CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Combine wouldn't be a bad idea for HCS. 

That shows how far ahead of their time MLG was. 

T2 was on Dr. Pepper cans across the country for god's sake....

League of Legends just announced an AM scouting combine too. Not as open as MLG's but still a huge opportunity for top players. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think its incredible that a game like Melee can fill halls with thousands of fans to watch people play an old game (albeit really good one) that still has an evolving meta and pull 40K on Twitch. 

If melee can do that without much developer support I believe Halo can do it as well. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Combine wouldn't be a bad idea for HCS.

That shows how far ahead of their time MLG was.

T2 was on Dr. Pepper cans across the country for god's sake....

Adam posted this I believe, but I always thought the Combines were a great success, mainly due to people like Lethal who came out of that system and are dominating the game today.

No clue if they made sense on the business end, but they did a great job weeding out future top players.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Anyone got a scrim schedule for tonight?

I saw someone post EG vs CLG is happening tonight. Not sure on time.

Edit: Liquid should be scrimming at some point tonight according to Spartan's stream title.

2nd Edit: CLG v EG at 10 EST per Lethul.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Adam posted this I believe, but I always thought the Combines were a great success, mainly due to people like Lethal who came out of that system and are dominating the game today.

No clue if they made sense on the business end, but they did a great job weeding out future top players.

Watching that video I recognized Randa, Lethul, Swift Kill, and Ryanoob. 

NFL uses Combines for a reason. They are good to get viewership during low points for news and help to showcase otherwise unseen talent. 

@@LethuL came out of the combine too, he's not bad

:kappa: 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just watched all the old combine vids a few weeks ago when i was bored. I forgot how heavily they were trying to promote Adrenaline in those. He just kind of disappeared one day as well as Amish.

League of Legends just announced an AM scouting combine too. Not as open as MLG's but still a huge opportunity for top players. 

I like that it's closed off even to challenger scene talent.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just watched all the old combine vids a few weeks ago when i was bored. I forgot how heavily they were trying to promote Adrenaline in those. He just kind of disappeared one day as well as Amish.

Anyone remember reliable?

Funny how tonight's scrim can be the best chance yet to see how good new EG is, or a fairly useless one. If they take some games, pretty impressive and positive, they're not just beating up on Optic or whoever. If they only win one or two, though...well, it's CLG, nobody wins etc etc.

Hope they take a few games, it's been a little up and down, but I think the potential is there. They were quick to debate even after the games they won last scrim, not necessarily angrily but arguing about what the best decisions are in certain situations. Feel like they'll benefit even more than most teams from ironing those team decisions out as they keep playing.

Just realized 2050 Chat is during CoD Champs, great planning :huh:

Completely agree,  2050 brought us on to help with the event after the venue was locked in, did my best to get the dates changed but was a no go. :/  Are you going to be able to make it out Ray or are you going to Cod XP? Would be cool to see you again, it has been a bit. 

Watching that video I recognized Randa, Lethul, Swift Kill, and Ryanoob. 

NFL uses Combines for a reason. They are good to get viewership during low points for news and help to showcase otherwise unseen talent. 

there was also Crimsix's old duo, Twin Savior. Oh and Blaze.

Crazy to think 3/4 of Infamous was in that video.

Completely agree, 2050 brought us on to help with the event after the venue was locked in, did my best to get the dates changed but was a no go. :/ Are you going to be able to make it out Ray or are you going to Cod XP? Would be cool to see you again, it has been a bit.

I'll be at home watching both :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm 6'4" and fully fucking tatted bro. 

He said he's at every event....so basically confirms there are two of him.  :wutface:

I just do not like online halo in general. Even with the cups I just think having so much focus on online halo is silly. With that said I understand what they are trying to do in building an actual structure with the pro league. I'm glad we have some LAN events between everything as well. I just think for s2 finals we should see relegation on Friday and whatever 2 teams win between the 4 should compete with the other 6 at finals. Pro league should be used for seeds not to determine who should be allowed to compete at a "finals tourney" 

What about my suggestion that ARs off spawn should only have one mag?

@@LethuL    @Mikwen 

Funny how tonight's scrim can be the best chance yet to see how good new EG is, or a fairly useless one. If they take some games, pretty impressive and positive, they're not just beating up on Optic or whoever. If they only win one or two, though...well, it's CLG, nobody wins etc etc.

Hope they take a few games, it's been a little up and down, but I think the potential is there. They were quick to debate even after the games they won last scrim, not necessarily angrily but arguing about what the best decisions are in certain situations. Feel like they'll benefit even more than most teams from ironing those team decisions out as they keep playing.

EG tied 7-7 with e6. dont know why people think theyre some scrubs holding on. They can still compete

Omg I'm dying 

My coworkers asked me why I was laughing so hard. But then I would have to explain the context and what HCS is and then they'd think I was strange...

Glad I have beyond to discuss these things as no-one in my "real life" gives a shit.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Promotion is key but production and talent has gotta be spot on to hold those concurrents.

Has there been any significant overhauls to the NA stream? To be honest I would rather the EU talent cast the NA matches, and I don't think I'm really alone in that opinion either. Have their also been any discussions about using more engaging content for downtime? I really don't give a shit about Forge maps that I'll never play, and I can't imagine many people tuning in really do either, at least not the fourth or fifth or twenty fifth time.

Also fuck those dumb ass clips set to royalty free music holy shit those are hot garbage.

Pay Clicked to use his content.

Also the interviews afterwards kinda become generic and turd filled unless Elamite is meme'd out with a pro and they can joke around.

I dunno man just my shitty thoughts on the matter, dunno if any of that has been addressed.

Also give Strongside some fucking cocaine and a thesaurus before the broadcasts thanks.

What about stream highlights of Naded playing forge maps/mini games with subs?