CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I want this to be my desktop background.

Also fun trivia associated with Vegas: Eric and Ola are and have been, since 2gre's retirement, the two winningest active players in Halo history (albeit with less tournament wins combined than 2gre). Also, HCS Vegas grand finals resulted for the highest tournament placement ever for 4 players: Huke, Rayne, Spartan, and Penguin.

Another fun trivia: snip3down has won both PGL events.

PGL Indy for H2A with Evil Geniuses and PGL Vegas for H5 EnVyUs

They would have to leave the org to do that. I dont see E6 signing them to contracts if Cratos isn't part of the team. If E6 does get relegated i would say that Bubu and Suspector have a 100% chance of getting picked up and staying in pro league. Shooter has a 80% chance and Cratos has a 40% chance.

All of those numbers are thoroughly calculated, statistically accurate btw. I did NOT just pull those out of my pasty white ass.

Yes I did

Shooter's been their best player this season in my opinion. Bubu is always great but he's missing the duo with Huke.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They would have to leave the org to do that.  I dont see E6 signing them to contracts if Cratos isn't part of the team. If E6 does get relegated i would say that Bubu and Suspector have a 100% chance of getting picked up and staying in pro league.  Shooter has a 80% chance and Cratos has a 40% chance.

All of those numbers are thoroughly calculated, statistically accurate btw.  I did NOT just pull those out of my pasty white ass.

Yes I did

Yeah a new org was sorta assumed. Which I would prefer at this point E6 is definitely not my favorite org and there are a couple others that I think would like to join the seen as worlds 2017 approaches.

and there are a couple others that I think would like to join the seen as worlds 2017 approaches.

the return of renegades?

:intel:  :simms:

the return of renegades?

:intel:  :simms:

You said that and for a second I thought they were banned. But nope RNG is banned from league, Noble from Halo.

Relegation is going to be super interesting, would be crazy to see the half of Worlds Allegiance no longer in the pro scene.

Now that I think about it, none of the runners-up from Worlds are going to be in the Top 4 for Finals.

I bet Bubu, Shooter and probably Suspector would get picked up by pro teams, if they get Relegated.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

You said that and for a second I thought they were banned. But nope RNG is banned from league, Noble from Halo.

RNG might not be banned from League anymore since they are under new ownership.

I bet Bubu, Shooter and probably Suspector would get picked up by pro teams, if they get Relegated.  

If this trio doesn't stick together I could see one of them getting picked up by LG in place of Naded.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly even if E6 makes it through relegation I believe Suspector and Bubu and maybe Shooter should drop Cratos, get a new org, and pick up Stellur. That team would be solid.

Also as I say that I'm realizing how close the teams have gotten in skill level. I believe that team would definitely be better than current E6 but I have no idea how they would place. Could be top 3, could be 6th.

It would take a 3-1 split in order wrestle the league spot away from Cratos, right?

Suspector's stock has fallen a lot since Worlds - didn't really impress this season either even though he had Huke shoes to fill. 

Shooter has been on fire for a while and the only "misplays" or negbombs I've seen from him have been based on his bad internet. Would love to see him end up on EG if Stellur leaves. Does anybody think Ninja & Roybox would benefit from separating? I don't - Stellur is only player on that team who could end up on a better one after this season IMO. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I hope this apparent announcement at finals isn't just a pro league season 3 with a bigger prize pool and more teams. Even if 343 miraculously fixes the servers, bugs, playlists, matchmaking etc, the actual structure will not help H5 comp recover. Here's what I think needs to happen: 

343 need to fix the game and attempt to recover player retention:

• Have a fun game is the most critical point which means party restrictions, social obj/slayer playlists, game breaking bug fixes, server stability optimisations, aiming, PC etc which allows players to have enjoyable experience
  • Listen to feedback regarding gameplay settings and maps (forge potential is there) 
  • Offline xbox LAN and improved spectate/theatre mode which will help community content and esports productions
  • A better progression system that rewards achievements and not absurd playtime for emblems H3's was fantastic
  • Customs games server browser to revitalise the community and showcase H5's potential with returning game modes/features

After these steps are taken H5 needs a fantastic esports structure that encourages players of all backgrounds to give it a go. Just like MLGAdam was saying about how a points based system can encourage higher turnouts rather than AMs grinding a broken game for months to attend a awful tournament to play in another tournament so they can play an online league is mind boggling. Here's some thoughts I have:

• Pro League S2 finals > settings/map review and overhaul to optimize for better gameplay: spawns, weapon times 20 second is wrong, fuels, casters, splinters, grenade quantity, radar, shoulder charge, Autos etc and hopefully some of the fixes aforementioned above.
  • Worlds no longer consumes the such a large share of tournaments prizepools. Instead open LANs with pro points in better locations sanctioned by HCS and partners such as MLG, UGC, ESL etc.
  • ESL can still run pro league and provided the game/settings are fixed it will actually be enjoyable. Have a better finals structure that involves more teams. Consider a Mid-season-invitational so that pro teams can battle out within a lan environment for points etc. 
  • Have all HCS sanctioned events be streamed from the main Halo channel and tourneys promoted better on social media and in game etc to encourage better attendance/atmosphere.
  • Have better player backstories/interviews to build hype and foster viewer engagement to teams,casters, players and storylines etc. 
  • Focus on quality open lans with better production, location, management, prizepools, pro points etc. 
  • Reward casual viewership/attendance with ingame items and hopefully they can be invested in the scene
  • Promote the game with sales, free weekends, crowdfunding community goals, fantasy integration (with lan stats!), exp/rp bonuses before and after worlds. Continue throughout the 2017 season with content updates and hopefully the game can grow. 

Just a bunch of ideas to brainstorm. Shoutout to you guys for keeping this entertaining. I really do think the community can push for good change. Cheers all!

• Upvote (+1) 5

HCS Vegas grand finals resulted for the highest tournament placement ever for 4 players: Huke, Rayne, Spartan, and Penguin.

Falcated's 3rd place was his highest as well

• Upvote (+1) 1

eUnited will be looking at signing a Pro League team, once things calm down with our NACS team we will be hunting :)

• Upvote (+1) 7

Get to work with ReDeYe.

I think I've peaked.

ReDeYe gets to work with you. He's peaked.

• Upvote (+1) 6

so awesome, i can't wait for this weekend

does anyone know the start time for the stream?

12PM GMT for Saturday, not sure on Sunday. I'll get back to you. 10AM GMT for Sunday.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It would take a 3-1 split in order wrestle the league spot away from Cratos, right?

Well cratos would definitely need showtime to stay onboard, then yes it would require a 3-1 split, otherwise it could just be a 2-2 split and showtime would be the decider.