CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

lacked a lot of individualism. 

Too much focus on "teamwork"

I'm gonna nitpick this shit.

I think you're referring to teamshot, which is the most basic form of teamwork.

Halo's lacked empowering the individual for a very long time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Personal opinion time, but this is quite applicable I feel.

I'm half blind, with no vision in my left eye, so when I play Halo I actually have to move my head to view the screen at all sides, which sucks but its easy to get use to. Now for sniping, ive been playing since Halo 3 and i was useless, id barely touch sniper unless its the other teams or FFA just to deter others for picking it up, same for Reach, H4 and H2A.

Halo 5 I can get triples and the occasional overkill with snipers.

Might just be coincidental but I dont think so. The H5 sniper is by far too easy to use and how much teams can rely on victories with just one pick up and sitting back speaks volumes.

Well that's that argument over. Blind people can get overs with the h5 snipe and i don't even doubt it for a second. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I remember going back and forth from Reach to H3 back in the day.

I'd be sniping on point in H3, switch to Reach and not miss a beat.

I'd do the reverse switch and miss a ton of shots in H3 - the ease of use of the sniper in Reach made me lazy with my aim. H5 looks at least as easy as Reach to land shots.

It makes no difference whatsoever.

Actually if 343 were to make Halo 5's sniper harder to use it could possibly make a world of difference. The main reason why Halo 5's sniper is on a 3 min timer is because players can easily dominate with it due to it being ridiculously easy to use and due to the fact that Halo 5's magnum is an inadequate utility weapon. That being said if 343 were to make Halo 5's sniper harder for players to be able to properly utilize by reducing it's aim-assist and bullet magnetism than they could make it spawn more frequently but with less ammo in it.

For an example 343 could put Halo 5's sniper on a 90 second timer but have it spawn with only one spare clip in it or they could even put it on a 60 second timer with no spare clips in it. Yes I'm well aware that doing this would reduce some emphasis on controlling the sniper and put more emphasis on controlling other power items such as rockets, camo, and OS but IMO that is a good thing. The sniper would only be pivotal if players are skilled enough to be able to properly utilize it in crucial situations.

Halo's lacked empowering the individual for a very long time.

Exactly the balance between team-shooting and the empowerment of individual players has been out of whack since Halo 2. Yes some of Halo 2's button combos allowed for skilled individual players to be able to standout from mediocre players but unfortunately it wasn't enough to prevent the game from devolving into a shallow team-shooting fest. Team-shooting is the most basic form of teamwork, there is nothing wrong with the mere concept of team-shooting. The issue arises when team-shooting becomes a necessity and not just a situational tactic.  

Some people praise Halo 5's Spartan Abilities because of all the movement tech that they offer but IMO Halo 5's movement mechanics aren't enough to allow great players to be able to distinguish themselves from good players especially in formats outside of 4v4 such as FFA and 2v2. Just like Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo Reach, Halo 4, and Halo 2A, Halo 5 also has a very similar issue when it comes to trying to balance team-shooting and the empowerment of individual players especially when factoring in the fact that Halo 5's Spartan Abilities elongates engagements.

This is why myself and other people that share very similar sentiments about Halo 5's game play are advocating for 343 to buff Halo 5's magnum to a 4SK while increasing it's red reticle range but while also reducing it's bullet magnetism to compensate for it's buff so it can become a more ideal utility weapon.

I feel like FFA and Halo 5 in general would be much more tolerable to play if 343 were to buff Halo 5's magnum to a 4SK and put all of the tier 1 weapons on tier 2 timers so it would limit the amount of weapons on the map.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So much staff changing at 343. What is going on?

Each new game is going to have staff turnover, this isn't anything new. Weird to see someone that high leave though.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Halo 3 sniper is garbage, just as easy as H5.

it was my favorite sniper but thats probably because it was harder for people to kill me across the map hence the easiest to use a lot of the time but not because of auto aim

• Upvote (+1) 1

So much staff changing at 343. What is going on?

Without sounding super tinfoil, I wouldn't be surprised if they were being forced out more than anything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Without sounding super tinfoil, I wouldn't be surprised if they were being forced out more than anything.

TFW Josh leaves, but Quinn stays  :wutface:  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 8

If Dan Ayoub wasn't out after MCC, no one can be :uncledrew:

• Upvote (+1) 9

If Dan Ayoub wasn't out after MCC, no one can be :uncledrew:

He pre-ordered Halo Wars 2 and got a promotion.

Your move.

• Upvote (+1) 5

He pre-ordered Halo Wars 2 and got a promotion.

Your move.

Did you pre-order Halo 3: Anniversary?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I stopped moving so I could die and spawn faster, that's a normal strategy in ffa isn't it? I had been doing it all day in matches where I was winning/losing/tied because I wanted that life to end.

to add on, I didn't even see the person who was shooting me so I didn't know who I was giving the kill to at the time.
  • Upvote (+1) 9