CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

this 'reality tv' thing makes me feel kinda weird and gross and I can't quite figure out why

maybe it's because we're getting a random reality tv show while basic fundamentals of the game are rotting away (two different groups working on each, I know, still feels weird)

maybe it's because this feels like 343 going "hey, here's how we grow the esport! make a reality tv show" even though I'm sure the group of people who watch esports and the group of people who watch reality tv don't really seem to overlap at all (making me wonder who exactly this is marketed to)

maybe it's because it feels corporate as fuck like most everything else 343 seems to be trying to do with H5 

idk, I feel like I could articulate this better but I'm just kind of weirded out right now

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's like being happy for having an awesome bread machine when the house is falling apart.

i think this is a pretty big deal, way cooler than a bread machine

for me this would be pretty unimaginable a couple of years ago so it's nice to see us headed in the right direction again

i hope they are able to secure a good channel 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That show is going to have a fun time explaining why people are hitting shots when the reticle isn't on target, why melees are missing and why players are randomly 'leaving' games.

LOOOOOOOOOL

'futuristic space magnet bullets'

this is awesome, i can't wait

some of you clowns are so cynical, enjoy something for once

I hope it's like the MLG TV show, which I really enjoyed. Not sure if that was considered reality TV or not, kinda a lose term but I think of a lot of other scripted reality shows. I hope theres a trailer or more info out on what the format will be soon.

• Upvote (+1) 4

i think this is a pretty big deal, way cooler than a bread machine

for me this would be pretty unimaginable a couple of years ago so it's nice to see us headed in the right direction again

i hope they are able to secure a good channel 

How are you or anyone so happy for a show about a game that doesn't even work right? A tv show doesn't mean they're headed in the right direction, well at least for me. I'll feel we're headed in the right direction when they get MLG back involved.

• Upvote (+1) 1

this is awesome, i can't wait

some of you clowns are so cynical, enjoy something for once

I_Want_To_Believe_01.jpg?resize=150%2C15

It's like being happy for having an awesome bread machine when the house is falling apart.

Let's fix the game (yea yea coming soon) and format /hcs before we go deep into this IMO. I'm the biggest Halo eSports fan there is and this season made be stop watching.

imagine this on tv

MuuOSMZ.gif

• Game needs to be fixed first
  • HCS needs to be fixed first
  • The choice words of 'reality TV' is frightening

That's all I can really say about it now. A normal Halo TV show was promised 2-3 years ago and is still radio silent, so I don't see how something even more niche will get off the ground.

I hope it is dope and succeeds but until we see concrete details and understand what the show actually is (once again... "reality TV" Halo?), I'm skeptical.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

played the game for two weeks and then sold it ... maps are shit, snipers are underpowered, a couple of the titans are overpowered, there's no more 8v8 attrition, kill-times are still way too fast + CoD-like, etc.  I dunno man.  TF1 didn't have a lot of replay value but I still enjoyed it more than TF2

Accidental neg on an opinion. I have brought shame to my family  :mj:

The concept of a "reality tv" show would make for good content and growth in the non-endemic market, but there'll need to be massive improvements/adjustments in Halo 5 before it is aired on television. I'm all for the idea and i wish 343 nothing but the best in this future venture. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

• Game needs to be fixed first
  • HCS needs to be fixed first
  • The choice words of 'reality TV' is frightening

That's all I can really say about it now. A normal Halo TV show was promised 2-3 years ago and is still radio silent, so I don't see how something even more niche will get off the ground.

I hope it is dope and succeeds but until we see concrete details and understand what the show actually is (once again... "reality TV" Halo?), I'm skeptical.

when i see halo tv show, i think about forward unto dawn which i thought was really cool. a reality show...i dont need the real housewives of hcs ora search for the next big halo star. we need something like eleague WHEN the game is fixed. hell we wont need a tv show then, we'll just need more well run lans streamed on the halo channel

How are you or anyone so happy for a show about a game that doesn't even work right?

maybe because a few years ago no one gave a fuck and now we are gonna be on tv again?

we are gonna be on TV and people are butt hurt about it, lmao

anyways,

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This show has to be related to Hwc 2017. Like weekly news/stories coverage.

You know, a first testing season before H6 comes out and becomes the most popular esports in the world.

Fuck Titanfall, this is it, this will generate so much income for 343, they will be able to fix all the issues even if they had to write the code from the ground up. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Now if they do it like Real World with @@Cratos, @@StelluR, @@Ninja, @@Naded teaming with Coach Uncle Sudd then I'll literally pay to watch it.

Has to be in a team house - big brother style, the only access to the internet they have is Xbox Live - oh and its a studio apartment. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

maybe because a few years ago no one gave a fuck and now we are gonna be on tv again?

we are gonna be on TV and people are butt hurt about it, lmao

How is broadcasting a broken game and tournament system on TV a good thing? I don't think anyone is butt hurt about it, but I think plenty are annoyed with their priorities.

i think this shows a lot of faith in their 2017 program and their ability to fix the game

i'm no 343 shill but i'd have to believe they are smart enough not to broadcast a broken game to mass audiences 

kinda defeats the whole purpose 

• Upvote (+1) 5

To those of you worried about actual gameplay, I doubt we'll really get any of that. I imagine it'll be team drama and other scene shenanigans like Cratos relegating Stellur etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i think this shows a lot of faith in their 2017 program and their ability to fix the game

i'm no 343 shill but i'd have to believe they are smart enough not to broadcast a broken game to mass audiences 

kinda defeats the whole purpose 

You would think so, but a person would also think that MCC wouldn't still be in an alpha type stage 2 years after release. 343 lives to blow peoples minds..............in the worst way

• Upvote (+1) 8

It's kind of funny to see Frankie talk about H3A having "diminishing returns," but then they announce this.

Not that I'm complaining. I'll watch every episode. But I just don't see how this can be anything but a money sink when we can't break 10k viewers on twitch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Now all of america gets to see Ace fall asleep and lethuls chat posting spooky booty bangers 

The world is not ready for the mighty cummies  :lxthul: