CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What happened?

Dan Ayoub went on stage for The Game Awards and fumbled a bit and got a very tepid applause. Halo Wars 2 story looks amazing though. 

Dan Ayoub went on stage for The Game Awards and fumbled a bit and got a very tepid applause. Halo Wars 2 story looks amazing though. 

Because he was nervous or because of the game?

Maybe because he was afraid of getting called out for MCC being a giant fucking scam?

Yeah, I'm sure the audience is going to scream MCC at him.

lmao

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think when they heard 343i/CA are remastering Halo Wars 1 people got Vietnam Flashback with MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Bit of positive news: our local Microsoft store has been hosting "LAN" events for Halo 5. I finally got a chance to go to one this weekend. It was super fun, roughly 40 people came out and competed. 

I already posted on reddit, thought I'd post here too. Great way IMO to build a 'grassroots' scene of some sort, even despite the game not having true LAN support or splitscreen etc. 

15194608_10157873440690434_7474041092881

that looks like alot of fun :O

• Downvote (-1) 1

Because he was nervous or because of the game?

I think the lack of applause threw him off. Must've forgotten to pay everybody. :simms:

Letting a streamer have their own personal brand of justice opens a can of worms for twitch. So in a weird twist, if anything happens to that donor, Ninja is screwed. 

Letting a streamer have their own personal brand of justice opens a can of worms for twitch. So in a weird twist, if anything happens to that donor, Ninja is screwed. 

Twitch is well known for bending rules in favor of large streamers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So which teams are grinding the most heading into the finals? I've seen nV on quite a bit, but don't know about the others.

TJ's chat is the best

wrp6CLr.png

This is the hardest I've laughed in a while. Why is it edited so well lmao

Yeah, I'm sure the audience is going to scream MCC at him.

lmao

I would.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So which teams are grinding the most heading into the finals? I've seen nV on quite a bit, but don't know about the others.

E6 has been playing the best. As for final four, scrims haven't been that frequent. Everything is the same for now
  • Upvote (+1) 1

This. 

What pisses me off is that companies aren't capitalising on what made Call of Duty good and addictive, which was in depth progression. Instead they focus on making their gameplay more like CoD. It's stupid.

If Halo 5 didn't have randomised weapon skins, but instead each skin was earned a certain way (e.g. 500 headshots with the weapon, get the orange skin) the same way Call of Duty does it (so many people grinded for Dark Matter in Black Ops 3) people would grind for days.

Not only do you play the game just for fun, but you have these tiny mini-games within it (going for weapon skins/armour unlocks by in-game challenges). 

The REQ system is infuriating. Grind to get 10k REQ points, unlock a fugly piece of armour and a plasma pistol. Fucking woohoo. 

Halo 3 was carried by incredible social features and a strong competitive scene, imaging if they took that base game (or better yet, Halo 1 or 2) and added progression over the top instead of useless gimmicks that polarise the community.

First of all i just want to say we are in complete agreement about progression based unlocks, but there is a substantial amount of research pointing to the addictive nature of randomised content unlocks.  Its effectively a form of loss-free gambling (unless you pay with real money of course) with a pay element.  This along with said research is probably the main driving force behind this kind of unlock system.

I would love it if they went back to progression based unlocks but i cant see microtransactions going anywhere in the near future.  Hopefully they can make things into more of a mixture as a compromise but i wont hold my breath.

• Upvote (+1) 2