CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Damn wish this was a thing at HCS events. Faruuq is the man.

https://clips.twitch.tv/gearsofwar/ShyTurtlePanicVis

Edit: also almost 20K viewers for Grand Finals. No idea on crowd numbers or numbers for other platforms besides twitch. Sucks that no one is in TB chat :apg:

21k on Twitch now, not counting their other platforms too. Well done Gears and MLG!
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Man, I want to support Gears and eSports, but it's hard to see them doing everything right while 343/ESL practically does everything wrong.

Stop witch hunting.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Let's go! Glad you guys are tuning in

MLG never ceases to amaze me with its production value! I'm just praying Halo can come back in the future!

• Upvote (+1) 4

25K viewers baby! I'll admit in the past I wasn't hot on Gears, but this event has changed my opinion. Really great job on it and looks like you are building on something. 

21k on Twitch now, not counting their other platforms too. Well done Gears and MLG!

25K now on Twitch. I wonder how many seats are in the venue they looked decently filled. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

MLG never ceases to amaze me with its production value! I'm just praying Halo can come back in the future!

• Upvote (+1) 5

I have never watched nor played GoW in my life but the support you've shown this community despite how 343 have treated MLG in recent times has me tuning in tonight and in the future too :)

• Upvote (+1) 4

serious question: did the stream hit over 10k yesterday or Friday? didn't get to watch all day.

serious question: did the stream hit over 10k yesterday or Friday? didn't get to watch all day.

12 Friday 16 Saturday

• Upvote (+1) 7

I was going to bring this up, I nerd out a little whenever I hear the Gears casters bring up an old Halo thing. They mention it at the end briefly, but in Gears they also have their own version of strongsiding.

I don't know, makes me feel accepted by the different community in a sense. Like they're making an effort to make me interested in their game.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The stream and venue are on point. Huge props to the whole MLG team.

I was going to bring this up, I nerd out a little whenever I hear the Gears casters bring up an old Halo thing. They mention it at the end briefly, but in Gears they also have their own version of strongsiding.

I don't know, makes me feel accepted by the different community in a sense. Like they're making an effort to make me interested in their game.

I agree with the last part of your post a lot - as I mentioned before, this my first time ever watching a Gears match, and its extremely weird to me IMO compared to Halo (although nonetheless I'm enjoying myself. But when I heard the commentators mention T2 and StrongSide I immediately felt at home and became a lot more invested in the match.

• Upvote (+1) 4

almost 30k on twitch, looks like gears will grow well.

It's so nice to see that an Open LAN run by MLG for a dead game (Gears eSports was dead, not the franchise) pulls more viewers than Halo.

It pretty much confirms what we've speculated about if 343 went with MLG.

• Upvote (+1) 5