CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So he "ensured the game is completed on time, within budget, and to agreed artistic and technical standards" and got a promotion.

Broken games are satisfying enough to him. Another sign why you shouldn't buy Halo Wars 2, very good chance it'll be broken. Sad!
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hey 343, at least watch this video to see what exactly it is you are shitting on. Every time I see this it just makes me sad seeing how big Halp used to be. Look at how you guys are handling this game. Look at how little pro players enjoy MM and just playing the game. Look at the game's population. Look at what you did to MCC. Look at what you are doing to this entire community. PLEASE just give at least ONE shit about this game. Please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-Xccpdiu0o&ebc=ANyPxKq_xXxsNiASUczLaN-itFjj1skyppnnn3Pq1wKlTX-EAyD4LH04uZ-YyE0NluuMpEefs0Eb

The last ~45 minutes are just heartbreaking. Look at what was said about MCC and how people wanted H5 to be. Goddamn this shit is just sad man.

I got into competitive Halo (and thusly Beyond) after coming across this video* a couple of months after MCC came out. We're talking the pre March 2015 patch. Dark times. Things could have been so much better.

*On the Waypoint forums :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 2

While it's fine to be optimistic, it's really too little too late at this point. 343i recently finished making Halo 5 into what should have been Day 1 stuff for the most part. Now we are just hoping for scraps with a real spectator mode and game issues that should have been fixed 4-5 months ago. These issues should have been fixed before Fall season at the latest.

Even with that, they are far into development of Halo 6 at this point anyways. Let's just keep praying Halo 3: Anniversary is real and functioning title Day 1 and not a map pack for Halo 5 in 2017.

We always have HCS Halo Wars 2 to look forward to also.

I don't know, a decent title update and a fairly large content addition could at the very least bring some more viewers to HCS if not revitalize the player population (even if only for a short bit). The way I see it, even if H3A is a thing, Microsoft and 343 still know they have a year of sustaining Halo 5 (if not keeping it on life support), so they'll probably pull some stops to make that happen. The only reason they didn't do the same for MCC is because Microsoft wasn't willing to own up to the mistakes, especially since so many people bought the Xbone for it. Again, I could just be overly optimistic, but I have a slight amount of hope.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know, a decent title update and a fairly large content addition could at the very least bring some more viewers to HCS if not revitalize the player population (even if only for a short bit). The way I see it, even if H3A is a thing, Microsoft and 343 still know they have a year of sustaining Halo 5 (if not keeping it on life support), so they'll probably pull some stops to make that happen. The only reason they didn't do the same for MCC is because Microsoft wasn't willing to own up to the mistakes, especially since so many people bought the Xbone for it. Again, I could just be overly optimistic, but I have a slight amount of hope.

It's the hope that makes it hurt so much  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's been over a year and I can count the number of changes in their Free DLC™ that have benefitted competitive "Arena" on the fingers of one hand (and that's including the idiotic buff to caster/hydra spam). And they are only now "looking into" server problems that have been getting worse for months. How much incompetence do they need to demonstrate before they no longer get the benefit of the doubt?

Is anyone else a little curious as to why 2 studio heads jumped ship in the past month or so?

Seems odd to me, maybe just coincidence.

I also personally have 0 idea who is running anything at this point.

Quinn is next.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I kinda like Quinn. He actually replies to criticism and feedback, even if it's just him being sarcastic. I've even had some nice conversations with him over twitter or in different twitch chats over many things in the game.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think we can go back and forth all day on the issue of casters since it really is a matter of opinion. I  feel like we had the same level of casting as UGC with the same casters. I honestly don't remember these complaints about the casting there.  After watching the PGL cups this season, I honestly feel like Walshy and T2 are the best, most knowledgeable casters we have. No one has to agree with me and yes part of this is fanboy-ism. The guys we have are Halo legends and have played across at least 4 games each. As to Vegas, every part of that tourney left something to be desired. I think the casters had to wade through the same shitty situation as everyone else on the floor. They put in at least 40 hours of work though to bring us what they could and make it as enjoyable as possible. Overall though, I think we have casters that are more than capable. 

I'm just gonna play Overwatch and be happy. 

Or Titanfall 2 - Respawn is great. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Doesn't sound like he got a promotion at all, sounds like he's doing the exact same thing for a different title and the job title was re-worded. 

I guarantee when he's working on Spartan Strike 3: Redux Edition that he'll be something like Studio Head of Mobile Gaming or something. 

Either way, I'm not defending the guy. I just don't think he got a promotion.

After the shit storm that was MCC, he should have lost his job.  The fact that he is still employed at 343 points to a larger structural problem imo.

• Upvote (+1) 7

MCC was such a fucking clusterfuck. No idea how MS/343 could treat their prime franchise like that. Bungie would have never released a game in that condition. 

Old Bungie, yes. New Bungie? New Bungie released Destiny...I'd rather play H4 Infinity settings w/ scattershot starts than play Crucible competitively.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I've been out of the loop for a long time but I'm starting to play H5 again - it's a fun game when you learn to accept the horrible ranking/balancing system. Anyway, is the competitive scene still on life support? It doesn't seem to be thriving and the prize pot fell from over a million dollars to 30k. Can pro's even make a living from playing anymore?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Strongside wasn't good enough for pro league I don't know why all the sudden he's good enough for live events oh no wait I do it's because it's one less paycheck 343 Industries has to cut if he's hooking up Xboxes and tripping over sentences instead of power cords. 

Don't you have some like hockey video games you need to get to casting or something?  

• Upvote (+1) 2

I kinda like Quinn. He actually replies to criticism and feedback, even if it's just him being sarcastic. I've even had some nice conversations with him over twitter or in different twitch chats over many things in the game.

I'm pretty shocked to find out that this is a quality that people like when regarding developer interaction. It's the exact opposite for me and most of his responses continue to establish my opinion of him. Who was the guy who did the bungie bulletins? LukeEms? He had a similar tone from time to time and I hated it.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm pretty shocked to find out that this is a quality that people like when regarding developer interaction. It's the exact opposite for me and most of his responses continue to establish my opinion of him. Who was the guy who did the bungie bulletins? LukeEms? He had a similar tone from time to time and I hated it.

I think Luke Smith. Most of the Destiny community hates him now too.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is anyone else a little curious as to why 2 studio heads jumped ship in the past month or so?

Seems odd to me, maybe just coincidence.

I also personally have 0 idea who is running anything at this point.

Can someone make a "Help me Ske7ch-wan-kenobi, you're my only hope" gif?

He seems to be the only person that (publicly) gives a shit right now.  Maybe its the honeymoon period, idk, but if @ vouches for him, I want to believe he can work some magic over there.

I don't feel like Halo is in a worse place with Josh and Che gone, but i don't feel like its "addition by subtraction" either.  We still need some addition by addition with some good hires to fill those spots.

Can obviously only speak for us over in Europe, but I can assure you we all work our asses off. 

I would rather listen to EU cast ten times over than NA. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Can obviously only speak for us over in Europe, but I can assure you we all work our asses off. 

No worries.

EU casting >>>> NA casting

NA casting is improving (T2 and Elamite specifically) but EU casting has been good for quite a while.

Edit: One detail i think is awesome is how you all sit behind the desk and actually TAKE FUCKING NOTES! i love to see that, simple as it seems.

• Upvote (+1) 3