CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The ESRB rating absolutely effects age limits for competing.

CoD is 17+ because of it, Halo was 13 for worlds because of it being Teen.

Why it's changed is beyond me.

The multiplayer portions of games are unrated. If a TO wants to use ESRB "guidelines", that's on them. All it would take is a waiver to make it ok otherwise.

If anything, TOs just don't want to deal with varying child labor laws.

The multiplayer portions of games are unrated. If a TO wants to use ESRB "guidelines", that's on them. All it would take is a waiver to make it ok otherwise.

I'm pretty sure the rating relates to everything contained in game.

I'm pretty sure the rating relates to everything contained in game.

ESRB tells you what they rate for each title.

Also ESRB ratings aren't universally legally binding. They are just guidelines.

I had a feeling this would happen, and when you factor in where we are in the year there's a good chance we see nothing resolved for a couple of months.My counterpoint would be that changes to settings etc are not handcuffed to fixing things like ghost melees and server issues.

From that tweet it makes it sound like the same people working on big fixing are also in charge of settings and that's super confusing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Have you guys lost your minds?

Excluding ghost melees and disconnects, the game is great.

Let's stop with the negativity.

Please don't be mean to Quinn, he's been working so hard.

Maybe the problem isn't 343, its us constantly complaining here.

Eventually, I'm sure the bugs will be fixed and we'll all enjoy the game!

Negged before seeing the secret message.

Going to make it up elsewhere.

• Upvote (+1) 4

TIL shitty settings aren't "fundamentally damaging"

Why cant they make the settings better AND fix the netcodw?

Good lord! Its like you expect them to have different teams working on different parts of the game
  • Upvote (+1) 2

WOAH WOAH WOAH TWO THINGS AT ONCE???? THEY ARENT MAGICIANS YOU KNOW

This kind of toxic attitude is exactly what got 343 elected.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

sqt4Vun.jpg

Hey all! It's been awhile since I've gotten the chance to make this post again but here I am! I flew myself out to HCS Las Vegas to photograph the event and enjoy some great(and super long) Halo action! 

I enjoyed the event overall but the only thing I didn't really enjoy was the super long hours :/ I ended up staying the entire time Day 1, I left at like 1:00 am Day 2, and stayed the whole time Day 3 till 3:00am. I just stayed up because I had to catch a flight at 9:30am lol

I tried to focus on AM and PRO for this event similar to how I did with PGL Indy. I wasn't working with 343 this event so I was kinda cautious where I would go. Most of the AM side nations were blocked off and wouldn't let me through because Im guessing the space was very small and they didn't want to have the isles crowded(which I totally understand). So I did the best I could and If I didn't get your picture...I really apologize :/ It's hard to keep track of who I shot and who I didn't. 

Lighting was awful on the side stations and was good on the MainStage but they would change It because the lights were affecting the players(which Is understandable).

One thing I still want to work on Is overcoming my anxiety more and getting pictures of people by asking them for their picture(silly I know). I did practice my reaction shots a lot this event. 

But I hope you guys enjoy the album and I seriously apperciate everyones support <3 I'll be skipping HCS Fall Finals because I can't afford to go and I can't find anyone to shoot for that would cover travel expenses. I will on the other hand be shooting my first Smash event next weekend at UGC! 

Hope to see you guys at Worlds! all my practice and studying will be going towards that event and hope to make It my best event ever!

ALBUM: https://flic.kr/s/aHskPt7KgP

Great photos!

But my curse of never having my eyes open or a normal expression on my face continues..... RIP

@@Sandman Your work is awesome as always and continues to inspire my own photography (even though it is a completely different genre, I still find little nuggets of 'wow' in your photos that help me when I'm shooting). Shame that 343 have yet again not flown you out, your work and passion is amazing and they are insane for not hiring you.

I saw they used some of your photos on Twitter and for follow-up posts after the event. Please tell me they paid you for the use of these photos. I hate seeing great artists going unpaid because it's great 'exposure'.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Good lord! Its like you expect them to have different teams working on different parts of the game

I know you're being sarcastic but realistically 343 is probably spread extremely thin trying to fix Halo 5 and continue working on whatever is next, be it H3A or H6 or both. Regardless of which one of those 2 comes next, going by the H5 schedule indicates that by this time next year we will have had or be in the midst of a multiplayer beta for one of these games. A year in development terms isn't much, especially if they're also experimenting with new hardware (scorpio) to see what they can push the new console to do and thus add to the game as scorpio only features (hate to break it to you guys but if split screen comes back, it will be a scorpio only feature).

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'd put people from this thread over at 343, including cooper, and I'm pretty sure I would be more confident in our future at this point. Right now I'm thinking just scrap the next HWC and take the 1m and spread it out with crowd funding still, maybe then at least there will be some sort of longetivity created. But that would have been nice in the beginning of this game so what's the point anymore lets just try to fill our pockets. My idea wouldn't be considered though since I haven't gone to college and gotten a degree in mastering how to create and market games. Also great pictures David they are beautiful.

You're the best, TJ. Good luck at finals!

I'd put people from this thread over at 343, including cooper, and I'm pretty sure I would be more confident in our future at this point. Right now I'm thinking just scrap the next HWC and take the 1m and spread it out with crowd funding still, maybe then at least there will be some sort of longetivity created. But that would have been nice in the beginning of this game so what's the point anymore lets just try to fill our pockets. My idea wouldn't be considered though since I haven't gone to college and gotten a degree in mastering how to create and market games. Also great pictures David they are beautiful.

Yea it's crazy man, you need a masters degree in Halo to even THINK about telling 343 anything. Giving qualified opinions is hard now, we are all just brainless gamers. No one here could possibly give any advice to 343 because we just aren't qualified to speak.

BUT FRET NOT BEYOND FOR I AM NOW CHANGING MY COLLEGE MAJOR TO "HALO". I WILL SAVE THIS GODDAMN FRANCHISE.

Also, 343's wisest decision would be to hire my boy Cooper. That man is a legend.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1