CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think it's not as black and white as people are making it out to be with movement vs. gun skill.

Both have merits. I personally love H5's movement, I just think that some small tweaks would make the world of difference. Less spartan charge magnetism, better map design around movements, etc. And that's coming from someone who was strongly opposed to the idea of keeping any spartan abilities.

• Upvote (+1) 5

There is no reality show without (e)girls. Where the egirls in Halo at?

Good one.

I think it's not as black and white as people are making it out to be with movement vs. gun skill.

Both have merits. I personally love H5's movement, I just think that some small tweaks would make the world of difference. Less spartan charge magnetism, better map design around movements, etc. And that's coming from someone who was strongly opposed to the idea of keeping any spartan abilities.

Watch out Halo Purists will burn you alive.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Watch out Halo Purists will burn you alive.

To be honest, I get both sides of the coin.

On one hand, people feel that Halo has core tenants that don't need new or fancy things and I can see how that is a positive mindset about Halo as a whole. Feels good to have a set direction for a series of games.

On the other hand, I think that a lot of people would be fine with a basic reskinning of each game every 2 years. The whole point of a new game is to add new or different things.

All I know is that I have fun when Halo 5 works properly. But I know I could be having a lot more fun if some incremental changes were made.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To be honest, I get both sides of the coin.

On one hand, people feel that Halo has core tenants that don't need new or fancy things and I can see how that is a positive mindset about Halo as a whole. Feels good to have a set direction for a series of games.

On the other hand, I think that a lot of people would be fine with a basic reskinning of each game every 2 years. The whole point of a new game is to add new or different things.

All I know is that I have fun when Halo 5 works properly. But I know I could be having a lot more fun if some incremental changes were made.

I'm sure that there are people that would be fine if nothing significant changed from game to game, but personally, and I don't speak for everyone obviously, I want evolutions of Halo's formula that enhance what was already enjoyable about Halo and convoluted movement gimmicks that all require you to lower your weapon and input 4-5 buttons to make a jump does is just not that. There are plenty of options for increasing movement skill and depth in Halo that don't involve stubbornly trying to make CoD-style mechanics work in a team-based, Arena-inspired FPS. Change for the sake of change (or, "innovation," perhaps) is not what any franchise needs.

I think H5 could be a far better game overall if 343 would meaningfully implement feedback on their mechanics and features from places other than r/Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Random but do you guys still play anymore? I stopped for the part a couple months back when my friends did. I hop on now to just to make sure our FFA gametype hasn't reset (happens from time to time). Was curious, while this game is technically better competitively than Halo 4, I just have no drive to play it at all. Just something about it never truly felt "Halo" to me when playing. It's a great sci-fi space shooter though.

I think the game is ok and I played a good amount but with how broken it is currently stability wise, I really dont like playing it rn

i don't get it, eli5?

Funny skill argument between a former Halo Pro and r/Halo mod that now both work at 343i.

Me and my local friends still play weekly (since H2 days), but Halo 4 and 5 took an insane nose dive in wanting to get on for most of us. Had a blast with MCC when it worked though. Playing CoD 4 weekly now and the fun is still there in multiplayer gaming.

Maybe it's me just thinking less is more, all these new games like Infinite Warfare and Halo 5 just think piling on stuff is going to bring in the masses, but people just want the pure gameplay and fun without cheap bells and whistles now. People got hyped for MCC, CoD 4 Remastered and BF1 being WW1 for those reasons IMO.

-----

Thanks for the answers everyone btw.

Yep, I have been grinding call of duty remastered. No wall running, flying, levitating, or any of that other nonsense in Halo 5, Black Ops 3, and Infinate warfare. Speaking of remastered, they did a great job with it. Left things as they were. Could you imagine 343 doing something like that? They would ruin it.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

i don't get it, eli5?

Looks like they play at the studio and tweet out the results talking trash to eachother. 

Probably not serious, but I am sure nobody is trying to lose :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm sure that there are people that would be fine if nothing significant changed from game to game, but personally, and I don't speak for everyone obviously, I want evolutions of Halo's formula that enhance what was already enjoyable about Halo and convoluted movement gimmicks that all require you to lower your weapon and input 4-5 buttons to make a jump does is just not that. There are plenty of options for increasing movement skill and depth in Halo that don't involve stubbornly trying to make CoD-style mechanics work in a team-based, Arena-inspired FPS. Change for the sake of change (or, "innovation," perhaps) is not what any franchise needs.

I think H5 could be a far better game overall if 343 would meaningfully implement feedback on their mechanics and features from places other than r/Halo.

I would be happy if Halo 6  was a Halo 2/3 Turbo version with fast movement but no gimmicks and only having the thruster pack to allow to some flashy movement plays and more focused in precision weapons than autos like Halo 5 is.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its insane how much more fun this game is when you have people calling out in your team. #RemovePartyChat

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yep, I have been grinding call of duty remastered. No wall running, flying, levitating, or any of that other nonsense in Halo 5, Black Ops 3, and Infinate warfare. Speaking of remastered, they did a great job with it. Left things as they were. Could you imagine 343 doing something like that? They would ruin it.

Yeah man, I'm sure glad they left all of the silent drop spots.....oh wait.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe I'm a glutton for pain, but despite h5s issues, there isn't a current shooter on consoles is prefer to play. Gears is probably the only thing that comes close.

NOTHING tops that feeling of getting a reversal with a prefect 5 shot (especially if they had BR). Or a perfectly executed setup for power weapons that leads to a comback victory. Or getting a back smack on the OV guy. Or getting an over kill. Or landing a godly sticky.

No other game gives me that feeling of accomplishment when i play. I like destiny and titanfall and bf 1. They do a lot of things better than Halo 5, and are all less frustrating than halo 5. But i don't think they are better shooters at the core.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'd like to clear up the whole Ninja stream incident that happened even though we're pages past that.

The TL;DR version is the donator donated under a racist name (Kill N------) AND posted his own personal information in the donation message (AFAIK). Ninja then read it to the stream out of hatred due to the racism.

Yes it was against the ToS but it's all cleared up and Ninja isn't getting banned/suspended.

Just wanted to make a quick statement is all. You can have your own opinions on the deal, I just wanted to shed some light for you guys.

• Upvote (+1) 9