CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Its insane how much more fun this game is when you have people calling out in your team. #RemovePartyChat

Haven't really had much time to look into the whole "clubs" or "looking for group" features but I'm sure you can look for a group with mics and party up. Just make sure they're around your skill level lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

well that most certainly is an issue but you shouldn't generalize it, other games are stil motivating despite lack of time and getting older (Gears, BF1) but as for Halo, I just don't have the drive to play Halo the current versions since Reach for a time period longer then 3 months (which is a quite a generous estimate already)

It's not like I lost interest in Halo, I sometimes start the game just to look at the main menu and realize that I don't want to put up with the stuff that Halo has to offer at the moment, neither technical nor gameplay wise and switch back to other games or a movie...

Yeah, Halo 5 in its currert state def isn't a game that you would jump in for couple of quick fun matches.

But still. As far as my memory go, I don't remember playing Halo alone. It was more like there wasn't enough room in party most of the time, so there were like 2-3 parties of my friends running games. Now its just solo. Would there be more ppl if H5 was more polished ? Sure. But that wouldn't change the fact that ppl just move forward and you will loose the drive as years go. There is so many ppl just hanging around, reading forums, following Hcs, but not really playing anymore. Man, for some folks here its been over 10 years. Someone who started to play Halo at 35 could be nearing 50. Some things never change but some things do. Shit I am getting way too much sentimental.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes it was against the ToS but it's all cleared up and Ninja isn't getting banned/suspended.

Extremely lucky. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm sure that there are people that would be fine if nothing significant changed from game to game, but personally, and I don't speak for everyone obviously, I want evolutions of Halo's formula that enhance what was already enjoyable about Halo and convoluted movement gimmicks that all require you to lower your weapon and input 4-5 buttons to make a jump does is just not that. There are plenty of options for increasing movement skill and depth in Halo that don't involve stubbornly trying to make CoD-style mechanics work in a team-based, Arena-inspired FPS. Change for the sake of change (or, "innovation," perhaps) is not what any franchise needs.

I think H5 could be a far better game overall if 343 would meaningfully implement feedback on their mechanics and features from places other than r/Halo.

Its a shame too that they dont discuss the movement on the forums or seek feedback on this very important aspect of the game. On the epic forums for the new UT that is probably the most discussed topic that the devs have responded to. I still feel the movement is too slow. I miss double jump and dodge but at least I know the dev is listening to mine and others complaints. Its shocking to me in general just how little 343 is willing to discuss core issues with their community, that has always been a major deterrent(even with Bungie) on why Halo has not progressed as a competitive title while others have. It shows a blatant disrespect to the community and desire to improve their own game. Heck, Even Bungie had weekly updates though that occasionally delved into design decisions.

I know for certain that with a few meaningful but necessary tweaks, that the community and 343 could probably meet a common ground on the "sprint issue", the overload of animations in H5, and map design in general but no head-way will be achieved as long as the dev is silent.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Uninstalled Halo 5 today. Feels weird to say this but MCC is actually the superior product right now. I get less disconnects and lag playing it, the maps are so much better and there's enough content to keep me sucked in for hours. Most of the issues I get now are things like emblems not showing up, which I can deal with.

Halo 5 is fun to watch pros play but if Worlds 2017 or Season 3 of PL doesn't see some serious fixes and a change in format I probably won't watch. Also, why the hell is H5 almost 100GB given it is so bare-bones? My girlfriend is getting me Titanfall 2 for Christmas, from what I've seen and heard of that game its far more worthy of taking up my hard drive space than Halo 5 :/

• Upvote (+1) 7

Well thats random.

Remember when Skype tweeted out they'll be chatting with Contra after the Summer Finals, even though Contra wasn't at Summer Finals?

Good times

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Remember when Skype tweeted out they'll be chatting with Contra after the Summer Finals, even though Contra wasn't at Summer Finals?

Good times

Contra was bamboozled...

Random but do you guys still play anymore? I stopped for the part a couple months back when my friends did. I hop on now to just to make sure our FFA gametype hasn't reset (happens from time to time). Was curious, while this game is technically better competitively than Halo 4, I just have no drive to play it at all. Just something about it never truly felt "Halo" to me when playing. It's a great sci-fi space shooter though.

I'm late to this party, but my last game was a month ago. I had already played 3 games that had a lag out, but in that last game time would literally rewind. Every 90 seconds or so in Fathom CTF, I would go backwards to my position 5 seconds before. I don't know how to explain it without comparing it to Quantum Break. So damn aggravating. I've played Titanfall 2 and whatever free games MS drops. Halo is the game that got me to buy an Xbox and to have it in this state makes me so sad.

I'm late to this party, but my last game was a month ago. I had already played 3 games that had a lag out, but in that last game time would literally rewind. Every 90 seconds or so in Fathom CTF, I would go backwards to my position 5 seconds before. I don't know how to explain it without comparing it to Quantum Break. So damn aggravating. I've played Titanfall 2 and whatever free games MS drops. Halo is the game that got me to buy an Xbox and to have it in this state makes me so sad.

This is starting to sound like a meeting for Halo addicts trying to recover.

• Upvote (+1) 8

and here i am still loving every second of my time with halo :P

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Extremely lucky. 

Exactly. I like Ninja, but the bias is very obvious and sad to see.

Any other lowly streamer does that and they at least get suspended. I'm not against what Ninja said really, I've heard worse, but I am against giving away personal info to hundreds of people.

Fuck that donator though.

Hi my name is Craneteam and I have a Halo problem...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Currently watching TNF and they showed a preview for Jimmy Fallon. I looked up and saw that Emma was going to be on there, but sadly it was Emma stone... :(

Its insane how much more fun this game is when you have people calling out in your team. #RemovePartyChat

You can't talk to your fire team in menus without party chat (or some external app). Sorry, but no thank you. If 343 makes H5 works like halo should then fine--remove party chat.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Been clean from this shit called "Halo" for nearly 4 years now and never been better.

:lxthul:

"Hi, I'm Killmachine, and I'm addicted to Halo"

"Hiiiii Kiilllmachiiiine"

• Upvote (+1) 4

I dont really seem to enjoy any other games other than Halo. I've given them all a try but I always get quickly bored and go straight back to Halo. Its kind of a shitty situation because Halo 5 is the most stressful game ever.

Literally my life man. I think the toughest part is I will have literally more fun playing halo 5 than any other halo one game, then the very next game I want to throw my xbox out of my window. No game has done that to me more than this game. 

It's scary how accurately this portrays me. The only thing keeping me from uninstalling the game completely is to hop into Warzone to still get Achilles with a bunch of friends in our company. I will not touch arena with a 10 foot pole until the game is fixed and unfortunately I don't see that happening #feelsbadman

On a side note if what the person who gave us the update on ninja is accurate, the person who donated gave their info which Ninja just repeated to stream. That isn't without permission if you stupidly post your info in a donation. I know people love to hate on Ninja but damn not seeing anything wrong with this one. Screw anyone that thinks racism is okay even if they're just trolling on twitch

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

It's scary how accurately this portrays me. The only thing keeping me from uninstalling the game completely is to hop into Warzone to still get Achilles with a bunch of friends in our company. I will not touch arena with a 10 foot pole until the game is fixed and unfortunately I don't see that happening #feelsbadman

On a side note if what the person who gave us the update on ninja is accurate, the person who donated gave their info which Ninja just repeated to stream. That isn't without permission if you stupidly post your info in a donation. I know people love to hate on Ninja but damn not seeing anything wrong with this one. Screw anyone that thinks racism is okay even if they're just trolling on twitch

He shared someone's personal information on his live stream which is against Twitch's terms of service. Come on, man. 

He was in the wrong, it's ok to admit that.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

He shared someone's personal information on his live stream which is against Twitch's terms of service. Come on, man. 

He was in the wrong, it's ok to admit that.

On top of that, are we even sure it was that guys personal info?

Was it possible that he posted a fake address or even someone elses? I don't know how twitch's donation system works.

• Upvote (+1) 1