CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Most blame should go to 343 because:

Running a "lan" requires dev boxes.

H5 stability is dog shit

Millenial shares blame if many of the delays and excessive downtime were not caused by technical issues. If they were all caused by technical issues its really not their fault. But with all the scheduling problems i dont see that

No. The stream went off after the last 3sup game, and it was almost 5am eastern, but 2am west

The heart of halo is eastern us and midwest. Many players are traveling from east to west over multiple time zones so for their bodies and brains it essentially was 430 am.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I am feeling that maybe the end of competitive Halo is here and 343 will take Halo into another direction.  :(

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I get that the tournament had delays and went on longer than expected, that is just grounds for criticism.  I don't get all the pitchforks being raised because gamers are having to stay up past midnight to play Halo.  Most scrims start around 10pm for me (EST) and end up going well into the night morning.  These kids are at Vegas, I'm sure there is music, stories, food, and other shit to keep these players awake and entertained.  If there isn't, well then more fair criticism.  But stop acting like these players, who likely spend more time playing as a team after midnight, are being tortured because an event ran long.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 10

I get that the tournament had delays and went on longer than expected, that is just grounds for criticism. I don't get all the pitchforks being raised because gamers are having to stay up past midnight to play Halo. Most scrims start around 10pm for me (EST) and end up going well into the night morning. These kids are at Vegas, I'm sure there is music, stories, food, and other shit to keep these players awake and entertained. If there isn't, well then more fair criticism. But stop acting like these players, who likely spend more time playing as a team after midnight, are being tortured because an event ran long.

This isn't just about players, we are still trying to grow the scene here and issues like this are going to stop it. I missed most of last night since I sleep at night (weird I know). I can't imagine casual viewers grinding it out waiting for matches at 4am.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I stopped watching at 12am EST. There was no way I was watching Halo for another 4-5 hours. Things need to change.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This isn't just about players, we are still trying to grow the scene here and issues like this are going to stop it. I missed most of last night since I sleep at night (weird I know). I can't imagine casual viewers grinding it out waiting for matches at 4am.

Believe it or not we had 2200-2300 all night until they signed off
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Believe it or not we had 2200-2300 all night until they signed off

Thank you EU.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd say no problem but brexit.

That 300 million that they pledged to the NHS weekly? Actually for Gfinity Halo tournaments sponsored by UKIP Gaming :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas"

Apparently 343 took this far too literally.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

No. The stream went off after the last 3sup game, and it was almost 5am eastern, but 2am west

I guess I didn't miss much. I normally don't follow AM teams, but I ended up closing the stream around 4:00 AM EST. I think the casting is what kept me watching for so long.

LOL making players stay up all night due to mismanagement. I can't believe 343 led competitive Halo into such a bad direction. I truly feel for all of the players outside the Top 4. They're kinda wasting their time. At this pace Halo e-sports will die within a year. 

I get that the tournament had delays and went on longer than expected, that is just grounds for criticism. I don't get all the pitchforks being raised because gamers are having to stay up past midnight to play Halo. Most scrims start around 10pm for me (EST) and end up going well into the night morning. These kids are at Vegas, I'm sure there is music, stories, food, and other shit to keep these players awake and entertained. If there isn't, well then more fair criticism. But stop acting like these players, who likely spend more time playing as a team after midnight, are being tortured because an event ran long.

I can agree about the time bc vegas doesnt close at all. The issue here us that there are players who have played these online cups for months to try and break into the pro league who are being dragged along to either be told that a) get up on stage for your first game at 2am after waiting all day or b) thanks for stayinh up all night but you wont be playing. The players arent being treated well for something that really affects them

Maybe they mentioned it last night after I left off, but can someone please tell me if they gave a reason as to why Most Wanted is the 1 seed and didn't get the 1st round bye? How in the hell does the 5 seed get the bye? Even if the team that disbanded should have been 4th, clearly you just alter the seeding by bumping others up and making the 8 the bye.

We just gotta stop doing mandatory FFAs that eat up a whole tournament day.

This one isn't Millenial's fault, dudes had to run a 64 team bracket(39 teams) but due to it having to go down to 4 teams it had to be 64. Then they have to do an open bracket finals after said 64 bracket? I don't wish that hell on anyone, no way that could be pulled off in 24 hours lmao

They literally had to try to cram 3 tournament brackets into two days, with 10 stations.

They did start late and there seemed to be excessive downtime. My guess is that most of that was from technical issues though?

I think it fair to blame 343. Give them more stations and real lan support. It was 343s decision to require closed servers and dev boxes, so they need to support it properly which is clearly not happening.

They did start late and there seemed to be excessive downtime. My guess is that most of that was from technical issues though?

I think it fair to blame 343. Give them more stations and real lan support. It was 343s decision to require closed servers and dev boxes, so they need to support it properly which is clearly not happening.

starting late i heard was from a power outage, but im honestly not sure because the stream was still on.

downtime is totally expected during an open tournament, unless every team knows they're on mainstage right away and are on call to go on stage(which doesnt happen)

We just gotta stop doing mandatory FFAs that eat up a whole tournament day.

This one isn't Millenial's fault, dudes had to run a 64 team bracket(39 teams) but due to it having to go down to 4 teams it had to be 64. Then they have to do an open bracket finals after said 64 bracket? I don't wish that hell on anyone, no way that could be pulled off in 24 hours lmao

They literally had to try to cram 3 tournament brackets into two days, with 10 stations.

I dont think the ffa was the problem. Saturday should've started earlier (and on time) to accommodate the brackets. This is also why we need multiple streams to allow more games to be played and viewed at once. I honestly do think any of this was unavoidable

I dont think the ffa was the problem. Saturday should've started earlier (and on time) to accommodate the brackets. This is also why we need multiple streams to allow more games to be played and viewed at once. I honestly do think any of this was unavoidable

If you think that hour late start is the sole reason they couldn't get through two brackets then idunno, just not how it works.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

starting late i heard was from a power outage, but im honestly not sure because the stream was still on.

downtime is totally expected during an open tournament, unless every team knows they're on mainstage right away and are on call to go on stage(which doesnt happen)

I think initial reactions were negative toward Millenial since 1) they're the face of the tourney and 2) we just had UGC which had 0 dev support and was ran so fucking well.

Its clear that the issues start at a higher level now, that Millenial doesnt have control over.

Planning and executing a LAN the year 2016 shouldn´t be a problem for a professional company (343, Millenial) imho.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think initial reactions were negative toward Millenial since 1) they're the face of the tourney and 2) we just had UGC which had 0 dev support and was ran so fucking well.

Its clear that the issues start at a higher level now, that Millenial doesnt have control over.

Yeah but in H2A everyone was pissed at UGC because they did a FFA on Friday and the whole tournament was going super late the rest of the weekend, we finished the finals at 1 am.

I get FFA is good to get known, it's how I got known, but it seriously sets back the whole tournament to run it. Especially when this FFA you have to play 2 maps (24 mins)

• Upvote (+1) 4