CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hi everyone,

-snip-

Halo esports 2017

Yes, you will know much more about what is to come for Halo esports in 2017 before HCS Fall Finals are over!

What he meant was SoonTM  :simms:

But for real though kinda glad we were given a realistic timeline this time

• Upvote (+1) 1

League of Legends.

I can't believe no one had ever thought of that before, it makes so much sense...

Also MLG made a loss the entire way carrying Halo aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I don't see them around anymore looking to pick up the slack.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 17

Couldn't sleep and was thinking about Halo 5 maps and wanted to start asking some questions in here to see where people's opinions are on a few of them.

What are your thoughts on Empire Slayer? In particular, the weapons and items found on it. What would you like to see changed to improve that map/mode combo?

I have more questions on other maps but I'll limit it to one at a time for now just to keep things focused. Thanks!

From the Halo 5 Arena Gameplay topic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Empire slayer should just be rifles, a storm bottom tower , and combo. That's it and if you must, camo over os. Let it be a map that is mostly about gun skill without the need for power ups or power weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hype casters seem to be doing pretty well in every other major E-Sport.

and in every major physical sport as well... not sure where the dislike of hype casting comes in. 

I'm just relieved that we are getting 2017 HCS info at finals

343 dropped the ball big time by not announcing anything at worlds...

• Upvote (+1) 8

Re watched game 1 wb finals nv v optic, and am baffled how nv lost. 92-47 mikwen has rockets os and then it all goes to hell.

What is also true, is that the viewership for the regular season of Pro League has grown from Summer to Fall by 25%-55% depending on the metric you look at. Hopefully, we can keep making the right adjustments to Pro League that’ll keep increasing your interest and desire to watch it.

@@Timo - thanks for posting and trying to clear some stuff up, but can you please release the metrics that you look at to substantiate the claim that the viewership has grown by up to 55%?  All evidence that I've seen thus far points to the exact opposite.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@Timo let MLG run atleast one event for H5 in 2017 that's all we ask for. Make it a Midwest event and you will see the amount of people that attend will triple the other events this year.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Guys, at least Timo has showed up and is being somewhat transparent.  Please stop with the cafeteria like profanity and rage and try to turn that into constructive feedback now that we have an ear (and know we have an ear).  I seriously agree with most of the complaints here but the way they are delivered is why most of it probably gets brushed over.  Calling this or that "garbage" doesn't help.  Claiming we all have viewership stats doesn't help either.  Just focus on what can really help H5 and tournaments from this point forward and lets get that in front of them.  I'm sure they see the big issues from this thread but PLEASE stop attacking these guys who can actually make a difference.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 5

So last night I played MCC for about 3 hours, Hardcore/H2 playlists, either lagged out or had a teammate quit in half the games I played, and still enjoyed it more than halo 5. H3A save us.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You guys are crazy if you think 343 is going to make all of these major overhauls

Halo 5 is touting itself as an "esports title" with its online league using a spectator mode (for over a year) that doesn't even accurately show where a player is aiming

Think about that

Yes, that is incredibly sad. 

There must be happening something at 343 that is making so many people leave  :thinking:

Also why haven't the bad ones left like Brian Reed or Quinn.

They never do and continue getting promotions. I never understand how people that don't have the passion get such important jobs. 

I wish they would just make H3 backwards compatible already. There's something fundamentally wrong with the MCC version. I don't trust 343 to make a competent H3A game either.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Timo where is your evidence for growth?

Viewership has steadily declined since season 1.

Doesn't @@Moses_FPS have a spreadsheet of the numbers for this? 

edit: LATE lol my bad

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone post the numbers from season 1 viewership? All i can seem to find is season 2 stuff.

I was under the impression there WAS a slight boost in viewership, but mostly due to Optic buying out the #1 team.

Actually, season 2 was much more entertaining than season one, in terms of match quality, but it doesn't appear that bumped viewership much.

Edit: we also need to know what metrics they are using. There where more live events this season, so if they are incorporating that somehow, we won't have an apples to apples comparison.

In terms of Pro Leauge, honestly think ESL has held up its part of the deal pretty well. Main things effecting quality are on the 343 side - theatre, online lag, ghost melees, gameplay settings, etc. These are the things holding back growth.

Glad to see @@Timo in here pretty often, and hopefully ESL can improve timeliness of info / marketing, but that's a relatively smaller problem compared to all the 343 stuff. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Out of interest does anyone have these types of figures for season 1?

Based on the twitch.tv/halo page, when reviewing their old VOD for Season 1, here's what I found (not sure if average/peak/etc)..

PAX East Pro League Invitational - 15,074

Pro League Summer Qualifier - 16,825

Pro League LCQ - 8,907

Week 1 Day 1 (6/02) - 10,545

Week 1 Day 2 (6/03) - 9,129

Week 2 Day 1 (6/09) - 7,149

Week 2 Day 2 (6/10) - 6,314

Week 3 Day 1 (6/16) - ??? Split stream, hard to tell

Week 3 Day 2 (6/17) - 7,963

Week 4 Day 1 (6/23) - 9,515

Week 4 Day 2 (6/24) - 9,181

Week 5 Day 1 (6/30) - ??? Split stream, hard to tell