CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Are we sure that the halo channel wont at least be hosting the tournament?

Sure, but hosting really doesn't do much, if anything unless someone is randomly checking out the /Halo URL.

I'd be surprised if they ponied up as big as they did last year. It's probably clear that one big tournament had no lasting impact on the game, which is what they were striving for (I assume).

i expect this worlds to be like 1.5M (hopefully)

I think HWC was a success on some fronts and a failure on others

Fair enough, I'll just have to agree to disagree.

you also have to consider all the lead up to the event

HWC was the one event 343 did a good job of advertising 

Sure, but hosting really doesn't do much, if anything unless someone is randomly checking out the /Halo URL.

Oh shit thats right, it doesn't send the "Halo is live on twitch right now!" email either.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What time is the stream today?

3:43PM PT

And no, I'm not kidding.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What stream?

"Tune in to Twitch.tv/Halo at approximately 3:43 p.m. PST for our special tribute to Halo. During the jam-packed show we’ll have a special walkthrough of the Halo Museum, talk Halo Wars 2 with Dan Ayoub & Max Szlagor, hear about some of the team and community’s fondest Halo memories, play Halo 5 with fans, talk HCS with Tashi & Strongside, take a look at the upcoming Halo Loot crate with James, answer your tweets and whatever else we end up doing when we inevitably stray from script. This’ll be my very first time in the co-host seat and I’m super excited to read all of your totally positive and inspiring Twitch live-chat comments!"

Hmm, so Ske7ch is super excited to read all the positive and inspiring Twitch live chat comments? Yeah, that is probably the most optimistic thought in the history of mankind. Or is he ironic in a subtle and a very professional way? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just out of curiosity... have people been experiencing ghost melees still since the "under the hood" update to "gather information"?

I got a few in campaign, so yes.

Just out of curiosity... have people been experiencing ghost melees still since the "under the hood" update to "gather information"?

I think someone yesterday posted a video of ninja raging getting a ghost melee.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's to the point that you get paranoid about updates.

Like, I can't even tell if they're legit updates or placebo updates to just shut people hope and buy some quick goodwill while they actually fix it. If it isn't that, then it makes the situation even worse since they don't know how to even fix it. It's starting to sound like those bs updates MCC had for the first few months that didn't really fix anything.

200.gif#0

• Upvote (+1) 3

Totally random question but I've been wondering this ever since the MLG days... why does the higher seed get Red Team? Is there some sort of advantage to this outside of asymmetrical maps having unbalanced weapon placement?

He did blatantly say no radar would be worse and continued to say he's never played without radar. It's not the differing opinion that matters.

Sorry I should have included IMO in my OG post like the rest. I was just stating my opinion and my thoughts about the radar situation. Just from playing the game currently and watching the meta change slightly to what it is now gives makes me assume what could happen in the future.  But like I said the first issue that should be handled is the weapon placements, then thinking about the radar. 

Also @@TiberiusAudley https://clips.twitch.tv/ninja/PleasantDunlinKappa

• Upvote (+1) 7

When did ghost melees start happening? I don't remember them when the game first launched.

Thanks for all the stream clips guys, making my lunch break more entertaining.  :fire:

23wIDav.png

Lol i do the same thing in class.  when class is over, I have about 10 twitch clip tabs open to watch during lunch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When did ghost melees start happening? I don't remember them when the game first launched.

Dare I say after the Ghosts of Meridian update lmao

• Upvote (+1) 9

If the pros are tweeting shit like this and 343 sit there and still give us updates in the Action Sack playlist and nowhere else, gotta understand why there's no fanbase anymore.

Am I the only one that would love to see a game 7 of Mongoose Sumo between nV and OpTic??   :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Totally random question but I've been wondering this ever since the MLG days... why does the higher seed get Red Team? Is there some sort of advantage to this outside of asymmetrical maps having unbalanced weapon placement?

Beaver Creek CTF.

Yeah I had one this morning and there is a clip of Ninja getting fucked by one last night.  I have hardly been playing Halo 5 recently, mostly MWR but in the past few days i have had a couple ghost melees, double-nades, multiple quitters/lag-outs (hard to tell the difference) and kills that registered after i had already switched weapons or started to reload.

I see what you mean. I just think it boils down to having some serious top level management issues.

Someone decided not to prioritize split screen

Someone decided that MP would be online only

Someone decided that Universal Settings would benefit to professional and general populations

These 3 really get me ticked off. The first 2 are obvious.

The universal settings argument has never made any sense.  Its a farce to begin with both settings wise and weapon balance...

Snipers has no radar and no weapon pickups. weapon balance irrelevant because you only have one weapon...

SWAT has no shields, radar or pickups - Balance also irrelevant since you spawn with the only weapons that you use

Action sack - totally wild gametypes, req variants, balance irrelevant because of the outlandish nature of the gametype

Big Team is BR start on Forge maps.  Longer range encounters so any changes to Automatic balance wouldn't be noticed.

Infection -  duh

Grifball - duh

non of those have "vanilla" settings and it doesn't deter people from playing them.  Any of the argued balance changes would have negligible to no effect.  The differences in settings are the WHOLE REASON for playing them.

The only playlists with vanilla settings and balance are Slayer, FFA, and Arena.  FFA and Arena are especially damaged by this.

Universal settings are a farce.  Stop fighting it 343.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Happy anniversary to halo!! Still remember being 8 years old playing CE at a friends house... hooking up the system link and the last one to the console got the massive controller.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Happy anniversary to halo!! Still remember being 8 years old playing CE at a friends house... hooking up the system link and the last one to the console got the massive controller.

THE DUUUUKE!!! 2gre would still use that if it were available i think.