CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Average matter a lot more when you want something like, ad revenue, screen time for something, etc. Peak matters only to say "Wow we had 10k viewers!" 

exactly, peak matters, you said it yourself

trust

both are important

But go ahead and keep saying 10k peak viewers is a good thing

i didn't say that tho

And speak of peak viewers, without pro league what is the peak H5 viewership? 3k? Less? That's not fine.

way more than that, i'd have to run the numbers but it's not anywhere close to 3k or less
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

exactly, peak matters, you said it yourself

trust

both are important

i didn't say that tho

way more than that, i'd have to run the numbers but it's not anywhere close to 3k or less

It's better to have a higher average, and a lower peak. Because that means more people watched the stream for longer. Hard concept, I know.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

so why are troll posters as Papi not banned here?

The less bans the better; we don't want this place to be an echo chamber. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

low key with the event running as late as it did, lucky it was in Vegas where if you're still up can you keep yourself occupied with lots of other things.

Sucks for the people under the legal age though.

I totally agree, what I am saying is that even MLG would have to deal with shitty lan support, disconnects etc. and everybody should forward their complains to 343 so next time they don't fuck up with fundamental parts of their franchise. I hope they learned  by now, if not god help us. Can u imagine how much better would have HCS been since H2A with proper LAN ?.

We just gotta stop doing mandatory FFAs that eat up a whole tournament day.

This one isn't Millenial's fault, dudes had to run a 64 team bracket(39 teams) but due to it having to go down to 4 teams it had to be 64. Then they have to do an open bracket finals after said 64 bracket? I don't wish that hell on anyone, no way that could be pulled off in 24 hours lmao

They literally had to try to cram 3 tournament brackets into two days, with 10 stations.

The biggest issue isn't execution during the event which I believe they're doing... I'll give them adequate... an adequate job with but the piss poor planning in advance. At first glance no one could have thought 2 double elim tournaments in 1 day was a good idea? Even if there wasn't an influx of teams last minute which is a good thing that eliminates what, one round? That would have cut time by maybe 2 hours probably less. Like you stated they should have run some of the early rounds of the open on Friday as opposed to the double match FFA

When does nV play?

The pro teams probably won't play until 2-3pm PST.

Edit: I'm interested to hear what the pros and amateurs have to say about this event when it's finished.

The pro teams probably won't play until 2-3pm PST.

Would assuming it's going to be another late night here in EU, really wanting to watch and super looking forward to some of FABs games today.

• Upvote (+1) 2

When its Monday tomorrow and youre from the UK but your first class of the day is 4pm so you gonna do all of Sunday.

I will say that I do appreciate them adding in the ability to swap between series between games. At least it means we get to watch Halo instead of downtime (ads, montages, etc). Should have done it yesterday.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I will say that I do appreciate them adding in the ability to swap between series between games. At least it means we get to watch Halo instead of downtime (ads, montages, etc). Should have done it yesterday.

You are assuming it was possible yesterday.

• Downvote (-1) 1

It's amazing that you're more active here than 343 and ESL employees who are responsible for organizing and running tournaments.

343 doesn't care about fostering competitive Halo. Completely wrong people were in charge. 

At this point, I'm starting to think some individuals at 343 and most of ESL couldn't give less of a shit about really growing comp. Halo. hopefully, I'm proved wrong, because it's saddening to just read through the forums and hearing about all of their obvious fuck-ups.

• Upvote (+1) 2

To be fair, last night the organizer went to both Dynasty and Pnda to see if they still wanted to play at 2AM. He told them if they didn't, then they would resume in the morning. Dynasty wanted to play, pnda didn't, so the night ended. Can't blame them for trying to get the matches in so that the schedule didn't get jammed with last night's carry-over.

Overall, I think they didn't anticipate the turnout for this event which is both a good and bad thing. Good in a sense that there is more enthusiasm around the game and the scene. Bad in a sense that this increase in enthusiasm is sending the organizers scrambling to fit everything into 2 days which leads to the tourneys going until 5AM est.

Tournament scene is still a mess and Major League Gaming isn't running tournaments so nothing with Halo tournaments is gonna change.

At this point, I'm starting to think some individuals at 343 and most of ESL couldn't give less of a shit about really growing comp. Halo. hopefully, I'm proved wrong, because it's saddening to just read through the forums and hearing about all of their obvious fuck-ups.

"Define 'growth.'" - @@Timo

• Upvote (+1) 3