as T2 telling us to quit whining and actually be constructive. There is both constructive feedback *and* pointless negativity on this forum, which is what sketch said. And you acknowledge the negativity yourself. You're clearly aware it exists. So why are you so angry about him pointing something out that we all seem to agree exists?

He isn't even saying like, "you guys will never get responses if you're so negative." He said: "It's important for us (343) to not lose sight of the overall player base that Team Beyond represents even when it's a continued assault of negativity." 

He said, even at our hypothetical, absolute worst case negativity, 343 should still pay attention to us. I don't see how you can interpret that as calling us out, or take offense from it.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Today is the first Halo I've watched in weeks. Disappointing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

CoD is getting a LAN league and is getting $4 million in prizing for 2017.

The stuff MLG does is insane. Also just remember, this could've been Halo.

But Cod sucks so who cares.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

VWS just got counter-quitted by EGO LMAO

Would be some sick karma if Ego won this replay/continuation lol. 

I understand the point about cynicism, because this community can be cynical but I still don't think we can be blamed for that. As far as people on the lookout and people with notepads I have no idea what you're talking about. Usually when someone of prominence comes in here they are treated royally by the vast majority. Obviously there's going to be a few bad eggs, but that's every community. I never disagree with that, I disagree with the idea that this community is a majority of crap with only a few good posters/comments. Which is what the other poster implied. 

I would say there's a prevailing sense of cynicism, especially lately it seems to have peaked. You'll see it when it next happens but if I were visiting here I would be very aware that what I was saying couldn't be taken out of context e.g. "we scrapped traditional Halo" - game design by Frankie, "no bloom, no skill" - trusting in pro player opinion by Ogre2 (the second one wasn't taken out of context but apparently it was never said, just circulated as fact for a few years).

There's no point harping on about it but honestly I think more-so than having a shitty current game (that lets be honest isn't mandatory to be played), people will lose interest in this community by being bombarded daily by tales of woe constantly feeding into the wide sense of negativity.

• Upvote (+1) 4

VWS secures their PL spot.

Fuck man, I still don't think those players should be in, regardless of how hard they just cheesed Egoed.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Really sorry about this series gents, totally out of our control. 1 of the lagouts was down to an internet outrage on a players end. Thank you for baring with us.

Just curious, not trying to be negative or vitriolic but was it ever considered to bring in the relegation teams to Leicester? I know EU tends to not get as much stuff as NA but the amount of commentators and such, especially from foreign countries that are there seem unnecessary when the teams weren't brought in (Unless they couldn't or something I'm which case I'm totally wrong and suck eggs).