CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't like being negative, but god damn the HCS/H5 is becoming a joke at this point. So many poor decisions regarding settings and league structure, an awful spectator mode, awful servers online and now we even have ghost melees and disconnects at live events.

Big difference between Reality and Negativity.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't see why people dislike Cratos. Coming from someone who doesn't like watching H5, he honestly makes things interesting by starting drama. What I mean is, having someone basically be "the villain" just makes me want him to lose, and gets me more interested in the HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Big difference between Reality and Negativity.

I agree, if mistakes were few and far between it would make sense to avoid negativity and be optimistic. However, at this point the HCS/H5 has been so poorly executed that negativity is justified IMO.

The thing that bothers me the most is that I constantly see pro players and AMs alike make wonderful suggestions on twitter regarding tournament structures and settings for the HCS, however, none of it is ever implemented. That and the fact that apparently 343 can't make a game that works.

Are the ghost melees and double nades a connection issue or a problem with the game itself?

I had ghost melees happen in campaign and I'm sure double grenades is a connection thing like the past 5 Halo FPS titles.

I will never stop saying how much I miss an actual LAN experience. Decent event so far looking past the issues, but man... This needs to fixed. This is ridiculous.

--------------------

This off-topic and I'm sorry for the shameless promotion but I just made a post in the Halo 5 thread that I think a lot of people would enjoy. Feeling kind of triggered from the Anniversary Throwback announcement, it led me to make this post. 

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5443-halo-5-guardians-discussion/page-5284?do=findComment&comment=866991

I'm not a professional video maker by any means haha.. But I had a ton of fun making this video. If you guys want to talk about it feel free to post in the H5 thread! If not, that's fine too. I just appreciate you checking it out! Enjoy!

/plug.

Like I said in the other thread im 100% blown away by the fact that the competitive community has settled on default H5 when settings that looks this good could be made.

It saddens me that this is the state of this community.

Logged on twitch earlier today and saw 2000 viewers for a LAN. I cant help but think how much better this stuff would be going with amazing settings like I just saw in that montage.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Snip3down

Stellur

Ryanoob

Eli Elite

Tripppey

Juziro

FFA Finalists via HCS Live Tweets 

RIGGED ryanoob and snipedown feeding smh

The format is kinda dumb. If they did it by overall kills rather than average placement, feeding wouldn't occur.

The format is kinda dumb. If they did it by overall kills rather than average placement, feeding wouldn't occur.

yea it is pretty dumb, and its funny that snipedown and ryanoob were criticizing babyj for leaving mid game and they go and do that lol 

Sometimes I feel like the bad formats are suppose to keep us distracted from the glaring game issues. Maybe I'm going insane.

-----

Congrats to Snipedown on the win!

Must have played on the online setups

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ghost melees are the same thing as blood shots in H3 it's a hit detection issue not a connection issue they'll happen regardless of online or LAN until patched.

• Upvote (+1) 1

FFA sucks in my opinion because Halo since H3 has lacked a lot of individualism. 

Too much focus on "teamwork" aka making killtimes longer but guns easier to use.

Bring back skillful, powerful but interesting weapons and your game will reap the rewards like having a good FFA mode.

Also the Power Weapons are still a bit ridiculous, but that then comes back to the first point. They are just so easy.

Also on topic, unfortunate that Brandon (Respectful) got unlucky in Semis. Guy is insane at this game. Eli Elite is also solid at FFA. That was enjoyable to watch outside of all the cheesy weapons.

Roll on 4v4 tomorrow. Super excited to see how fabE stack up on Sunday!  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

im happy snipedown won but someone from optic would've won the ffa. snakebites shot under pressure is the best ive ever seen

shoutout to your boy eli elite, dude is a savage!

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

yea it is pretty dumb, and its funny that snipedown and ryanoob were criticizing babyj for leaving mid game and they go and do that lol 

How do you know he was feeding?  I'm not denying it, genuinely want to see a clip or something.

• Upvote (+1) 2

How do you know he was feeding?  I'm not denying it, genuinely want to see a clip or something.

Don't have a clip and I'm not 100% on snipedown but ryanoob literally stopped moving and let eli kill him and get second instead of stellur, obviously im kind of joking but its still annoying to see it happen

• Upvote (+1) 3