CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

anyone else find FFA's too boring to watch, or is it just me? Maybe it's not being able to look at the scoreboards and see who's doing well (because of the gamertags), but I'm just not interested in anything but the final round.

Not shitting on it, and I'm happy that it's there, just seeing if anyone else feels the same

• Upvote (+1) 6

You know, i used to actually enjoy watching Halo FFAs.  Now its just .... meh.  still have the stream going regardless

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Surely 343 will realize how much of a priority it is to include LAN into Halo 6 right? Arguably the extreme majority of competitors are not happy having to play online at an event and it seems like most of them have been vocal about this point. No LAN is incredibly baffling to me, but maybe thats because I played through an era where it was very important since online connections were laughable compared to todays standards. Regardless.. I hope they fix this as it's more than just an annoyance to the competitors, but a HUGE roll of the dice for any tournament organizers that wish to support Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 5

No LAN is incredibly baffling to me, but maybe thats because I played through an era where it was very important since online connections were laughable compared to todays standards. 

It's not that laughable when I can sit here and say that in 2005 I had better connections in Halo 2 than I do in Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Surely 343 will realize how much of a priority it is to include LAN into Halo 6 right? Arguably the extreme majority of competitors are not happy having to play online at an event and it seems like most of them have been vocal about this point. No LAN is incredibly baffling to me, but maybe thats because I played through an era where it was very important since online connections were laughable compared to todays standards. Regardless.. I hope they fix this as it's more than just an annoyance to the competitors, but a HUGE roll of the dice for any tournament organizers that wish to support Halo.

The hypocrisy of their decisions is always humorous. Wants to grow Halo 5 as an esport. Gets rid of arguably one of the most important aspects of helping the game grow.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Its a small complaint but seeing ffa 1 is dumb. Let the players know whom they are fighting

No offline gamertags allowed dude.  That shit would take forever to recover everyone's tag, and I think the Xbox can only hold a certain amount of gamertags.

I agree that it's completely annoying, and could be solved by simply adding offline LAN capabilities like EVERY OTHER HALO GAME.

• Upvote (+1) 4

No offline gamertags allowed dude. That shit would take forever to recover everyone's tag, and I think the Xbox can only hold a certain amount of gamertags.

I agree that it's completely annoying, and could be solved by simply adding offline LAN capabilities like EVERY OTHER HALO GAME.

Didnt they implement gts near the end of hcs oc and ugc though?

1v1s are super boring to watch, but I do enjoy FFAs on Midship. 

serious question- does the xbox one have LAN capabilities? i thought the console capable of LAN, did not think it was up to individual games to support it.

I do not get why they use BR starts for FFA when 343 is all about leaving things as vanilla as possible. Instead they change the 1 vanilla thing that should be left alone.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I do not get why they use BR starts for FFA when 343 is all about leaving things as vanilla as possible. Instead they change the 1 vanilla thing that should be left alone.

I wasn't aware they had switched to BR starts (this would be the first HCS FFA to use them). Literally the one thing from GB/TB settings that I dislike.

Didnt they implement gts near the end of hcs oc and ugc though?

Once there were only a few teams left, I believe they had the pros recover their tags.  Funnily enough, some of the pros gamertags were still on the Xboxes from like 3(?) years ago at the last UGC in St. Louis.

• Upvote (+1) 1