CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

My dream scenario is that they have H3A in Fall 2017 and use it for 2 years competitively to give themselves an extra year developing H6 to ensure everything it needs is there and is working right at launch.

They took an extra year to develop H5 and it didn't even have BTB and Forge at launch.

I'd like to see H3A though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

They took an extra year to develop H5 and it didn't even have BTB and Forge at launch.

I'd like to see H3A though.

Development cycles for halo have always been 3 years.  Halo 4 was only 2 years after reach, but that was the transition between Bungie and 343  and IIRC they started before reach released.

They should be able to accomplish H6 with an incremental update instead of a total re-do like they had to do with H5 (Compared to halo 4 anyway)

Most of the problems with the game right now are server based, weapon balance or things that can be edited via forge and custom game settings.

That's what is most frustrating about Halo 5.  It's actually really close to being a great game. And the things that are wrong with it (other than server stuff, i have no idea whats going on in the backend obviously) are not that hard to fix and have been known for a year at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Frank said H3A wasn't happening anyway on Neogaf.

Just kinda hope he's lying. Like he lied about fixing MCC.

it is gonna happen eventually, they might just be milking it until after H6

Can somebody give me a timeline of whats next now that pro league is over?

Can't find the dates for Las Vegas and finals

That's because they also had to develop a new exhaust.

It's too late now, but there should have been a Social Playlist without hidden ranks. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

We all know what do here. Take the +1 without hesitation.

YBomTyR.png

What in the actual fuck....

• Upvote (+1) 8

Can somebody give me a timeline of whats next now that pro league is over?

Can't find the dates for Las Vegas and finals

Vegas: this weekend
Finals: 10th December.

After that; winter pro league.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

After that; winter pro league.

I wonder how long it will take for the first game of thrones inspired meme.

My dream scenario is that they have H3A in Fall 2017 and use it for 2 years competitively to give themselves an extra year developing H6 to ensure everything it needs is there and is working right at launch.

I hope so but I doubt it. It'll end up being one year because MS wants to squeeze more cash out of the franchise by releasing more games. Happened with MCC. Happened with H5. Probably will happen again unfortunately  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope so but I doubt it. It'll end up being one year because MS wants to squeeze more cash out of the franchise by releasing more games. Happened with MCC. Happened with H5. Probably will happen again unfortunately  :mj:

Honestly, the only way I am ok with H3A even happening is if it's half price (free for MCC owners), works flawlessly, and comes with an apology for MCC on the title screen.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i hope you guys don't get your hopes up about h3a

h2a felt and played nothing like actual h2

H2A wasn't meant to feel like H2, but I see your point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly why would they NOT make H3a. :(

Halo 3 was the absolute peak of the Halo franchise. MWR has done tremendously well, and Halo 3 completely outsold it. 

Literally sales opportunities everywhere. 

Halo 3 was the absolute peak of the Halo franchise. MWR has done tremendously well, and Halo 3 completely outsold it. 

The guy literally said the exact same thing about the time they would've had to have been working on MCC/H2A. It might or might not happen but his (Frankie's) words are worthless.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H3 was great for me because it was my first Halo(I was not privileged enough to have owned an xbox for H1/H2) and I was able to go to a friends house with buddies and LAN the shit out of it. If they did H3A with no LAN enabled like H5 and not let people revisit those old experiences(finding skulls, 4 player co-op campaign) Then I wouldn't really want it. Now as an adult with a TV large enough to not squint with 4 players on one screen, pls give me LAN.

Long story short: If they don't do it right...I don't want it. Seems like they are dug in on this 1 screen per box/dedicated server stuff. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

So according to this, every pro team is going except OpTic?

I don't think thats all the way accurate. In the "notable open bracket teams" section, there are players there that haven't touch halo in months (Too Tipsy for Tyrant team)