CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Pnda got 3-0ed by Bittersweet. Can't believe this matchup wasn't on main stage. 

Edit: Random thought, but what if Relegation was top 4 AM and bottom 4 Pro teams? Top 4 go to Season Finals. Two separate double-elim 8-team LANs. AM talent seems too deep for only 2 teams to go to relegation.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Although there are some problems, I'm really impressed that Halo 5 managed to pull 50 teams on a west coast event.. with a small prize pool... a year after launch.

Well done community :)

• Upvote (+1) 6

Edit: Random thought, but what if Relegation was top 4 AM and bottom 4 Pro teams? Top 4 go to Season Finals. Two separate double-elim 8-team LANs. AM talent seems too deep for only 2 teams to go to relegation.

My only thought on this is "How many teams have actually been relegated?" the answer to that will change the way I think people should view how many spots exist for pro league and how many are up for relegation

My only thought on this is "How many teams have actually been relegated?" the answer to that will change the way I think people should view how many spots exist for pro league and how many are up for relegation

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding you, but this would allow 0-4 pro teams to be relegated out of Pro League each season.

Also, this tourney's gonna last forever for east coast viewers: 

• Upvote (+1) 1

We cant even get all the matches for a 4 team event streamed. This might be too much

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did Panda actually get 3-0'd by Snipedowns girlfriends team that's hilarious tbh if true.

Oh just realized that Randa's team name is Bittersweet.

Sure it's been said before but observer mode without actual gamertags is the worst thing since armor lock. 

Also Strongside and Elamite keep mentioning more and more games and series, almost like it's a threat. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They're saying this based on the time for the Open Finals? It would be a little rough to play at midnight as your first match of the whole day...

They should have to stay up honestly and play it out fully I don't want the Championship bracket going on until 1 am tomorrow.

Championship bracket matters less than who goes to Relegation though.

They're going to be up for another 5-6 hours I bet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I keep seeing / hearing "relegation" and thinking that people are misspelling regulation. Is "relegation" the top bracket of the Open Circuit?

Running until 3am-5am EST with placings that actually matter? Lol wow.

Guess we really are entitled millennials! /s

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Fucking hell another 5-6 hours? They wont be finishing until 11am Sunday morning here if that's the case.

I really hope for the Championship bracket tomorrow we have a B Stream so we can see most/all of the matches like I'm really looking forward to seeing Fabe vs NA Pros teams they'd better show it on stream.

Relegation spots are about to be decided by caffeine, endurance, and maybe some skill. This sucks. 

To be fair, a long run through winners / losers bracket before involved a lot of the same ingredients. I think the best are still going to be the best.