CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

TFAfu6i.png

Titanfall 2 putting Halo 5 to shame with its latest update.

Everything about Respawn is better than 343 - they actually listen to the community and love their game. They also added an FOV slider and a bunch of other cool stuff. Titanfall 2 is an absolute shooter masterpiece and 343 should feel ashamed with the product we got for Microsoft's budget. 

Also, my Titanfall 2 post from yesterday got deleted lol. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

and restored :simms:

------------------

We honestly don't mind too much OT talk guys btw, just when it drags on for quite a few pages we'll ask to try and bring it back to somewhat HCS/H5 related. I know it sucks because all we ever get now is Coming Soon™ and 2017 will be big blah blah blah. Hope these upcoming tournaments with limited teams are great and we get (good) news soon.

OpTic Top 1.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This. I can't name other shooters that even have deadzone options on consoles. Sure Titanfall's might be "better" but Halo's is more option than most other shooters get lol

I can only imagine a casual player trying to understand what is going on here. This is way too much for a console shooter.

Could not disagree more.  You have to come up with a solid default control scheme first, but giving people more customization after that is never a bad thing.  IMO at the least every shooter nowadays should have sensitivity (vert and hor), acceleration, deadzone and "Curve" controls with a few curve presets. People that don't want to mess with it will stick to defaults.

some racist dude donated $2 in ninjas stream and it said some nasy stuff on the text to speech. this was ninjas reply

.https://clips.twitch.tv/ninja/RealDunlinPermaSmug

Good on @@Ninja

Roy and lunch played the best at Vegas. Eg is really close to being top2. I think they should just replace ninja, because it's clear he's not improving anymore

Ninja doesn't appear to be enjoying the game at a base level (like so many people right now).  Fix the game so its actually fun to grind, and he'll start playing more other than scrims.

It's good that devs acknowledge importance of CE, but almost every shooter after 2001 is affected by CE one way or another, so I dont see your point. It's not like you can compare Titanfall to Halo in any way.

The fact that a non-halo dev has taken their cues for designing an aiming system from CE and the actual halo developer basically canned that system is really saying something.  Sometimes you get it right the first time and just shouldn't mess with it.  Not agreeing or disagreeing, just my 2 cents.  I am glad they acknowledged it.

Is this for real?. Titanfall is a trash game, is basically a CoD with mechs and bots. I don't understand this sudden love for a shit game that has 0 competitive merit.

PSA: Sometimes its OK to play a game not because its the most competitive thing out there, but just because its actually really fun to play.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Everything about Respawn is better than 343 - they actually listen to the community and love their game. They also added an FOV slider and a bunch of other cool stuff. Titanfall 2 is an absolute shooter masterpiece and 343 should feel ashamed with the product we got for Microsoft's budget. 

It also seems like Respawn was able to make some significant changes quickly.  I played the beta and thought it was a step backward from the original so i didn't buy it.

Clearly they have listened to feedback and made significant updates quickly without breaking the game, go figure.  I'll play a bunch during the free weekend and see if i want to buy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

While we are talking about Titanfall 2 and the advance control options, does anyone have any tips/improvments to check out with the settings?  I have only played about half of the campaign and a couple hours of multiplayer, but I thought the default aim settings played pretty well.

Just bought the customization pack on Titanfall for $3. That included 20 skins for your pilot, titans, and all the weapons in the game. Holy shit. Now that's how you do microtransactions.

On Topic: NV Top 1

• Upvote (+1) 3

This may only be funny to me since I've been drinking, and I know I might be spamming at this point but...

https://clips.twitch.tv/towey/BraveMagpieBuddhaBar

https://clips.twitch.tv/towey/PerfectHerdTooSpicy

#LifeIsTow

I just wanna put out my opinion on spamming links from late night halo streams, pleeeeeeease keep doing it. I hate having a full time job and being unable to watch streams anymore because of it. It's the only thing that let's me stay invested in these pros.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

Glad everyone (except the dude that has clearly never played it) is enjoying Titanfall 2. I have been playing it quite a bit and love it. Great design, great gameplay and overall just fun, even when im getting my shit kicked in lol

played the game for two weeks and then sold it ... maps are shit, snipers are underpowered, a couple of the titans are overpowered, there's no more 8v8 attrition, kill-times are still way too fast + CoD-like, etc.  I dunno man.  TF1 didn't have a lot of replay value but I still enjoyed it more than TF2

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

played the game for two weeks and then sold it ... maps are shit, snipers are underpowered, a couple of the titans are overpowered, there's no more 8v8 attrition, kill-times are still way too fast + CoD-like, etc.  I dunno man.  TF1 didn't have a lot of replay value but I still enjoyed it more than TF2

Hey, at least you gave it a shot, so i can respect that. I know some people that just say games are bad and have never even played a minute of the game. Like wut? :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean, the game was made by the minds behind the first modern warfare, so being similar to that is to be expected

• Upvote (+1) 1

Way off topic, but why is this Titanfall 2 game so awesome ? I quess the servers are better for sure but what else ?

the servers are definitely crisp. I have a 20ms ping to the closest one, of which there are 2 for Virginia. Not sure why but ill take it. Its kinda the game that I can get on and relax. Unfortunately I dont think there are any ranked ladders but for a casual shooter its very fun and exciting. Weapon balance seems to be pretty decent, some of the skills (sonar "dart" that gives you a generous wallhack is super annoying and cheesy) are too nooby IMO but most are balanced. A few titans have low skill floors and are easy to "master" while others seem to have a larger skill ceiling with movement and deception element. Im happy with my purchase.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The graphic is supposed to give emphasis to the current title holder, and if they were on the bottom, it would do the opposite of that.

Edit: I based it off the NFL Title Belt graphic https://www.playoffmagic.com/nfl/title-belt/

hwYDdMH.png

How the hell are the browns on here at all

Speaking as a browns fan FeelsBadMan

• Upvote (+1) 1

It also seems like Respawn was able to make some significant changes quickly.  I played the beta and thought it was a step backward from the original so i didn't buy it.

Clearly they have listened to feedback and made significant updates quickly without breaking the game, go figure.  I'll play a bunch during the free weekend and see if i want to buy.

Drastic differences between the tech test and retail. They did a great job. 

TTK is perfect - I turn on people all. And if you call going on a 35 kill streak with a sniper underpowered - that's on you ;)

Final thoughts on TF: It's easy to play but hard to master - something Halo has always been. With Halo 5, it's a different story. It's not a pick up and play game anymore. It takes hours just to get used to the aiming after playing other shooters. 

--

I'm pretty hyped for the finals, but will really miss EG. EG on LAN is an extremely fun team to watch.

ESL why :(

• Upvote (+1) 2

snip

Thx for honest reply. No ladders though ? I guess they'll add them later like they did with the first game ? Did they have any word on that ?

• Upvote (+1) 1

HMMMMMM

I don't see anything with MLG in there. 

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I wonder what the format of that is going to be like. Anything "reality TV" loses my attention immediately. I don't watch much as it is but I'll give this a chance. Go figure, I ask to bring back the focus on individual players to give them identities, and now we get a reality TV show.

Hope to hear more soon.

That show is going to have a fun time explaining why people are hitting shots when the reticle isn't on target, why melees are missing and why players are randomly 'leaving' games.

I was thinking this same thing.  The only way that show works is if ghost melees are fixed, servers are fixed and spectator mode stops being ass.  Settings improvements would be a positive too.  

Hopefully this means they have confidence in their fixes that are coming soon??

• Upvote (+1) 2

According to 343 Industries, eSports is a key pillar of “Halo 5: Guardians,”

this part kind of made me laugh. did they mean pillar in that its a cash grab or pillar in that its something they're passionate about? i swear if halo 5 is on tv in the state its in then it's all over fam

• Upvote (+1) 1

this is awesome, i can't wait

some of you clowns are so cynical, enjoy something for once

It's like being happy for having an awesome bread machine when the house is falling apart.

Let's fix the game (yea yea coming soon) and format /hcs before we go deep into this IMO. I'm the biggest Halo eSports fan there is and this season made be stop watching.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2