CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

They're having a Black Friday sale currently that extends through the weekend.

Is the premium worth it or is it really not a difference?

Yes, MDR2 & Egoed look strong but new names always turn up when open circuit gets the spotlight. Prophecy have looked susceptible to teams that like to play agressively in the league and aggression is found in oodles within open teams so I'd put money on seeing at least one new Pro team after relegation (if I was a betting man that is )

Something about open finals that makes certain players thrive, one of my favourite tournament days of the season. Might not grab all the views but it's always a good watch.

Flamez is gonna go huge again, I still think MDR are going to take it though. It'll be close.

its almost like Epsilon got 3/4th a week before at the EU Finals too, but hey people forget that as they was so "special" at worlds lol

Nothing against what Epsilon did at worlds but I would have taken their group over ours everyday of the week.

@@Jimbo noob

• Upvote (+1) 7

its almost like Epsilon got 3/4th a week before at the EU Finals too, but hey people forget that as they was so "special" at worlds lol

Nothing against what Epsilon did at worlds but I would have taken their group over ours everyday of the week.

@@Jimbo noob

Salty much ??. Epsilon is going to be the best result ever for an EU Team. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Help us @, you're our only hope

tumblr_lkot6w6QHJ1qcrzkko1_500.gif

seriously, the fact that you are still so passionate about this game should give you another shot at running halo

i got u baby

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Jimbo noob

You dropped two maps against an AU team, who practically have to but second Xbox just to match make and practice against AFKs, surely youre the noob fam :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's like you guys can't stand that certain weapons have advantages over another. Why shouldn't an ar win an close battle?

Why shouldn't a shotgun/h4 boltshot/scattershot win a close battle? Well, they should. Should we spawn with them? The argument isn't whether close range weapons should be good at close range but whether we should spawn with easy, skill-free weapons that dominate at close range in a game with crouch-walking and radar.
  • Upvote (+1) 9

People acting like 343 is gonna listen to anyone here and Fire an employee just bc we said they should...

What in our long and storied time together has lead you to believe that 343 would listen to us on anything? Let alone an employees status.

Also stop using the word witch-hunt. Saying someone sucks at their job and should be replaced is not a witch hunt. It's an opinion. Like damn.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.jpeg

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@Jimbo noob

You would have gotten smashed by c9 fam

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

The AR only needs to be nerfed and just used like a cleanup weapon or removed completely (I don't mind the AR), Splinter nades need to just lower someones shields or just be removed along SMGs, Plasma Rifle and Storm Rifles.

My biggest issue with the AR is the range. Lets say I have my pistol out and run into a player with an AR. I should be able to thrust backwards and create enough distance that pistol could have greater chance of winning that fight. I try doing this in game now but I still loose the fight most of the time. Even against an SMG. The SMG range needs to be cut down as well.

• Upvote (+1) 3

He is playing in the kiddie league and thinks he is good.

he is good though. it's not like what he does is easy, it's just that NA players are on another level.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You've got to remember that Epsilon only had to beat Triggers Pound at worlds for an almost guaranteed top8. Even at that time I don't think Triggers Pound were truly a top8 US team, maybe not even top16, they had one of the easiest pool at NA regionals to make it.

It's hard to compare Fab to Epsilon since the level of competition has changed so much. But at Vegas last week Fab beat Pnda 3-0 as well as GS (also 3-0 I believe), who are both strong teams. They took a game from Str8 who have been on form recently and Liquid and nV were in a class of their own at that event.

The reason the Buks have dropped off so much is because they both have full-time jobs and cannot practice nearly as much as the rest of the league, added to the fact they've gone from teaming with Jimbo & Snipedrone to Flamez & Vexzeus, who are by-no-means bad, but definitely a step down from before.

In my opinion, Fab are better than Epsilon were, but like I said it's hard to make comparisons on teams that were playing at different stages of the game.

I got your points and you are propably right about everything. But it wasnt just worlds they also took down Renegades at xgames i think ? What i want to say, it was no coincidence they were winning.

• Upvote (+1) 1

FabE is the best EU team yet, for sure. Epsilon was very good, but, they played a style that worked extremely well early on in H5, but has since fallen off since everyone went on to mimic CLG's playstyle. FabE plays a NA style, just not as well as NA team's, but well enough to dominate EU. Fine details and they'll actually be able to compete with the top 6 at least

Them dropping Kimbo, strictly from a skill standpoint was a fuck up though. Dude is actually super talented.

When Infused give FabE their first loss of the season, I couldn't stop laughing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Only thing that can save halo 5 is E6 pistol skins.

I dont even think Cratos destroying his set up at Relegations after getting 4-0'd could save H5.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There is this statement that is getting thrown out a lot, "Halo 5 is the most balanced halo game."

Which I personally disagree with (I think halo CE had the best weapon balance) but how credible is this statement?

There is this statement that is getting thrown out a lot, "Halo 5 is the most balanced halo game."

Which I personally disagree with (I think halo CE had the best weapon balance) but how credible is this statement?

It certainly has more useful weapons compared to previous Halo titles.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would say that it's accurate (ignoring CE since it is a completely different beast). Most weapons in the game can actually be used in a competitive setting, which has never been the case with a Halo game before. There are of course some weird things (suppressor is really in a weird place for example) so it isn't perfect, but it is certainly more balanced than H2/H3/Reach ever were.

It certainly has more useful weapons compared to previous Halo titles.

but then we have incredibly OP weapons like the storm rifle.

And to also mention that the AR's effective range is too big, IMO