CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

How do you know he was feeding?  I'm not denying it, genuinely want to see a clip or something.

I mean @@RyaNoob 's situation was bizarre, he just stopped moving so there's a reason people are saying it although I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Snip3down definitely wasn't. Running from stellur and dropping onto elite isn't feeding, it's avoiding giving the 1 player who could win over him an unnecessary kill. People just love drama even in an FFA Friday

Edit: when he dropped onto Elite it's not like he even knew elite was there although he could assume a player was just not which player

• Upvote (+1) 5

Don't have a clip and I'm not 100% on snipedown but ryanoob literally stopped moving and let eli kill him and get second instead of stellur, obviously im kind of joking but its still annoying to see it happen

Reminds me of H4GC. APG was beating contra by 1, and Contra was shooting Legit at the last second, if Legit was playing at all he wouldn't have died no matter what since he was right by the door to under the base and instead he just AFK'd and Contra got the free kill to tie apg and he advanced because of it. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

The amount of power weapons in this game is ridiculous.  Every map is over saturated with power weapons and it waters down the gameplay.

It's a combination of how easy they are to use and how players spawn with weapons that can't competently fight against them.

Reminds me of H4GC. APG was beating contra by 1, and Contra was shooting Legit at the last second, if Legit was playing at all he wouldn't have died no matter what since he was right by the door to under the base and instead he just AFK'd and Contra got the free kill to tie apg and he advanced because of it. 

That's exaclty what it reminded me of. It's not entertainging but it's the smart play.

That's exaclty what it reminded me of. It's not entertainging but it's a smart play.

Oh legit didn't do it to make a smart play. He just stopped playing since he was already advanced and didn't care anymore, which ended up screwing APG out of the top 4 and putting contra in. 

I wish there was a map like shrine in h5. Symmetrical, dual snipes, can change the pace at the drop of a hat.

Low key, torque slayer is a good enough substitute and should be added.

Nerf the sniper then we can talk about dual snipe maps.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Juziro making FFA finals, congrats on that bud, he was real good during OC FFA so good to see him go one step further.

• Upvote (+1) 4

oyLdp24.jpg

torque lowkey isn't that bad. Open up some of the blocked paths and stop the pillars from moving and it's almost like a really bad sanctuary. With ctf spawns slayer could be okay. I'd be down to test it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

torque lowkey isn't that bad. Open up some of the blocked paths and stop the pillars from moving and it's almost like a really bad sanctuary. With ctf spawns slayer could be okay. I'd be down to test it.

If anybody would agree with torque not being a flaming pile of shit, it would be you.

It makes no difference whatsoever.

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH? 
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Anyone have the bracket for hcs Vegas ? Didn't even know there was a tournament in Las Vegas since I haven't followed Halo for a bit, might go. 

FFA was enjoyable to watch but holy shit at how many storm rifle/splinter kills were witnessed. If they ever release the stats it will be awful. Not just the kills but the damage those gimmicks contribute to deaths. I'm sorry to say this but 343 and their daily playtests are the reason for these awful settings. How else at several points the kill-feed during the game is dominated by storm rifle kills/trades which was common throughout the tournament. 343 improved spawns and removed hammer, saw, caster and fuel which is nice, although FFA still looks awful. I can't believe they apparently tested these settings knowing that players will stack weapons/nades to get the best competitive edge possible. 

Since HCS Orange County, we’ve talked to a wide variety of players, including some of the top FFA players to get their feedback on maps, weapon layouts, and mode settings in effort to create a more balanced FFA experience. https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/ffa-format-updates-for-hcs-las-vegas

FFA should always be about an individuals skill, experience, and awareness. Currently it's about grabbing a combination of weapons/grenades and beating fresh spawners that only have a magnum/ar. I can tolerate a power weapon/up but not multiple players running around with Rifles/storm rifle/splinter combos and not necessarily beating players through skill but a combination of luck (spawns, cleanups to gain weapons etc) and sandbox balance. The same meta applies to 4v4 but cleanups by teammates alleviate the problem whilst the gameplay of FFA punishes the player to a greater extent. 

20 second respawns are ridiculous for on map weapons when they despawn in 30. Grenades (mainly splinters) don't exactly help with their 30 second respawn and despawn. I don't necessarily want a barebones FFA experience just a higher emphasis on the players decision making and not what weapons the player is using. Regret had a single storm rifle to spawn and yet 4 or more were being used by players in heat 1 of the finals. 

I really hope players at the event provide as much feedback to 343 because the snowball nature of H5 is out of control.  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 4

If anybody would agree with torque not being a flaming pile of shit, it would be you.

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?

What? The sniper being easy to use has no bearing on anything it's been easy from the beginning. And it has no effect on positioning and play style of dual snipe Maps. We've seen several scenarios wherere one team ends up with two snipers and it hasn't been dominating even though the sniper is just as easy.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 8

What? The sniper being easy to use has no bearing on anything it's been easy from the beginning. And it has no effect on positioning and play style of dual snipe Maps. We've seen several scenarios wherere one team ends up with two snipers and it hasn't been dominating even though the sniper is just as easy.

Two snipers on any map right now would be straight overkill with how simplistic it is to use. It'll basicaly just be like Fuel Rods in a sense where if you hold them both youre just guaranteed 6 kills.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH? 

Yeah I should just say negative edgy things because I have no opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Two snipers on any map right now would be straight overkill with how simplistic it is to use. It'll basicaly just be like Fuel Rods in a sense where if you hold them both youre just guaranteed 6 kills.

except that hasnt happened in any of the scenarios we've seen where one team has two snipers (plaza, coli, and especially eden), nor does this happen against good players on Torque slayer, which has two snipes, and camo bottom mid. This is yet another example of you guys exaggerating how good people are with the sniper.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Interesting, I saw a 3.6k peak

I love sully gnome tho, great website, that's where I grab my average viewers data from

When I look closer it seems not to be a real peak because the measure is exactly on the hour. I guess they pull the data one time per hour.

• Upvote (+1) 1